PDA

View Full Version : standard EG shocks

im.Kusuma
21-01-2010, 08:44 PM
Hello all,

Noob question ; I got a set of pedders springs which i wish to install, but i got a set of coils on my rear EG, front arent coils, just some random shocks with eibachs springs.. atm my car is on a slant, the rear is lower than the front and i got no key thing for adjusting the coil..

anyways, i was wondering if a standard EG shock would fit on my eg with a dc2r lca's.. or do i need to change the lca's to the EG one??
OR maybe, is it even possible for me to use DC2 shocks and the pedders springs as a combo?

cheers,

Franss

kcokla
21-01-2010, 09:15 PM
eg shocks + dc2r lca = yes should fit i beleive
dc2r shock + pedders springs = yes

vtecster
21-01-2010, 09:32 PM
lol frans just get front coils then get a key to adjust or just go to mechanics and they will adjust for u.. hehe

MWAKU
21-01-2010, 09:36 PM
arnt the dc2r lcas diff and dont fit the eg shocks? :S

its even hard fit dc2vtir shocks into the dc2r lcas or the stock eg lcas, even tho ppl say they are the same buts its hard :S

neway yeh, u can use try using a diff key, i got a key if u wana try mine

im.Kusuma
21-01-2010, 09:41 PM
lol frans just get front coils then get a key to adjust or just go to mechanics and they will adjust for u.. hehe
no money man.. my EG is only a budget car for me to go from a to b .. lol

arnt the dc2r lcas diff and dont fit the eg shocks? :S

its even hard fit dc2vtir shocks into the dc2r lcas or the stock eg lcas, even tho ppl say they are the same buts its hard :S

neway yeh, u can use try using a diff key, i got a key if u wana try mine

I dont know either lol, the coils and the lca's came with the car when i bought it.. I was told the handling preferences was meant to be used only on tracks and bla bla bla but yeah.. street wise, its shit and i wanna change it lol.

I'll see how it goes.. But i really wanna fill in the front gaps atm..

thanks for positive replies :thumbsup:

kcokla
21-01-2010, 09:51 PM
sorry
michael is right,

dc2r lca's will NOT work with eg shock, because the eg shock thing at the bottom is differnt!
how stupiod of me

im.Kusuma
21-01-2010, 10:09 PM
sorry
michael is right,

dc2r lca's will NOT work with eg shock, because the eg shock thing at the bottom is differnt!
how stupiod of me
lol i knew that.. thats why i asked.. would i need standard EG Lca's..
i Might as well go for dc2 shocks and see how it goes, if not, worse comes to worse, i'll get standard eg shocks and standard EG rear lca's.. :(

thanks though

Red_EG4
22-01-2010, 11:47 AM
You'll need DC2R shocks, not just DC2.
At all four corners you have "coilover suspension" it's just that in the rear you must have "adjustable coilover suspension".
You can use the DC2 Shock with the pedders springs but if you want them to fit in the rear without getting new LCAs you need DC2R Shocks.
Don't have a key to adjust the rear suspension? do you mean a c spanner? Just slot a tough block of wood into one of the notches and belt it loose.

To be honest it sounds like you aren't confident with your suspension so probably best to take to a professional.

You were told that having your rear lower than your front was good for the track?

im.Kusuma
22-01-2010, 12:58 PM
You'll need DC2R shocks, not just DC2.
At all four corners you have "coilover suspension" it's just that in the rear you must have "adjustable coilover suspension".
You can use the DC2 Shock with the pedders springs but if you want them to fit in the rear without getting new LCAs you need DC2R Shocks.
Don't have a key to adjust the rear suspension? do you mean a c spanner? Just slot a tough block of wood into one of the notches and belt it loose.

To be honest it sounds like you aren't confident with your suspension so probably best to take to a professional.

You were told that having your rear lower than your front was good for the track?
hey man, cheers.
Yeah im really not confident in any suspension kind lol..
all i want is just to look good and drive with comfort.
LOL~ i was told the coils were very stiff coz of track purposes, but i honestly dont know how to adjust the height.. I wanted to adjust the rear but i got no "c spanner" and the ride is just as hard as dead shocks and its not comfortable especially when you going on a date with ur gf on a bumpy car... lol

But yeah, im pretty much aware of the dc2r shocks to be installed if im using dc2r lca's..

thanks +1

Red_EG4
22-01-2010, 01:36 PM
hey man, cheers.
Yeah im really not confident in any suspension kind lol..
all i want is just to look good and drive with comfort.
LOL~ i was told the coils were very stiff coz of track purposes, but i honestly dont know how to adjust the height.. I wanted to adjust the rear but i got no "c spanner" and the ride is just as hard as dead shocks and its not comfortable especially when you going on a date with ur gf on a bumpy car... lol

But yeah, im pretty much aware of the dc2r shocks to be installed if im using dc2r lca's..

thanks +1

Haha I know what you mean about the stiff suspension.
Go to a wreckers and pick up some EG LCA and wack in some EG/DC suspension.

MWAKU
22-01-2010, 02:05 PM
LOL htfu frans, no girl has complained about my bumpy ride ;) its just a cover up they don't wanna go with u LOL

im.Kusuma
22-01-2010, 02:46 PM
LOL htfu frans, no girl has complained about my bumpy ride ;) its just a cover up they don't wanna go with u LOL
rofls dont be a douce lol. It was an excuse haha.

Haha I know what you mean about the stiff suspension.
Go to a wreckers and pick up some EG LCA and wack in some EG/DC suspension.

haha yeah, i wont get any EG lca's until i receive some knews from a member here who is selling his EG shocks for $50.. Until then, im not doing anything just yet

thanks alot :thumbsup:

kcokla
22-01-2010, 04:27 PM
eg shocks for $50?
wait it out - i used to see them for $20

na-118
22-01-2010, 04:30 PM
i fit dc2r lca on stock eg shock

im.Kusuma
22-01-2010, 04:32 PM
how was the fitment sammy? thought it was different mount eg and dc shocks?