PDA

View Full Version : stone-cut wax question?

primouomo
31-01-2010, 01:19 PM
Hey I got a black '02 civic and use Meguiar's NXT Generation Tech Wax 2.0 paste to wax it.
I recently went into a paint-shop to buy some touch-up paint. The guy working there had a look at my car and said the wax I've used was (something like) a stone-cut wax, and said that my car's paint was in too good a condition for it - that I should buy a polish instead.. He said stone-cut wax (or whatever it's called) causes swirl-marks or some shit like that lol.. He also said that you shouldn't be waxing it like every month..
1. Can anybody confirm this? Anybody have any recommendations?

2. Since my car's black it picks up dust quite easily. I've been told that just wiping it with a cotton cloth is scratching the paint, and to get it off you just have to get a car-wash.. But I don't want to be going to the car-wash every week. Does anybody know any alternatives?

curtis265
05-02-2010, 06:09 PM
use Quik detailer to get the dust off. Dust on a black car is a pain. you do have to wash ur car every week

i didnt know NXT2.0 cuts...

SHU-ES1
05-02-2010, 10:54 PM
just go to a carwash, spend $1 and hose it down.. i've had a black car and i must say, now that i have a white car.. dust is less noticeable on the white in comparison to the black.. bad luck mate, there's always a way around it if you're willing to spend the $ and time. my suggestion is to go to a car wash and spend a few bucks hosing it down and chamoising it.

aaronng
06-02-2010, 02:53 AM
NXT does not cut. It is a sealant with mild cleaners in it. The swirls come from washing with a sponge or cloth.