PDA

View Full Version : Respray bumpers

davidha91
31-01-2010, 06:02 PM
hi, i've just got my front and rear bumpers sprayed white at the panel beaters but when they were put back on, the colour doesn't match with the body. its a bit lighter than the bodys colour. is there a way to even out the colour on the bumpers back to its original?

cheers

Zilli
31-01-2010, 06:57 PM
no... you have the wrong shade... take it back to them and have them give it another go... be aware though, that plastic bumpers usually take on a slightly different colour anyway

jdm_b16a
31-01-2010, 07:03 PM
hi, i've just got my front and rear bumpers sprayed white at the panel beaters but when they were put back on, the colour doesn't match with the body. its a bit lighter than the bodys colour. is there a way to even out the colour on the bumpers back to its original?

cheers

It can sometimes come down to the undercoat used. What colour undercoat did they use? Remember also that the colour will change slightly as it ages.

Peter

davidha91
31-01-2010, 07:04 PM
So you reckon if i let it out in the sun for a while it'll lighten up and even it out a bit more? or maybe try to cut and polish the whole car?

ksl
31-01-2010, 08:54 PM
depends how un-match the color on your bumper and body. If the panel beaters just follow your color code to re-spray than there will be high chance wont be matching your car, because your body color will wear out from UV, etc. If only very minor difference, than is acceptable, because plastic and metal are hard to match to the same color.

davidha91
01-02-2010, 11:46 AM
yeah i think he just followed the code of the colour. its a minor difference but noticeable.