PDA

View Full Version : Cusco Bolt In Rollcage

i-jrdm
31-01-2010, 06:43 PM
So ive been looking at cusco bolt in roll cage for my dc2
but ive noticed that it says its not available for sunroof.

is there any bolt in roll cages available that are compatable with sunroof?
preferebly 5-6point
anybody?

thanks

i-jrdm
31-01-2010, 08:12 PM
anybody?

Riced_Civic
31-01-2010, 08:31 PM
give it a day or 2 sum1 is bound to know

i-jrdm
31-01-2010, 08:44 PM
give it a day or 2 sum1 is bound to know

yer bad. thanks dude
im not good with the hole patience thing haha

geeang
31-01-2010, 09:12 PM
Doubtful, since the bolt-in cages require you to rip off the roof-lining, so that probably means you'd need to rip out the sunroof mechanism otherwise it would get in the way.

timofytit
31-01-2010, 09:29 PM
I would get in touch with 'Bond Roll Bars'

i-jrdm
31-01-2010, 10:00 PM
Doubtful, since the bolt-in cages require you to rip off the roof-lining, so that probably means you'd need to rip out the sunroof mechanism otherwise it would get in the way.

hmm i see, i hear they have brackets on the bolt in
i was thinking of cutting it down 10mm or so and re welding the bracket so i wouldnt have to take out the roof lining.. hmm thanks for that info anyways

Spoon-Accord
01-02-2010, 05:15 AM
have a cage in my little crx, didn't have to remove anything but rear speakers

xntrik
01-02-2010, 05:56 AM
Are you after a fullcage or a halfcage?
I run a halfcage and im pretty sure it wouldnt require you to remove your sunroof.
Im not 100% sure on this since I dont have a SUNROOF, but my rollcage stops just before the interior light so..
I can take photos if you want.

IEVAQ8
01-02-2010, 06:23 AM
I run a halfcage and im pretty sure it wouldnt require you to remove your sunroof.
Im not 100% sure on this since I dont have a cage, but my rollcage stops just before the interior light so..

yes...photo plz........... ;)

i-jrdm
01-02-2010, 12:14 PM
yer photos would be great thanks

DNYALL
02-02-2010, 05:39 PM
Im not 100% sure on this since I dont have a cage, but my rollcage stops just before the interior light so..

Custom made or bought? bolt in or welded. Sorry for all the questions but i'm keen to know :)

Riced_Civic
02-02-2010, 06:17 PM
getting serious race spec now mike, lol

xntrik
02-02-2010, 09:13 PM
Custom made or bought? bolt in or welded. Sorry for all the questions but i'm keen to know :)
BOLT in.

I bought it from a mate of mine;
Haven't seen anyone else with the same cage

These photos are from 08, my boot is completely empty since then.
http://xntrik.com.au/images/21.jpg

http://xntrik.com.au/images/22.jpg

http://xntrik.com.au/images/23.jpg

xntrik
02-02-2010, 09:16 PM
You can see the clearance from the interior light,
But since I don't have a sunroof, you can estimate from there.

i-jrdm
02-02-2010, 09:32 PM
You can see the clearance from the interior light,
But since I don't have a sunroof, you can estimate from there.

looks awesome dude! love it.
yep i rekon ill be sweat. thanks heaps for the photos

xntrik
02-02-2010, 11:44 PM
No worries. :)

kevster
03-02-2010, 08:02 AM
its a real shame you have to strip the back on the car to fit the cage.

e240
03-02-2010, 08:24 AM
I had a custom 1/2 cage, retained my interior + roof lining and sun roof.

One thing to note is that the cusco cage are not CAMS approved, so you cannot get it logged and approved for competition.

fatboyz39
03-02-2010, 12:20 PM
I would rather buy a bonds bolt in cage as oppose to cusco.

SPEEDCORE
03-02-2010, 01:01 PM
http://xntrik.com.au/images/23.jpg

Diagonal in wrong position.

eg5civic
03-02-2010, 02:06 PM
whys that speedcore??

e240
03-02-2010, 04:22 PM
The diagonal needs to be on the side of the driver's head to reinforce that point in the event of a roll over. It the even of a rally car or 2 seater, you have 2 diagonals.

That picture probably has the cage for a left hand drive car.

DNYALL
04-02-2010, 06:00 PM
yep, would have to be designed for a LHD drive car. still looks awesome :thumbsup:

hitoriko
04-02-2010, 06:39 PM
anyone with a rear half cage in an EG Civic?

love your cage and seats :P

eg5civic
04-02-2010, 07:17 PM
ef civic should have pics, he has jamies old EG

e240
04-02-2010, 08:05 PM
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h186/e240_a/Cage-1.jpg

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h186/e240_a/Cage-2.jpg

xntrik
04-02-2010, 10:32 PM
Yes my diagonal is in the wrong position,
I've been meaning to get another one welded for awhile now, just been spending money else where atm.

for reference,
Its a bonds rollcage.

xntrik
04-02-2010, 10:36 PM
Nice welded rollcage btw.
Works much better.

zco
05-02-2010, 09:46 AM
I had a custom 1/2 cage, retained my interior + roof lining and sun roof.

One thing to note is that the cusco cage are not CAMS approved, so you cannot get it logged and approved for competition.:thumbsup:

I would rather buy a bonds bolt in cage as oppose to cusco.:thumbsup:

The diagonal needs to be on the side of the driver's head to reinforce that point in the event of a roll over. It the even of a rally car or 2 seater, you have 2 diagonals.

That picture probably has the cage for a left hand drive car.

yep, would have to be designed for a LHD drive car. still looks awesome :thumbsup:
hmm i dont think this is the case.. Bonds Cages that have one diagonal start at the top of passenger side, and meets at bottom of driver side. Bonds Cages are all CAMS Approved

SPEEDCORE
06-02-2010, 08:55 AM
Went back and read ROPS again....

2.7 Diagonal member: Transverse tube between a top corner of the main roll bar or upper end of a backstay and a lower mounting point on the other side of the roll bar of backstay.

Indeed it does not seem to state above "drivers head". So I will retract my statement about it.

I will point out however that all diagrams except 253-3A, show a diagonal going to top RH side of main hoop.

Diagram "Type 2" depicting a half cage also has diagonal going to top RH side.

zco
06-02-2010, 09:11 AM
yeh the diagrams are just examples i guess.. but yeh. i actually spoke to the guy down at BONDS. i think his name was Alan ? anyway, this Bonds Cages dude said he designed them like that in event of a roll, the diagonal doesnt break and hit the drivers head. :/

they're not meant to break ? thats what we pay you for ! lol

EG5
06-02-2010, 02:45 PM
yeh the diagrams are just examples i guess.. but yeh. i actually spoke to the guy down at BONDS. i think his name was Alan ? anyway, this Bonds Cages dude said he designed them like that in event of a roll, the diagonal doesnt break and hit the drivers head. :/

they're not meant to break ? thats what we pay you for ! lol

:thumbsup: Bonds cage FTW

xntrik
06-02-2010, 04:26 PM
So should I get that extra diagonal cross welded or not?
Lol, I was gonna get it done before mid year.

I always thought my diagonal was wrong.

JDM-EGG
06-02-2010, 05:02 PM
get it for wank factor :)

e240
06-02-2010, 09:23 PM
Indeed it does not seem to state above "drivers head". So I will retract my statement about it.

Ye of little faith..:D

Schedule J:
3.2.4 Diagonal members: Each At least one diagonal member must be fitted. Its location must be in accordance with drawings 253-3 to 253-5 and it must be straight....
For FIA International events for Group N and A vehicles, any vehicle of a type homologated after 1 January 2002 the fitting of a second diagonal in the main hoop as per drawing 253-4 is mandatory. The junction of these two members must be reinforced by a pair of opposing gussets. Details are available from CAMS, or the.

-> So while not spelt out specifically, for CAMS homologation, you need to follow the basic drawings, and they all have the diagonal to the Driver's side.
For the specified Intl homologation, you need Two diagonals -

-> Prior to the 2009, the CAMS manual specifically state "For competitors without co-drivers, only one diagonal emember may be fitted but its front connection must be on the driver's side."

The current manual, by stating must be in accordance with drawings 253-3 to 253-5 makes the pre 2009 statement redundant.
because all the drawings bar one have the diagonal on the driver's side.

I'm reading the rules as they are....no more, no less...

13-02-2010, 09:38 PM
Gentlemen,
The diagonal can be located to the top on the right or the left. It is not specific. YES, the drawings in the CAMS manual show it mainly to the top right, but that is merely artistic representation.

Think of the diagonal as the triangulation joint, and once the main hoop becomes 2 triangles it matters not where the corners are located nor where the loads come from, it will oppose the deformation in exactly the same way.

There is actualy more chance of the main hoop failing at the top right if the diagonal join is placed there. This is due to the HAZ (heat affected zone) either side of the weld.

Another point... CAMS do not specify the orientation of the diagonal in the main hoop or the backstays as they don't specify a difference between right or left hand drive vehicles. Left hand drive is perfectly OK as long as the vehicle has the correct homologation papers to support it.

What I see of a greater concern is the location of the lower mounting of the backstays. Specifically the fact that they land on a lateral member(strut brace) which, under deformation loads places this member in bending and worse still the mount on the rear shock housing in shear. All that is bad, very bad. The backstays should always land on a reinforcing plate and any other lateral beams or members should join there as a notched node.
Yes I build cages..........;)

SPEEDCORE
18-02-2010, 01:43 PM
This is due to the HAZ (heat affected zone) either side of the weld.

I've often wondered about full length A pillar gusseting and the amount of heat pumped into the area VS simple tag/tabs.