PDA

View Full Version : cl9 door check straps worn?? 0.o"

biee2
25-01-2010, 11:36 PM
so my rear doors are squeeky atm and when i say squeeky i mean squeaky....took it to honda and they regreased it but its lik the same as usual, still squeeky. honda people claim that my "check straps are worn?" which i dont think can be possible as my rear doors are hardly ever used and my car has onli just over 40.000km on the clock. has any one had the same problems with there doors and found a way to fix it? i have tried wd40 and also silicon lube but seems water works the best as when it rains or i wash the car its quite for a few days till water dries out. the price to fix the straps that i was quoted is 200 for both rear doors 0.o

Simonnn
26-01-2010, 09:29 PM
I think i have this problem (in the rear doors as well), although I probably wouldn't consider it a squeaky sound, maybe more of a creaking duck-like sound LOL. Haven't tried to fix it though as i barely use the rear doors

biee2
26-01-2010, 09:59 PM
I think i have this problem (in the rear doors as well), although I probably wouldn't consider it a squeaky sound, maybe more of a creaking duck-like sound LOL. Haven't tried to fix it though as i barely use the rear doors

lol now that you mentioned it...it does sound lik a duck haha but yeah honda claims that its worm and my car only has 40k on the clock also i kno that i rarely ever even use the rear doors or have passenger in the rear, dont kno how they could of worn so fast cos front ones seem to be doin fine.

honda wants 100 for each door but im going to see if they will fix it under wanrranty

oongie
27-01-2010, 02:39 PM
tried using some grease on the rears?
tried silicone spray... NO GOOD.

Lochstar_69
27-01-2010, 06:40 PM
i have the same problem...... dont really care if my car quacks when everyone gets out.

biee2
27-01-2010, 07:54 PM
tried using some grease on the rears?
tried silicone spray... NO GOOD.

grease doesnt work....honda actualli regreased it for me and wanted to charge me 200 for both rear doors.
i didnt say anything and went home and emailed the service manager and he has offered to replace them for free and also a courtesy car!! hehehe :p

tony1234
28-01-2010, 06:12 AM
grease doesnt work....honda actualli regreased it for me and wanted to charge me 200 for both rear doors.
i didnt say anything and went home and emailed the service manager and he has offered to replace them for free and also a courtesy car!! hehehe :p
Definitely should be a warranty job.Mines an 06 with 62K and i don't have the problem you have.

aaronng
28-01-2010, 07:08 AM
The squeak sound is NOT from the check straps. I had that, but I have been greasing my check straps from new! Pin pointed the sound to the actual bracket that connects the check strap to the chassis! The bracket flexes against the chassis as you open and close the door because the check strap pulls/pushes on it, making that sound.

The fix? No idea but the only way I have been able to stop the sound is to loosen the bolts holding that bracket, which is NOT what you want to have when driving around. I just ended up living with it. :(

There is one possible solution, and that is to use thin double sided foam tape in between the bracket and the chassis so that when it flexes, it rubs against the tape and not against the chassis.

biee2
28-01-2010, 06:53 PM
honda claims its check straps so for the time being i will just let them do as they please as long as it fixed the problem.....

another issue has arised:confused:
according to the service manager he has agreed to fix this problem for me under warranty (according to his emails). in his emails, he has also claimed he booked my car in for monday 1st february and even a loan car which was madd.

but today some one rang me and told me that the check straps aint covered and they wont replace them for me?? :eek:

then when i went home and check my emails....all arrangements for the car to be droped of has been made coz the service manager emailed me....wttffff

this is so confusing but i emailed the service manager to make sure everything was okay and good to go.....just want my check straps or where ever that duck noise is comming from fixed.

rodericb
01-02-2010, 09:58 PM
Mine screech like banshees. A friend said it's because the wrong type of grease was applied. I'll try the bracket mod.

biee2
02-02-2010, 08:59 PM
okay...update
honda has replaced my check straps free of charge and i had a look at the new check straps....and believe it or not, there different to the old ones:confused: they actualli more thin and looks better and also i dont see any grease on it. the new design feels lik theres less friction between the straps when you open the doors. i will post some pictures up later

xxb4xx
03-02-2010, 11:33 AM
I thought it was just me, my rear doors creak hardcore!!

Where are these straps?? and grease doesn't help.. tried it, did nothing

Simonnn
03-02-2010, 06:05 PM
Hmm they problably wouldnt replace the straps free of charge for an 04 euro right? :(

biee2
03-02-2010, 10:28 PM
I thought it was just me, my rear doors creak hardcore!!

Where are these straps?? and grease doesn't help.. tried it, did nothing

the straps are the black plastic stick lik thing that is inbetween the 2 door hinges.

biee2
03-02-2010, 10:34 PM
Hmm they problably wouldnt replace the straps free of charge for an 04 euro right? :(

i think this is something that is common on the euros and yeah they have re-design the chech straps. coz they dont look the same as the old ones.

i had to do so much negotiation to get mine replaced under warranty coz honda kept on saying that its something that wears over time so they cant replace it for freee. even when all arrangements was made for the dam straps to be replaaced for free, when i bought the car in the guy looks at the peace of paper and ask me if i want to replace 1 or both rear doors and said he will get the price on them for me....im lik wthhh. this happened lik twice b4 they actualli got it right. :eek:

biee2
10-02-2010, 11:57 PM
old check strapsss

http://i952.photobucket.com/albums/ae7/biee2/SNC00009.jpg

new check straps

http://i952.photobucket.com/albums/ae7/biee2/SNC00010.jpg

just thought i show you guys what the new and old ones look lik.....new ones make the door feel alot smoother and sounds much better....haha and looks lik no greased is used aswell

Simonnn
11-02-2010, 09:09 AM
thanks for the pics! :) the new straps definitely look slimmer than the old ones

tony1234
11-02-2010, 07:32 PM
Hmmm,interesting.My door check straps look like the new ones you've got and mine's an 06 too.I haven't had them replced either:confused:

aaronng
02-07-2010, 03:22 PM
old check strapsss

[IMG]http://i952.photobucket.com/albums/ae7/biee2/SNC00009.jpg[IMG]

new check straps

[IMG]http://i952.photobucket.com/albums/ae7/biee2/SNC00010.jpg[IMG]

just thought i show you guys what the new and old ones look lik.....new ones make the door feel alot smoother and sounds much better....haha and looks lik no greased is used aswell
Looks more like the first pic is of the front door and the second pic is of the rear door!

biee2
28-02-2011, 06:32 PM
Looks more like the first pic is of the front door and the second pic is of the rear door!

yeah they are...1st picture is front doors and 2nd one is rear doors but b4 i replaced them, the straps were the same front and rear.

tron07
01-03-2011, 09:39 AM
perhaps the FL version comes with the new check straps