PDA

View Full Version : allmotor (vs lsvtec vs turbo) - opinions?

skywings
03-12-2004, 05:12 PM
Like anyone else, I want more performance out of my stock LS. Now, I think there are 3 basic options; allmotor, lsvtec and turbo.

I briefly considered turbo because it's like instant power, but decided against it because of increased engine wear, higher maintenance costs, loss of low end power and high insurance costs.

Then for a long time I thought about lsvtec, read a lot about it and even bought myself a vtec head. There are quite a lot of people who are happy with the performance and reliability of their frankies, and I am one who believes they can be awesome machines if done with a quality build. However, with a mortgage looming over me 24/7, I don't think I have the $$ for a quality built as well as for fixing the many possible hiccups or giant disaster other people tend to associate with lsvtecs.

So now I'm thinking maybe I should just go allmotor. Afterall, isn't it bound to be more reliable than strapping on things that Honda-san didn't originally put on the LS? And it seems to fit my personal needs:

I don't really want a car to race at the moment, just a zippy daily driver. I want something reasonably reliable and relatively cheaper to run. I want good low to mid range power more than good high range power while the lower range suffers. I want insurance that won't cost me too much more than what I'm already paying.

I haven't yet done much reading on allmotor mods so I'm hoping someone can answer some questions I have regarding allmotor.

1. Regarding costs of engine building, will allmotor be at least the same (hopefully cheaper) than doing an lsvtec or turbo conversion?

2. Will allmotor be more reliable than the other two?

3. Will it be generally cheaper to maintain over the long run?

4. Does anyone know what the power of an allmotor LS is like compared to lsvtec or turbo? I'm looking for any kind of comparison for a general idea.

5. Do you think going allmotor fits my needs?

Thanks in advance!

:D sky.

MRJDM
03-12-2004, 09:34 PM
search it

Weq
04-12-2004, 12:40 PM
use a small turbo on 8psi of boost. it will fit ur needs well. the money u save on the allmtr or lsvtec build, u can add to ur insurance. No such thing as low down power on allmtr, unless u got 8 cylinders.