PDA

View Full Version : [CU2] Pick up my MY10 tomorrow

Euro_Matt
27-01-2010, 06:53 AM
Hi All,
This is my first post on the Honda forum, I've read many useful posts about the Accord Euros on this forum, great job guys. After much research on what new car to buy for the price range....I feel the Euros win hands down.
I get my manual accord euro tomorrow, can't wait. I will keep you all posted on my thoughts and hopefully write up somekind of little review.

Cheers,

-Matt

N3M3SIS
27-01-2010, 10:25 AM
Hey mate,

sounds good, let us know how it goes?

grifty
27-01-2010, 10:30 AM
Cant wait to see some pics

care to share some of that money this way :p

HunterZero
27-01-2010, 10:31 AM
Congrats! Make sure you go over the entire car and check the paintwork in the sunlight before you sign on the line for it.

Good choice getting the manual!

- HZ

chunsa
27-01-2010, 11:04 AM
As HunterZero mentioned, go over your car thoroughly.

Check that all accessories are fitted properly. Check for any scratches around the whole car and get them to fix it if you see any (had a small scratch when I picked up my car that needed buffing to fix!)

Check that you actually have a full tank of petrol before driving away if you have that as an option. (Sometimes they forget!)

Make sure it is the MY10 model (rear parcel shelf is black instead of beige!).

And lastly driveaway with a smile :P

Euro_Matt
27-01-2010, 11:16 AM
Thanks for all the tips guys. Will definetly be going over the car very closely and I'll post up some pics as soon as I can.

tony1234
27-01-2010, 04:35 PM
Thanks for all the tips guys. Will definetly be going over the car very closely and I'll post up some pics as soon as I can.
Welcome.:wave:.As above check the car thoroughly before you sign for it.Did you get std.model or lux?

Euro_Matt
28-01-2010, 10:21 AM
Welcome.:wave:.As above check the car thoroughly before you sign for it.Did you get std.model or lux?

Thanks. I went for the Std model but with some Modulo options :D

Euro_Matt
29-01-2010, 10:44 AM
Well after much anticipation and lots of research (reading reviews, forums, etc) I finally took delivery of my Black MY10 Accord Euro Std 6MT yesterday. And it really lived up to my expectations!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I did the recommended check of all the panels, paintwork and interior. Only noticed a few minor things on the front and rear bumpers, which were noted on the delivery reciept. But no scratches or dents or anything major.

Driving it from the dealership was great. The engine just sang, without a hint of any pinging whatsoever. Definetly will need to loosen up a little, but for a brand new engine it felt very responsive and smooth. Suspension and road feel through the steering where well intuned with each other. Maybe a tiny bit light through the steering but nothing like what I've read in some reviews. There is definetly a good feel through the steering.

After about 20km of nice and easy driving, switching around the RPM's I pushed it to around 5K rpm consistently. The brakes felt good, but needed more km's before bedding in completely.

Overall the experience was great and so far I'm very happy with my Euro :cool:

I will post up some pics soon

-Matt

HunterZero
29-01-2010, 10:54 AM
Great! Congrats on the car!

Welcome to the neverending nightmare that is keeping black paint looking good...

You are so lucky to be in Melbourne, you have probably the finest car detailer in the country on hand: Damian.

http://www.finalinspection.com.au/

- HZ

89superstage
29-01-2010, 11:02 AM
Congratulations!!
Its nice to see you've had a positive first-time.
Thats a fine, driving machine you've bought, have fun.
Des :D

tony1234
29-01-2010, 05:17 PM
Great! Congrats on the car!

Welcome to the neverending nightmare that is keeping black paint looking good...

You are so lucky to be in Melbourne, you have probably the finest car detailer in the country on hand: Damian.

http://www.finalinspection.com.au/

- HZ
Agreed.Black is a pain to keep clean.This will be my 1st.and last black car.

MKI4EVA
30-01-2010, 04:57 PM
keen to get your impressions of the brakes.

I've clocked 1600km on my lux manual and the initial bite still isn't there yet. I think it may have something to do with the hand brake

Congrats........a std i'd imagine would be abit quicker than the lux so should be heaps of fun.

denot
31-01-2010, 11:14 AM
Agreed.Black is a pain to keep clean.This will be my 1st.and last black car.

same here :(

Euro_Matt
31-01-2010, 09:03 PM
keen to get your impressions of the brakes.

I've clocked 1600km on my lux manual and the initial bite still isn't there yet. I think it may have something to do with the hand brake

Congrats........a std i'd imagine would be abit quicker than the lux so should be heaps of fun.

Thanks MKI4EVA

Being still under the 300km mark I haven't really done much hard braking. But I do feel that the brakes are quite sensitive and there is definitely an initial bite when you just touch the brakes slightly.

With regards to the handbrake do you find yours engages when it is pulled all the way up? So pretty much on the last click?