PDA

View Full Version : hid not working?

dcnl
28-01-2010, 07:21 PM
one side of my hid suddenly stop working? ive check fuse and there fine, what could be the problem? could it be ballest?

kcokla
28-01-2010, 07:32 PM
did they work previously?

from the sounds of it they did -
check the bulbs - if its the ballisters , swap them around, if it is them, the other side will not work then you've found your problem

good luck.

dcnl
28-01-2010, 07:34 PM
yeah i had spare bulbs. swap them around and stil didnt work. i only have 1 ballister? a fat silver one.

PlatinumVisuals
28-01-2010, 07:45 PM
You should have 2 ballasts.

mnc
28-01-2010, 08:10 PM
yeah 2.

one for each side.

xntrik
28-01-2010, 08:12 PM
Lol run some quality kit man,
most kits come with 2 ballast.

fromdeeeast
28-01-2010, 08:40 PM
Was it working previously?

If so check the connection to the ballast from the light

Check the connection to the two power cables?

If thats the case and you still have the stock bulbs on hand and didn't butcher your harness see if there is power coming from the car, if so then check the ballast and if that doesn't work lastly try with a different HID bulb.

If they weren't working previously check that you have all the connection pos - pos and neg - neg. I didn't do this my first time and it stuffed up until I checked it

Good luck

dcnl
28-01-2010, 09:02 PM
yeah man i tried all that. far my kits pretty old bro. came from previous owner, so im pretty sure theres only one ballast. and yeah it was working before until i was playing around with my intake. its just the bulb thats not working. the parkers still good. fkn giving me the shits, and fustrated.

oongie
29-01-2010, 12:32 PM
The other ballast is prolly hidden away somewhere.
I have not seen any HID kit that comes with 1 ballast as the single ballast wont be able to charge the gas in both bulbs simultaneously. The parkers arent connected to your HID ballast and if the spare bulb doesnt work with the ballast then your your ballast is gone. Make sure your sparey is working though.
Thing with ballasts is they'll go without any warning so its possible you could have shorted the ballast.

ksl
29-01-2010, 05:06 PM
each HID must go through a ballast, best to test just swap around the bulb and ballast to found out the problem

dcnl
29-01-2010, 08:35 PM
thanks guys, turned out to be the bloody ballast. replace and all good.