PDA

View Full Version : CL9 auto gearbox shudders

10KRPM
30-01-2010, 09:20 PM
Hey all,

Just recently i have noticed that on light throttle from almost standstill to low speeds, i can feel the car shuddering. It almost feels like the gearbox is not engaging smoothly.

Now can this be attributed to the engine? something gone wrong with the ecu?

or the auto box itself. We have owned the car from new in 05. Have not changed the auto box oil as yet as workshop manual suggested changing at 100k. The car is at 83 odd k.

We have the extended warranty on the car which incidentally runs out in june of this year. Rather get it fixed under warranty then pay out of pocket.

tony1234
30-01-2010, 09:29 PM
Hey all,

Just recently i have noticed that on light throttle from almost standstill to low speeds, i can feel the car shuddering. It almost feels like the gearbox is not engaging smoothly.

Now can this be attributed to the engine? something gone wrong with the ecu?

or the auto box itself. We have owned the car from new in 05. Have not changed the auto box oil as yet as workshop manual suggested changing at 100k. The car is at 83 odd k.

We have the extended warranty on the car which incidentally runs out in june of this year. Rather get it fixed under warranty then pay out of pocket.
Change the ATF and the shudder should go away.Only use Genuine Honda ATF

xxb4xx
31-01-2010, 07:36 AM
Also try and keep away from gearbox treatments.. They can cause more harm than good!

As Tony said, ATF is your first step..

aaronng
31-01-2010, 09:24 AM
The recommended ATF change interval is too long. We found that it caused shuddering and clutch pack wear with our older accord. Now we change it every 2 years / 40,000km instead.

sodhi90
31-01-2010, 04:12 PM
mine does this too, my ATF level is perfect and is only 10ks old honda oil of course, i think its normal.

it only does at like less than turtle speed. i dont let it bother me.