PDA

View Full Version : sohc d16 vtec rod knock?!

cheapdouchebag
24-01-2010, 05:12 PM
hello guys. was servicing my car today, halfway there was more focused on washing and waxing my baby today.
Before and also after my servicing the car, i decided to pump some music out letting the alternator recharge the battery. But i noticed that the car was a bit more shakey than if i was driving it. god damn, and then i put my ear to the bonet and heard a little bit of rod knocking. is this common with these engines after all these years? or should i be very concerned?

fusionprelude
24-01-2010, 07:09 PM
rod knockin did u put the correct level of oil in it ??? did u leave somthing unplugged?? i hav a d16y1 in my car and i have never heard a knock even under the punishment i give it.. just check all the work u did to you car

cheapdouchebag
24-01-2010, 09:38 PM
ive done nothing to it lols its stock to its ****

fusionprelude
25-01-2010, 05:38 PM
hmmm with out hearing it i wouldnt be able to diagnose it

vinnY
25-01-2010, 07:16 PM
hows the oil level after the service? no oil leaking from the usual places?

pat88c
25-01-2010, 07:50 PM
best advice is see you well trusted mechinic if you cant work out what the nosie is

you will be wasting your time asking question on here

that my 2cents of advice

cheapdouchebag
26-01-2010, 12:09 AM
hows the oil level after the service? no oil leaking from the usual places?

checked the oil this morning, appeared fine.
my best bet is either the compressor issent working correctly or one cylinder is not moving correctly i havent changed the spark plugs.

pat88c, i agree with you but i dont have the time or even feel like opening up this engine as im gunna scrap it soon.
i just need somethin for a few eeks that at best may let me drive uphill to the snow (its summer i know i wont go up, im just using that example of what im expecting of the car's capability after a bit of a spiff up)