PDA

View Full Version : H&R Spacers for DC5

r3ckless
27-01-2010, 11:28 AM
Hey guys, looking to get some huc centric bolt on spacers for my car. my current wheels are +45 offset, im running a 215 wide tyre. Im looking to get 25mm hub centric spacers front n rear, so it'll bring my offset down to +20 :D

Also my car is on coilovers, and i very much like the height. Its basically 1.5 figner gap from the tyyre to the guard, and my guards ahvnt been touched at all. here is a picture for reference:

http://i893.photobucket.com/albums/ac138/chuck_bung/3.jpg

My questions in regards to these H&R Spacers are:

1) If i were to put 25mm spacers front and rear, will my tyres rub with the guards at all? And if they do with 25mm, what is a good size sapcer then?

2) Will i need any guardwork done with these sized spacers?

3) Putting these hub centric spacers on, will it wear out my hubs or any other related parts fasteR?

Cheers

vinnY
27-01-2010, 09:23 PM
get a ruler, put it up against your tyre and measure 25mm
should be pretty close to what you'll see in terms of wheel arch/tyre gap

guard work depends on whether it's gonna stick out far enough to scrub or not

it probably will but i wouldn't think excessively as long as they're hub centric

i'm running 15mm and 10mm h&r spacers right now, no complaints about them

chargeR
27-01-2010, 10:18 PM
You will almost certainly need to roll the rear guards. Front will depend on camber, it should be okay.

They might wear your wheel bearings faster but I doubt you will even notice the difference. I have replaced both my front wheel bearings on my DC5 but I think this was just normal wear and tear and not associated with my +15 offset wheels.