PDA

View Full Version : cd5 climate swap

typesaccord
24-01-2010, 10:20 PM
hi guys , i have a 94 accord cd5 , its the exi model with the basic heater/a/c controls , i would like to upgrade the dash to the vti-s spec climate control setup. can any body give me some info on this swap , an idea of the complexity and or cost to get it done. i realize that i will need the dash panel with the controls and there would be other hvac part needed . is there anyone out there that has done this before ?? i have seen cars for sale with this swap , so i guess its possible . thanks hope you all had a great Christmas and new years :thumbsup::honda:

FAT VTI
28-01-2010, 05:09 PM
yes it is possible.

Sourcing 1 of these units is pretty difficult. this is probably 1 of your main hurdles.

typesaccord
28-01-2010, 09:21 PM
thanks for the comment , finding the unit locally could be hard , how ever i come from the JDM scrap heap (New Zealand) so i could find one back home easy as. even SIR models are very common . but because of the shipping cost would have to make sure i get every thing i need for the swap. i was amazed how hard it has been to get parts from Honda wreckers over hear:wave::honda::confused:

zillacles
29-01-2010, 03:58 AM
It should be easy enough to source here, there's always some VTI-S at my wrecker in Perth. I think you have to take out your whole dash to be able to install all the DCC parts. Maybe like this: http://www.jrcormier.com/index.php/prelude/jdmclimatecontrol

typesaccord
29-01-2010, 02:50 PM
hey zillacles thanks for the post and the link was great too !looks like a bit more needed than i first thought, but still very doable . i would think the swap would be very similar to the lude , thanks again ! :thumbsup::idea::honda::car: