PDA

View Full Version : Foam filler

threesix
21-01-2010, 03:14 PM
does anyone know what a good brand of foam filler??

there is a ****ing rattle which ive found in the wheel arch and wanna stop it.

any ideas on brands?? has anyone used it before??

cheers.

al.

chowdaa
21-01-2010, 10:56 PM
OK, i like getting rough but i do draw a line.
I would try securing it legitimately, try pin pointing and confirming by removing the inner wheel arch so you don't make a mess for nothing.
Don't recommend filling the inner guard with foam at all.

xclusive_eg8
22-01-2010, 01:57 AM
if u have a crash, whats the plan to fix it if its filled with expander foam??

threesix
22-01-2010, 07:17 AM
the workshop (kinda big where i live) said foam away brother! LOL!!!

i was thinking (and asked said shop) about hardcore duct tape and he said sure, but filling foam will be better.

im gonna take the wheel off...pin point it.. tape/secure it..and see how it goes without using foam.

thanks chowdaaa!

tiksie
22-01-2010, 07:42 AM
Dodgy workshop.....

threesix
22-01-2010, 07:45 AM
pretty much.

e240
22-01-2010, 08:06 AM
Building foams that you get from bunnings can actually cause corrosion on metal parts..Additionally, if not done properly, can trap moisture and again..corrosion.

Your call man..

aaronng
22-01-2010, 08:45 AM
the workshop (kinda big where i live) said foam away brother! LOL!!!

i was thinking (and asked said shop) about hardcore duct tape and he said sure, but filling foam will be better.

im gonna take the wheel off...pin point it.. tape/secure it..and see how it goes without using foam.

thanks chowdaaa!
You won't be able to apply foam into an open area. It is poured in as a liquid, so you cannot have any open gaps, otherwise it will just leak or pour out onto the ground.

The workshop is giving poor advice. You should pinpoint the rattle, and it could be something as simple as a loose dust shield or the resonator hitting the chassis because of a missing bolt. Once you find the source, look for missing bolts and replace those. If all the bolts are there, you can use the duct tape route as a troubleshooting guide to further narrow down the offending source.

threesix
22-01-2010, 09:33 AM
cheers guys!

threesix
24-01-2010, 09:28 AM
fixed it! no foam needed for shit!! never going back to that workshop again.

just needed some hardcore masking tape and some skill. hahaha!

very happy i asked about foam on here before i did anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks guys!! OZHONDA FTW!!!!!!!! :)