PDA

View Full Version : head gasket leaking :(

InVtecWeTrust
26-01-2010, 02:27 PM
Hey,
(i've got a 95 integra vti-r 128,000ks)
I noticed some oil leaking from the head gasket am I in trouble.
Car still runs good just wondering what to do.

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/5871/1000272u.th.jpg (http://img109.imageshack.us/i/1000272u.jpg/)

Should i not worry untill it's completely fu#ked. and could this possibly do more damage to other parts?

How much would it roughy cost to get the head gasket replaced?
How much dose it cost to get the whole engine rebuilt?

Any advice would be appricated

GSi_PSi
26-01-2010, 02:44 PM
The part is notorious on Bseries to leak, your motor should be fine. Although it should seal properly after a certain kms, has your engine had a new head gasket?

imratedpg
26-01-2010, 03:15 PM
the leak could be from ur vtec solonoid gasket or the cam shaft bung

duzy
26-01-2010, 03:41 PM
use degreaser to clean up the area around the block and gearbox. After, take it for a drive and see where the leak it coming from (mite take a couple of days before it starts to leak)

Cant be head gasket, either camshaft seals or vtec solonoid

InVtecWeTrust
26-01-2010, 04:30 PM
The part is notorious on Bseries to leak, your motor should be fine. Although it should seal properly after a certain kms, has your engine had a new head gasket?

ok fewww i was shitting. no I think it's the gasket from new. could be wrong maybe previous owner did

Ill check them out

use degreaser to clean up the area around the block and gearbox. After, take it for a drive and see where the leak it coming from (mite take a couple of days before it starts to leak)

Cant be head gasket, either camshaft seals or vtec solonoid

I'm going to give it a degrease now

slimx
26-01-2010, 04:51 PM
Its the most common leak in tegs man nothing to worry about, get a quote on how much a re-seal will cost if its to high dw abot it u should be fine. doesnt look like a big leak.. from what i can see in the pic

lookingforboost
26-01-2010, 06:05 PM

^^^^ thats it new bung and oil leak will be gone!!! :)

imratedpg
26-01-2010, 06:15 PM
mine still leaks from the bung even tho i put alot a sealant on it lol

Chriskoss
28-01-2010, 10:57 AM
Yeh I got my car fully checked out for leaks, used new gaskets, sealant and that white stuff that expands and blocks leaks, didnt leak for about 3 months then started to leak in that spot shown by the OP in the pic, its just old B series characteristics, cant do anything about it, shouldnt cause any probs unless your oil runs low after 1 week or so

vtecster
28-01-2010, 11:00 AM
have u checked if its your distributer o ring or seal because i had an oil leak and after changing gasket etc it turned out to be my distributer seal and o ring.. about 30 buks for both from honda n its all fine now.. hope this helps