PDA

View Full Version : Car won't start

phaz
25-01-2010, 01:36 AM
Hey guys, long story short, gave the car a hit and went over a bad bump. After that there was a wierd smell, not clutch. Car also sounded like a rexy lol pulled over to see what's going on, a lead had come out (explaining the rexy sound) we turned the car on a few times before putting it back in. Now it dosent start at all, car turns over, just won't start.. Think it might be the dizzy or the fuel pump.. Any ideas?

duckey
25-01-2010, 01:39 AM
sounds like a rexy then its prob the dizzy

Nepolian
25-01-2010, 02:17 AM
Sounds like coil/igniter problem!

Chriskoss
25-01-2010, 05:50 PM
Hey guys, long story short, gave the car a hit and went over a bad bump. After that there was a wierd smell, not clutch. Car also sounded like a rexy lol pulled over to see what's going on, a lead had come out (explaining the rexy sound) we turned the car on a few times before putting it back in. Now it dosent start at all, car turns over, just won't start.. Think it might be the dizzy or the fuel pump.. Any ideas?

Exactly what happened to me

Since your car's spark was not properly earthed due to a lead coming out, it would have burned your ignition coil, located inside your distributor, as spark would of been to powerful as it wasnt being earthed, and it blew your coil.
New one is like 80 from repco, open the dissy cap, undo bolts and + and - wires, put it in new one, attach the wires, put cap back on and presto

bennjamin
25-01-2010, 06:41 PM
it is dizzy......but the problem is this.

when you hit the bump , a spark lead fell off/loosened up. This fried your ICM and or COIL.

replace both , and then you have a working car again.

phaz
25-01-2010, 07:41 PM
Thanks 4 help guys, just towed to a mates place his a mechanic.. Cams spin when turns over, checked for spark but got nothing, so it sounds like u guys are right, I'm just gna change the dizzy, how much would a 2nd hand one go 4? I'll let yu guys know how it goes.

grifty
25-01-2010, 08:02 PM
You can get a new one from the states for the same price as a 2nd hand one here.

phaz
28-01-2010, 08:15 PM
ended up being the dizzy, replaced for $160.. thanks for the help