PDA

View Full Version : will a baby seat fit in a dc2 or dc5

JDMintegra
29-01-2010, 01:53 PM
will a baby seat fit in a dc2 or dc5? I am wanting to get a dc2r/dc5r as a second car as I may need it to drive my newborn home. Reason is I already have a 4x4 and want a second car that's an integra.

sorry if this thread is stupid but google has not helped me at all.

tseesinngwailo
29-01-2010, 02:01 PM
I have a child seat in my DC2R, you will need the small bracket which bolts into the boot, and also an extension belt, as most capsules and child seats dont have a long enough belt to reach to the rear of the car where the bolt is.

I can try get a pic of my setup if you need

JDMintegra
29-01-2010, 02:08 PM
do i need to buy the extension brackets and belts? Or does the car already have such items as standard???

tseesinngwailo
29-01-2010, 02:27 PM
the belt can be purchased from Toys-R-Us or such, the place you get/hire the capsule from will have them.

The car already will have 3 bolt holes with threaded holes for the small bracket which comes with the capsule in most cases, even Supercheap should have those.

I will try get a pic up tonight or tomorrow

Cheers
Chris

DylanR
29-01-2010, 06:07 PM
the couple that i bought my DC5R off couldnt find any baby seats that would fit.
They had to sell the car because of it.
Pretty sad because she was crying when i handed over the cheque.

I got over it pretty fast :P

WATAJK
29-01-2010, 07:20 PM
lol... You sure ^^
I've seen Babyseats in DC5R's before...
Just gotta keep looking, don't give up...
I wouldn't sell my ITR just cause i had a kid.. No way... Ill buy a bomb for a car if i have to >.>

JDMintegra
29-01-2010, 10:17 PM
thanks man, send the pics when you have the time.

the belt can be purchased from Toys-R-Us or such, the place you get/hire the capsule from will have them.

The car already will have 3 bolt holes with threaded holes for the small bracket which comes with the capsule in most cases, even Supercheap should have those.

I will try get a pic up tonight or tomorrow

Cheers
Chris

VT-11-RR
29-01-2010, 11:15 PM
my brother has a baby seat in his dc5r he also owned a dc2 before and had a baby seat in that as well

Zinyo
30-01-2010, 01:49 PM
put mini recaro cover on the baby seat so it'll match with the recaros @ front...i guess u can put mini racing harness on the baby seat as well...it'll be safer too

duckey
01-02-2010, 07:35 AM
make sure you get it engineered!

tseesinngwailo
01-02-2010, 07:45 AM
I got some pics on the weekend of my setup, wont be able to post until tonight as the camera is at home. cheers, Chris

DLO01
01-02-2010, 08:14 AM
Baby seat definatly fits in a DC2R as I have done it many a time. Only issue I have had is when the seat is in a 'lay down' or 'capsule' position. We needed to push the front seat forward. Its no problem as such really.

tseesinngwailo
01-02-2010, 08:24 AM
I dont believe that they have to be engineered, as long as you have Aus approved seat and belts, should be fine