PDA

View Full Version : I Need Help!!!

bballr
03-12-2004, 01:57 PM
Can any1 please tell me how to install a sports steering wheel into Honda CXI considering that it's equiped with SRS??? :wave: :honda:

[Blitz]
03-12-2004, 02:18 PM
I can tell you, but it's illegal to remove SRS airbag steering wheel. Defectable and insurance will definitely not like it.

Civic Si
03-12-2004, 03:08 PM
Yeah it's a safety item so it should remain in there, plus only :honda: service dealerships should remove airbags...

Denchy
03-12-2004, 03:11 PM
apparently if you try it by yourself and trip the bag BANG its like gettin hit in the face with a cricket bat lol . Seriously leave the wheel there coz as soon as its removed you can guarantee your in a accident and get killed or maimed :(

bballr
03-12-2004, 04:17 PM
Thanks for the help guys, it's much appreciated...

Kawasaki
03-12-2004, 04:19 PM
mate buy a teg type r wheel then you have both sexy steering wheel and srs

mytoycivic
03-12-2004, 04:23 PM
or just get it retrimmed. your insurance company will not insure you if you take the srs wheel off and you have an accident. you have been warned :thumbsup:

Muckafutha
03-12-2004, 04:25 PM
i know the srs is there for a reason...but get a good mechanic to change the wheel for u if u really want to...just bear in mind all the stuff everyone else has told u...ultimately u bear all responsibility if u do take it out.

One other thing if u take ur car to the track it is better without the srs anyway

vteccoupe
03-12-2004, 04:34 PM
mate buy a teg type r wheel then you have both sexy steering wheel and srs
how much wld a teg type r steering wheel cost?

ECU-MAN
03-12-2004, 06:21 PM
does anyone know if it is legal to acually put a ITR wheel in a civic, remember that airbags are developed with R&D, so a ITR airbag has been designed to deploy at a cetain rate for the integra, were a civic bag has been designed to deploy in a civic, (know what im gettijng at here). is the SRS ECU has the same part# then it should be fine but this makes me wonder.

Muckafutha
04-12-2004, 01:03 AM
dunno whether they have the same rate of deployment or watever but the itr wheel wun fit a civic anyway...i tink onli a ctr one can fit ek civics