PDA

View Full Version : dc5r worth it?

YBJLS4
22-01-2010, 09:55 PM
the situation is theres a cw dc5r on the market and theres a possibility he'll go for 16k with 100ks(major service done) and one year rego stock cept for sound system so obviously theres a catch. thing is its been bought from auctions hence being on revs as stolen recovered("seats stolen and replaced by brand new ones bought from oh) and theres no log book but its been seviced by his brother whos got a pretty well known shop and is also the dealer selling it. reckon its worth it for the pain its gonna be to push off? if i am keeping it for 1-2yrs +?

noobcake
22-01-2010, 10:02 PM
mate you rather check it on revs rather then risking it for 1-2 years
https://online.revs.nsw.gov.au/revs/public.htm
possibly its financed too so yeah. Good luck

Nepolian
23-01-2010, 12:45 AM
mate you rather check it on revs rather then risking it for 1-2 years
https://online.revs.nsw.gov.au/revs/public.htm
possibly its financed too so yeah. Good luck

Been done!

the situation is theres a cw dc5r on the market and theres a possibility he'll go for 16k with 100ks(major service done) and one year rego stock cept for sound system so obviously theres a catch. thing is its been bought from auctions hence being on revs as stolen recovered("seats stolen and replaced by brand new ones bought from oh) and theres no log book but its been seviced by his brother whos got a pretty well known shop and is also the dealer selling it. reckon its worth it for the pain its gonna be to push off? if i am keeping it for 1-2yrs +?

You need to calculate you budget and the depriciation. Do you wanna spend 2-4k more and get one thats not on revs but in 2-3 years time try and sell for 15-16K or save 2-4K now and sell this for 11-13K.....?

I think my guesstimate is agreeable!

WATAJK
23-01-2010, 12:54 AM
probably a repairable write off...

grifty
23-01-2010, 01:01 AM
Purcahse a vehicle history check from the RTA (only if ur in nsw), it should be able to tell you why it was written off

WATAJK
23-01-2010, 01:05 AM
Then again nothing wrong with a repairable write off if its been fixed right just means its resale will never be as good mate

GSi_PSi
23-01-2010, 01:30 AM
does anyone read the posts? he said its a repairable writeoff (stolen/recovered) and was written off because of the recaro seats.

nickasse
23-01-2010, 01:32 AM
depends man. 16k isn't really that low, i reckon you could pick up a pretty much perfect dc5 for 20...
just don't go for the white authentic jdm dc5r...it used to be a black audm base model...go figure.

MWAKU
23-01-2010, 02:29 AM
how much xtra is full comp to insure a car on revs?

just wait it out dude until something better comes along

najdi
26-01-2010, 11:04 AM
theres no diference in my opinion...just because they stole recaro seats big deal..put new 1s in it the price wil just be 1.2k cheaper then a clear titled one..but no1 wil go past a car with 100kms with stolen seats then a dc5r with 200kms with clear title...i dno its upto the person in the end man

m0nty ITR
26-01-2010, 11:31 AM
does anyone read the posts? he said its a repairable writeoff (stolen/recovered) and was written off because of the recaro seats.

It's worth checking that out though with the RTA. So many people have used that excuse in the past. Not as many were written off as you'd think. Some were crashed and the seats stolen too. Always explore all the info to the fullest.

yellows2k
26-01-2010, 11:58 AM
A mate has a white adm dc5r with 120k genuine mms from new. He is willing to move it for 18k. It's Mickey mouse no issues totally stock. I thought about it but decided I don't like the look

kraiye
26-01-2010, 12:04 PM
he probably kept the seats after crashing it and just said they were stolen