PDA

View Full Version : Weird Idling Problem on my Daily.

xntrik
21-01-2010, 03:54 PM
Sorry if its not Honda related but I thought it was generic and going to ask anyway &
YES I HAVE SEARCHED THIS UP and found this
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123702&highlight=idle+problem

But nothing seem to have really outlined my problem.

My daily is an '01 Model Toyota Camry :thumbsup:
The thing is today I took it out to the shops and noticed clock time was wrong (it was on 12:00)
when I left the house at a little past 1:00pm.

*NOTE: This is not the first time it has happened and always started regardless if the clock is out etc.

All was well, til I got home parked it for a bit, then I realised it was getting hot so I wanted to park it in the garage!
Tried starting the car but it wouldnt start, so I thought hey maybe its just the battery but
it has always started fine if I just leave it alone for awhile.

So I came back an hour later the car is scorching, and I started it,
this time it started fine but I noticed that the car idle'd a little more quiet than usual
so I popped the bonnet and listened to the engine it sounded like it was flactuating.

I looked on the cluster/revmeter the car was flactuating between 800-1000rpm,
and sounded like it was going to pass out,
so I turned it off and ran here to ask you smart people what is happening to my daily driver?

Is it 1. The battery? (I've been meaning to replace it for awhile, as the car seem to reset itself every 2-3 days, radio station, clock etc)

is it 2. Overheating? as today is scorching and my daily is usually in the sun copping it in.

Maybe its none of the above, please share your inputs.
:thumbsup:

YBJLS4
21-01-2010, 06:19 PM
i know jumpy idleing can be the result of buildup in some part of your tb and/or some other valve near there. clean it out and see if that fixes it. correct me i im wrong.

xQuizit
21-01-2010, 08:07 PM
had same problem on my 93 teg twas revhunting while stand still, cleaned the fitv and iavc fixed it

xntrik
22-01-2010, 03:33 AM
Thanks guys will try it tomorrow,
but I started the car up 5 minutes ago (I just got back from work)
And the only weird thing was when it started that it idled at 1200,
and then quickly dropped to 1000 and it was pretty stable there for the 5 minutes
that I left it on.

So maybe it was just a overheating thing.
But I will also give the iavc a clean when I have time.