PDA

View Full Version : aurion sportivo vs dc2/5r

p3akin
23-01-2010, 11:39 AM
purely performance.. no look aspect.. both stock
which would be the best with power to rate ratio?. handling aspect?.. and lets say jeremy clarksons driving both cars so theres no " depends on the driver" lol

cheers

INVSBL
23-01-2010, 11:57 AM
ill be honest here and say this is the worst comparison iv seen on ozhonda.

the dc2 and dc5 R are probs the most debated cars on ozhonda.
and u want to chuck in an overweight, over powered fwd v6?

the dc2/5R would walk all over the toybota all day long, every day of the week in everything bar passanger comfort and abilty to be a grand tourer with 4 people.

The Hondas are better in every other way.....

even if the stig was driving the aurion and a grandmother was in the dc2/5R the teg wouldbe better.

Zilli
23-01-2010, 11:57 AM
if Jeremy Clarkson was driving both cars he would saying your an idiot for putting them in the same league... thats to put it nicely mate...

and im not some raving Honda fanatic, i appreciate all cars and equipment... the aurion weighs almost 1.5 times the others, has a charged v6 with 4 doors...

what do you mean by performance? straight line? corners? parallel parking?

sorry to be a bit blunt, but if you dont see it someones gotta tell you

TypeS
23-01-2010, 12:32 PM
This is not the worst comparison.

The TRD especially, is a very quick car. Roll up in a dc2/5r next to them, at a set of lights, and I'm sorry, but they will hand it to you.

Making over 240kw, and with a standard quarter time of 14.2, they will overpower many cars out there.

As for drive-ability and handling, that's a whole different story, not to mention the price-tag.

INVSBL
23-01-2010, 12:42 PM
pretty sure the sportivo is the na 6 banger so i think 200kw, which is still way to much for the front wheels of a car this heavy

and even if its the 200 or 240kw version, real drivers go around corners. id love to see the aurion sit behind the teg for say 30 laps of a twisty track, how long will its breaks and tires last b4 they call quits.....

again, u cant compare a large family car, specifically as one as backwards as a fwd v6. to a 'race' orientated high reving 4cyl 2door car.

wats next compare a golf gti to an vw r50?

Premature Vtec
23-01-2010, 12:46 PM
i dno bout normal aurion but TRD FTW just 2 much power

duzy
23-01-2010, 12:47 PM
Whats with all these threads coming up lately comparing cars. zzz

Well to stay on topic aurion will munch the tegs power wise. power to weight i say teg has it. Aurion is a huge brick and heavy as therefore making the tegs a better package all round in power and handling.

INVSBL
23-01-2010, 12:48 PM
i dno bout normal aurion but TRD FTW just 2 much power for fwd

would get stomped in 'its' leage if it was a rwd sallon.

10KRPM
23-01-2010, 01:06 PM
The aurion in the real world...the tegs in the race tracks.

INVSBL
23-01-2010, 01:08 PM
Whats with all these threads coming up lately comparing cars. zzz

school holidays, brings out the bored and the dreamers.

TheSaint
23-01-2010, 01:28 PM
only desent comparison i have seen between honda and toyota is the facelift sportivo corolla and the EK VTIR

those sportivo rollas scream like banshees but they have a leather interior which is a bit of a downfall

you literally cant compare an aurion to an integra no matter which model - lazy v6 tourer vs a fizzy light sports car =/

SiReal
23-01-2010, 01:31 PM
a stock aurion vs my dc2r are the same in straight line comparison. been there.

Sportivo just adds a bodykit. The TRD is where its at and that would rape any s2k, dc5r or dc2r. some of you honda fanboys put the R's on a pedestal, which to be honest, does not deserve. Little do u know that most 6's out there will kill our little 1.8 noisy rice bangers without effort.

We will kill 4cyls and thats about it.

mr dc2r is slow as shit , and there is lack of power between idle and 6200rpm, until vtec kicks in, even then its not great. yes it will kill on corners, but how often do u get bog stock aurions fanging it around corners. NEVER. Tahts why straight line performance is the measure.

stop dreaming dc2r/dc5r drivers. I want more power but the only reason i'm keeping this overhyped coupe is its reliability, relatively good fuel comsumption, and because i'm buying a property so dont want extra cash outlay for another car.

(coming from a dc2r driver myself)

INVSBL
23-01-2010, 02:02 PM
i dont think he was comparing the car for every day driveabilty, which the tourqy six would be god for.

TheSaint
23-01-2010, 02:38 PM
my VTIR killed every v6 commodore it came up against - even the factory supercharged ones - but they are probably alot heavier than the sportivos

i really do like the facelift sportivo corolla they are a sweet little car

Zilli
23-01-2010, 02:55 PM
[QUOTE=INVSBL;2627100]i dont think he was comparing the car for every day driveabilty, which the tourqy six would be god for.[/QUOTE

Agreed... but OP hasnt posted back defining to us exactly what he means by "performance"

xntrik
23-01-2010, 03:49 PM
lololololol

p3akin
23-01-2010, 06:24 PM
i havent posted nack cause i was at a party... im, just asking cause my mate just bought a aurion sportivo and he rkn he will out run me ( dc2r) because of the 200kw... im just proving him wrong... is itwrong to just ask a question.. thought it was a friendly forum.. fair enough.. i wouldnt ask questions then.. ive only made it broad because i assume dc5r and dc2r are the same performace wise

thanks for those who helpd

TypeS
23-01-2010, 07:00 PM
Well then it's simple, it'll be close, but you will win.

However be prepared to be disappointed, the amount of fuel, you'll waste on engaging vtec, will be hardly worth it in the end.

aaronng
23-01-2010, 07:16 PM
Not worth it as well with cops on full prowl after the last few high speed accidents which resulted in deaths. We don't need any obituaries for our members.

TheSaint
23-01-2010, 07:25 PM
i havent posted nack cause i was at a party... im, just asking cause my mate just bought a aurion sportivo and he rkn he will out run me ( dc2r) because of the 200kw... im just proving him wrong... is itwrong to just ask a question.. thought it was a friendly forum.. fair enough.. i wouldnt ask questions then.. ive only made it broad because i assume dc5r and dc2r are the same performace wise

thanks for those who helpd

yeah i have just come back to the forum after a long break and the sentiment is alot more negative than it used to be

also - i would goto the track and settle the dispute properly

p3akin
23-01-2010, 09:29 PM
thanks for the more civilised answer boys.. thats all i wantd to know...
TheSaint : tell me about it

cheers

NightKids
23-01-2010, 09:52 PM
p3akin sounds like a really nice guy which just happened to open up a really bad comparision thread.

Take it to the mountains and you'll leave him for good.

Zilli
23-01-2010, 10:51 PM
don't take it to the mountains, take it to the track... straight line if it was Jeremy Clarkson driving it would be a close race... and you might get beaten...

go and do it, then come back and tell us what happened... also, if you are going to ask questions on a forum, particularly one you have made 7 posts on, be prepared to take the time to understand what the forum is about before you judge it...

we are all here to learn and help...

until then, thread closed