PDA

View Full Version : Tyre

anfo2gig
31-01-2010, 09:35 AM
Hey Guys,

I just got RE001 last weekend, and after 1 week i realise on my left hand side (passenger side), the front tyre has a bad wear on it. It like small chunk of rubbers is missing on the cornor of the tyre throughout. The other tyre is just normal.

Does this mean its a Faulty Tyre? or It the way i drive?

Thanks

migoreng
31-01-2010, 12:30 PM
er...if you notice a chunk missing then something on the road must have shreded your tyre..
post a picture

V73C
31-01-2010, 12:31 PM
When was the last wheel alignment ? Maybe you just need to get an alignment done. I just highly doubt RE001 can show faulty signs in one week thats all.

geeang
31-01-2010, 12:50 PM
Could be:
Bad alignment
Unbalanced wheel/tyre (weight could have come off)
Suspension problem
Bad roads (doubt it since you've never had this problem before and you drive the same roads)
Something hitting your tyres to take "chunks" out of them
Vandalism

Best solution is to show us some photos in case someone has experienced this before and can tell from a picture, and then eliminate all the possibilities in the list above to find your problem.

anfo2gig
31-01-2010, 10:50 PM
the chunk is not massive, is like small porition about 1mm deep and length about 1-3cm throughout the tyre.

But i have done wheel alignment straight after swaping the tyres. Car not lower on stock.
I wouldn't think is Vandalism because that mean they have to do it throughout the rotation of the wheel.

Its only on the left front wheel.

Will get pic up soon

thanks guys