PDA

View Full Version : Noise from Wheels or Suspension

Premature Vtec
27-01-2010, 08:04 PM
Hey Just recently a Extremely annoying Squeal / Metal Grinding noize have been comming from my wheels / sussy area.

I checked all 4 Pads they are fine. Checked for little Rocks and such nothing.
The noise is at all speeds & a VERY weird noise when reversing.

Im suspecting bearings but just seeing what you guys think ?

Thanks ! OHDA

:thumbsup:

tsg88
27-01-2010, 08:32 PM
Its sounds like bearings to me, but strange they would go that bad... Mine squeaked quite loudly in reverse, but got quieter as I drove it more, the pads were never bed properly when installed initially.

Unless your CV's are going? Normally that's a grinding crunchy noise though.

Premature Vtec
27-01-2010, 08:52 PM
nah no crunchy noise ! yeah i will get it checked out the noise is really loud !

vinnY
27-01-2010, 09:19 PM
brake dust shields hitting the rotors?

Premature Vtec
27-01-2010, 09:31 PM
ohh ye maybe it like goes away and comes back tho

EK4 Phil
29-01-2010, 06:37 AM
Could be a couple of things. This is what has happened to me:
1st Check if you have a rock stuck between the brake dust shield and the rotor.
2nd Could be your brake pad has worn down to the metal clip (not sure what's it called?)
3rd If you wanted to pin point where the sound is coming from (be careful though) put the front of the car up on jack stands make sure your wheels aren't touching the ground and car is secure. Start the car leave it in neutral watch the wheels spin (this is normal) and listen to where the noise is coming from.

If your still not sure get a mechanic or suspension shop to look at it, I know Pedders do a 28 point suspension check for pretty cheap $20-$30 might be worth while getting them to check it out.

string
29-01-2010, 01:54 PM
Can you wobble the wheel with your hands? I've had a front wheel bearing go with a similar intermittent screeching sound; was very loose when jacked up.

Premature Vtec
03-02-2010, 07:30 PM
Can you wobble the wheel with your hands? I've had a front wheel bearing go with a similar intermittent screeching sound; was very loose when jacked up.

Nah cant wobble it ! still yet 2 take to mechanic 2 busy !, anyone else have suggestions. My Brake Pads look fine

fromdeeeast
03-02-2010, 08:24 PM
It is most likely the clip that holds the brake pad. Its a little metal clip/hook these are known to come off and get stuck between the rotor and brake pad and you probably won't notice it since they're quite small

Premature Vtec
03-02-2010, 08:43 PM
It is most likely the clip that holds the brake pad. Its a little metal clip/hook these are known to come off and get stuck between the rotor and brake pad and you probably won't notice it since they're quite small

Anyway i could check ? cheers

fromdeeeast
03-02-2010, 09:18 PM
Look for grinding on the rotor

Basically just have a good look for it, around the brake pad area for it.

Nepolian
04-02-2010, 07:19 AM
Check pads inside and out. I'd say from your descriptions that its pad indicator!

Jack the car and rotate each wheel individually! If it is as noisy as you say, it'll make the sound.

If all else fails, go to a mechanic sooner than later.......

wAYzoR
04-02-2010, 01:59 PM
Another vote for the brake pad clips, they make a hell of a noise when rubbing up against the disc, will also damage the disc also if left too long

Premature Vtec
04-02-2010, 09:07 PM
Another vote for the brake pad clips, they make a hell of a noise when rubbing up against the disc, will also damage the disc also if left too long

How do i fix this problem ? i dont really wanna take it mechanic and i cant seem 2 find anything wrong thanks guys

vinnY
04-02-2010, 09:11 PM
get new pads? sort of what the wear indicator is telling you

Premature Vtec
04-02-2010, 09:46 PM
Oh k sweet did a lil research ! im guessing this is the little culprit

http://i957.photobucket.com/albums/ae57/hondataa/Brake2S.jpg