PDA

View Full Version : integra gsi

slimx
26-01-2010, 12:50 AM
Hey guys recently ive been noticing something odd about my car, after ive started it its all fine..u know but at some point in time while im driving when i come to a stop or like u know stop pressing gas.. but usualy only when vehicles not moving and out of gear.. my car makes a small door knock like noise then (i could say.. it sounds like the air con is turning on :S although my condensor is broken now so it doenst work anymore, revs a little higher (from 900rpm to about 1800), then back to normal..

After it does it nothing happens.. it never does it while running cold.

Should i be worried?

1.8L GSi Honda Integra Motor

xntrik
26-01-2010, 06:03 AM
Afaik its your fans turning on to cool the engine down.
Its normal.

slimx
26-01-2010, 01:01 PM
Never use to do it though?? Its like a quite loud knock.. sometimes its loud sometimes its small..

But ill just flush the water n coolant put new stuff in there.. just to be sure, thanks :)

Tegzieboi_BAR
27-01-2010, 07:51 PM
Afaik its your fans turning on to cool the engine down.
Its normal.

Hmmm... why would it rev so high tho?

This sounds interesting im keen 2 c what the prob is. Generally the wild revving is caused by a dirty/faulty IACV (intake air control valve) in the intake manifold/throttle body but i cant explain the knocking. This may have somethin 2 do with it although that doesnt really seem like the main issue.

xntrik
28-01-2010, 04:46 PM
Post a video of the noise might help.

slimx
28-01-2010, 04:49 PM
I SWEARR on my life, today by the time i got my phone out it stopped making noise.

What it does i lloooked EXACTLY Today.. (happens atleast once or twice a day)
It revs funny, the accelerator shakes, i can feel the car as if its about to stall (on about 800rpm) then it revs lower and lower to.. 600? then shoots that knock sound and Bang starts revving high for about .. 6-7 seconds..

Today i tried going to the bonnet, by the time i got there the car was fine.. back to normal.. and the 2nd time today, i tried getting my phone out by the time i got it out it was just reving at 1000 .. little over average.. but the motor was cold so yeh..

I had a friend in the car said it could be a vaccum leak, can anyone.. tell me some info about vaccum leaks?

xntrik
28-01-2010, 04:54 PM
Could be IAVC thats dirty as stated above.

slimx
28-01-2010, 04:59 PM
IAVC ?

i looked it up didnt find anything? whats that

imratedpg
28-01-2010, 05:01 PM
you coudnt find anything cause its IACV not IAVC lol geez xntrick :P
here u go mate a DIY for it and wat it is

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4693

slimx
28-01-2010, 05:45 PM
thanks champ, ill give it a try when i can its to late now .. and i got no carb cleaner

slimx
30-01-2010, 03:06 PM
Ok ive cleaned it, so far drove around all day today and yesterdasy ( cleaned it yesterday)
and it seems perfectly fine :)

thanks

imratedpg
30-01-2010, 03:24 PM
good to hear :thumbsup: