PDA

View Full Version : vtir run round

YBJLS4
31-01-2010, 01:43 PM
anyone went to look or know anything bout this vtir? how much you reckon is a good pick it up? if your gonna say you havent seen it and its hard to know yada yada.. :thumbsup: but just give like a basic if its in "as advertised condition" opinion.

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/private/details.aspx?R=7941414&__sid=1260DC0B227A&__Qpb=true&Cr=3&__Ns=pCar_PriceSort_Decimal|0||pCar_RankSort_Int32 |1||pCar_Make_String|0||pCar_Model_String|0&keywords=&__N=1216%201247%201282%201252%204294965322%2042949 65105%204294922435%20898&seot=1&__No=15&__Nne=15&trecs=29&silo=1011

and/or this
http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/private/details.aspx?R=8237138&__sid=1260DC0B227A&__Qpb=true&Cr=2&__Ns=pCar_PriceSort_Decimal|0||pCar_RankSort_Int32 |1||pCar_Make_String|0||pCar_Model_String|0&keywords=&__N=1216%201247%201282%201252%204294965322%2042949 65105%204294922435%20898&seot=1&__No=15&__Nne=15&trecs=29&silo=1011

sangyz
31-01-2010, 01:49 PM
what motor is the first one running. if it was just a straight b18c2 swap wouldn't need engineers. so whats he running?

YBJLS4
31-01-2010, 01:53 PM
he goes b18b1 which is a american gsi motor i think but then he goes its 100%vtec.dunno this guys apparently only got the car cos the owner is in debt to him. lol sounds dirt as fk but gonna go check it out ill let you know.

MWAKU
31-01-2010, 03:46 PM
huh which one has the b18c1? b18c1 = gsr not gsi fool LOL. gsr = vtir

bro im gunna buy that white one once i sell the lude, so **** off dickhead LOL

kcokla
31-01-2010, 05:32 PM
the guy with the black one used to own a type s (i think if its the same guy) and lets just say, make sure the engine is in good condition !

YBJLS4
31-01-2010, 09:41 PM
huh which one has the b18c1? b18c1 = gsr not gsi fool LOL. gsr = vtir

bro im gunna buy that white one once i sell the lude, so **** off dickhead LOL

b18b1 one ya knob.
checked the number its b18b1 and he goes its a gsi bottom with vtec head. looks like the usual b18c2 black top head.

with my foot to the ground the car rolls like has no pull at all till about 5-6k then its like full vtec hit and im comparing this cos i had a vtir till 2days ago. would this be the 4-1 headers rather than 4-2-1? shouldnt the difference be very little anyway? the acceleration on this is alot less than my old one.

lol the bloke that owns that white one sounds dirt as.One day its got a dent and its been in a hit one day it dont.

YBJLS4
31-01-2010, 09:44 PM
the guy with the black one used to own a type s (i think if its the same guy) and lets just say, make sure the engine is in good condition !

nah the original owner of this car owes my mate money and signed the car over to cover it. if he got a type s or not dno.

kcokla
31-01-2010, 10:26 PM
oh ok,
i recognize the number plate and i drove the type s a few times when he was away, hadnt been serviced in ages and had squeeky clutch and stuff.

frmo my understanding sold the car but those plates are the same as it was on the type s!

Premature Vtec
31-01-2010, 10:30 PM
They are like both 10k just save abit more and get DC2R. cant go wrong

MWAKU
31-01-2010, 10:55 PM
lol the bloke that owns that white one sounds dirt as.One day its got a dent and its been in a hit one day it dont.

lmfaooooooo, wheres the dent? but yeh

bro

ur brother

looks like elvis presley, he needs a hair cut.. BADLY

YBJLS4
31-01-2010, 11:11 PM
straightout this guy couldnt tell the same story twice. at first he had it on the ad that theres small dent near petrol tank and i called he goes ye nothing big. mate calls day later and he comes up with this mad story bout him just being in a mad accident and hit a passenger at back, come take it for 7 or its going to garage to be fixed. called him back day later and lol his definate that its been in no accidents and when i asked if hes sure he admits there is one then "its big dent but its small"(quote) but his outta state and cant see the car till 2days. then its all fixed no damage come see it in 2days. dno get it if you want.

Vti-Arh
06-02-2010, 01:31 PM
BLACK dc2

i went to see the black one for myself also
it all cleared through revs.
the car went quite well. it was very different. ripped good 2nd's
on second gear pedal to the floor i hit 90 quite quick. could have been pushed to 110 with more road.
my mate gave it all he had when he test drove it for me as he owns a vti-r.
(his mate told us to give it a good thrashing..) hmmmmm.....
vtec crossover felt different. sounded different.

but thats not the issue.
but theres something that isnt quite right here.

1- i feel like the claimed owner isnt actually the owner of this car.

(wont state too much on here so if you want info pm me)

2- it is a b18b1 gsi motor built in a small shop close to tempe tires. (accross the road)??????
he said he just wanted a faster motor. also said cars worked on in a shop in fairfield.
but who puts in a cheaper non vtec motor which he claimed to pay 2700 for in a vti-r then pay 2500 for a vtec conversion. thats b18c7,b20 money?? (if torque is what he really wanted)??

3- i did some reasearch.
he claimed that the gsi had more torque down low.
he claimed he only did the conversion for this reason
this is not the case.
gsi- 172Nm
vti-r- 173Nm
theres not much difference there. but i dont like liars.

4- as for the motor. i would like to know about these conversions and how much power they actually do put out. theres not much info out there.

i have a feeling it was an easy option to fix a blown motor.

WHITE dc2

also gone too see this one a while ago.
car seems to have been in an accident.
hence reason for having a dc4 front bar.

engine bay is rough and seems to have creases from a previous hit.
i also saw some bog in there along with some white paint straight over it.

he claimed its never been in an accident.
well. sorry to break it to ya.

it has. and it wasnt a nice one.

he didnt take it to a panel beater to "fit the bar" (fix the smash)
apparently a bodgy lebo dude did it in his back yard.
excact words there.

he really wants that thing gone. he sent me really cheap offers to take it off him. why? if their worth alot more. just because it doesnt have rego?
lies.

cheap dc2's.
their cheap for a reason.

My final words.

SUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
with both id get a good mechanical inspection. compression test a must! for the black one.
and if hes willing to get it to a dyno shop (tunehouse being around the corner) power figures would be good to see if it actually pulls out decent power. (it felt preety okay, sounded very different though and crossover was unusual)

MWAKU
06-02-2010, 01:38 PM
the white one

where was the bog and the creases? how u know its a dc4 front bar? :S thers no diff between the face lift front bars. cars been bought neway ;)

Vti-Arh
06-02-2010, 02:05 PM
the white one

where was the bog and the creases? how u know its a dc4 front bar? :S thers no diff between the face lift front bars. cars been bought neway ;)

reason for the facelift was due to an accident. white type r front was bought. and fitted

creases were where the radiator overflow was. all along the hidden spots.

MWAKU
06-02-2010, 02:06 PM
the radiator over flow was cracked, leaking n shit, ur talking about the car with the full type R interior aswell ay?

Vti-Arh
06-02-2010, 02:16 PM
the radiator over flow was cracked, leaking n shit, ur talking about the car with the full type R interior aswell ay?

the black car is preety straight as for body.
but yeah in my post i was also talking about the black one.

im on the market for em.
ive seen the dodgiest shit.
so fVcken hard to find a clean dc2 ! :thumbdwn:

MWAKU
06-02-2010, 02:27 PM
the black car is preety straight as for body.
but yeah in my post i was also talking about the black one.

im on the market for em.
ive seen the dodgiest shit.
so fVcken hard to find a clean dc2 ! :thumbdwn:

the black one?

i thought u were talking about the white one. but ye

Vti-Arh
06-02-2010, 02:51 PM
the black one?

i thought u were talking about the white one. but ye

the white one was the one with the creases and cracked radiator support.

the black one has a straight body.

to clear the confusion your having...

YBJLS4
06-02-2010, 03:03 PM
BLACK dc2

i went to see the black one for myself also
it all cleared through revs.
the car went quite well. it was very different. ripped good 2nd's
on second gear pedal to the floor i hit 90 quite quick. could have been pushed to 110 with more road.
my mate gave it all he had when he test drove it for me as he owns a vti-r.
(his mate told us to give it a good thrashing..) hmmmmm.....
vtec crossover felt different. sounded different.

but thats not the issue.
but theres something that isnt quite right here.

1- i feel like the claimed owner isnt actually the owner of this car.

(wont state too much on here so if you want info pm me)

2- it is a b18b1 gsi motor built in a small shop close to tempe tires. (accross the road)??????
he said he just wanted a faster motor. also said cars worked on in a shop in fairfield.
but who puts in a cheaper non vtec motor which he claimed to pay 2700 for in a vti-r then pay 2500 for a vtec conversion. thats b18c7,b20 money?? (if torque is what he really wanted)??

3- i did some reasearch.
he claimed that the gsi had more torque down low.
he claimed he only did the conversion for this reason
this is not the case.
gsi- 172Nm
vti-r- 173Nm
theres not much difference there. but i dont like liars.

4- as for the motor. i would like to know about these conversions and how much power they actually do put out. theres not much info out there.

i have a feeling it was an easy option to fix a blown motor.

WHITE dc2

also gone too see this one a while ago.
car seems to have been in an accident.
hence reason for having a dc4 front bar.

engine bay is rough and seems to have creases from a previous hit.
i also saw some bog in there along with some white paint straight over it.

he claimed its never been in an accident.
well. sorry to break it to ya.

it has. and it wasnt a nice one.

he didnt take it to a panel beater to "fit the bar" (fix the smash)
apparently a bodgy lebo dude did it in his back yard.
excact words there.

he really wants that thing gone. he sent me really cheap offers to take it off him. why? if their worth alot more. just because it doesnt have rego?
lies.

cheap dc2's.
their cheap for a reason.

My final words.

SUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
with both id get a good mechanical inspection. compression test a must! for the black one.
and if hes willing to get it to a dyno shop (tunehouse being around the corner) power figures would be good to see if it actually pulls out decent power. (it felt preety okay, sounded very different though and crossover was unusual)

guy whos selling the black one well he would happily admit its not his.

where'd you see the white one and when?