PDA

View Full Version : Insight?

Insightful
21-01-2010, 08:37 AM
Hi all,

My first post here :)

i was wondering if the first get Honda Insight was sold in Australia? i've searched Carsales & other sites with no luck, but i faintly remember it being sold here?

if it was can anybody please point me in the right direction of finding one?

twing
21-01-2010, 10:03 AM
I saw one in melbourne once. I think they were sold for limited number. Like 20 cars only for the whole australia.

JAC
05-02-2010, 11:14 PM
Insightful,
there were only 45 cars sold in australia, all in manual transmission (the only available manual trans for hybrid in oz) and 1 private imported with CVT transmission.
That is why it is so hard to find one now. I want to buy another one for my spare parts :)
I have one in my garage and drive it around south eastern Melbourne suburb.

UNLS1
11-02-2010, 09:12 AM
Insightful,
there were only 45 cars sold in australia, all in manual transmission (the only available manual trans for hybrid in oz) and 1 private imported with CVT transmission.
That is why it is so hard to find one now. I want to buy another one for my spare parts :)
I have one in my garage and drive it around south eastern Melbourne suburb.

wait till the 4th 1/4 of this year and u can buy a new one!

tseesinngwailo
11-02-2010, 09:23 AM
Theres one in the Powerhouse Museum in Sydney and has a perspex bonnet..

I would have liked to get one, but just too expensive for what you get

JAC, how do you actually find having one? do you drive it much and does it really get good economy?

JAC
15-02-2010, 10:45 PM
tseesinngwailo
I drive this car a lot until last year and lifetime fuel consumption is 4.0lt/100 km after over 100000km on the clock.
Depending on the weather, my normal drive 50/50 highway and normal traffic I got around 3.6 - 4.2 liter/100km and my worst one was around 6.7liter/100km while doing a lot of climbing and accelerated hard with full IMA assist.
In hot day it always return a little above 4.2 liter/100km as I use full auto climate aircon so the car will never get into idle mode to save fuel.
Overall, i am quite impressed with this little car fuel cons, especially while doing long freeway trip it returned 3.2lt/100km after around 350km trip.

A great car to commute to work, cost me $45 for 3 weeks on premium unleaded (around 750km)

I found one at used car yard in 2005 advertised on carsales.

tseesinngwailo
16-02-2010, 09:08 AM
Cool, but it only seats 2 people right? I always wanted to build an electric car using a Honda N360 Zot or similar, but the engine is the cheapest part, its the batteries and controller that kills the idea

4L per 100 sounds good though!

panda[cRx]
16-02-2010, 01:50 PM
wait till the 4th 1/4 of this year and u can buy a new one!

about time!

i haven't seen any sales figures, but i probably see at least 15-20 for every FD civic/Euro/Accord i see on Japanese roads.

JAC
16-02-2010, 08:50 PM
tseesinngwailo, yes it is 2 seater car.
You may want to check out if you haven't already for your interest : www.insightcentral.net
I am doing posting on this site as well with all other insight and honda hybrid owners to get to know the insight better since Honda dealer and service centre in Australia seem to know very little about the insight.

UNLS1
20-02-2010, 08:32 AM
i saw a few in the states in jan, i must say they look like more of a normal hatch in the flesh, they dont look as odd looking as a prius thats for sure.

I think they will do rather well and im looking forward to selling them! it will be a good start to our new dealership we are building atm!

Type-R
21-02-2010, 09:33 AM
I hope the CR-Z doesn't get delayed as long as the Insight has.... that would mean we would only see the CR-Z in 4th qtr of 2011. :(