PDA

View Full Version : MIL, ! & VSA Lights

EURO4
31-01-2010, 08:10 PM
Hey fellas,

Just have an issue with my Euro 04 Lux that I'd like to get some opinions about, and was wondering if anybody has had the same issue.

Recently, after driving for about 20mins on the highway, my Malfunction Indicator Lamp, VSA Activation and VSA System Indicators all came on simultaneously. This was followed by the RPM being cut and the car going into a "limp mode", so basically it wasn't accelerating at all although I was pushing on the pedal. I pulled over, turned off the car, and then restarted it after about 1min, and the warning lights were gone.

I haven't driven the car again since then, and this is the first and only time this has ever happened. The car has just had it's 100k service 2 months ago, and I'm currently having a mechanic mate check the car out.

I suspect all these symptoms have to do with a problem with the APP sensor, and it, or the whole throttle assembly, may need replacing. However, I haven't had any codes pulled from the ECU as yet, so im not certain on this. I've heard resetting the ECU can resolve this issue, but i thought i should get as many suggestions and opinions as i could be i decide on a course of action. Any input or thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated. Cheers.

-Chris

felixd
01-02-2010, 01:20 AM
Scan check the ecu u will see the problems from there and get that defected parts replace or cleaned up :) Resetting ECU will clear up the codes but ,by the time the ecu relearns back and it will pickup that error n chuck the car into a limp mode again , till u fix it .

xxb4xx
01-02-2010, 09:21 AM
Didn't know the Euro had limp mode?? Limp mode is actually another map ROM saved I. The ecu with really safe levels of everything! Like windows in safe mode :)

how do you reset the ecu? Is there plugs you connect under the dash? Or is it a matter of removing battery connection?

EURO4
01-02-2010, 09:42 AM
Thanks for the suggestion felix and cheers for the help, we plugged in the scanner this morning and it pulled this code:

P2138 Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor/Switch “D”/“E” Voltage Rationality

I was afraid that the problem would recur if we just reset the ECU, so it looks like well have to source and replace the APP sensor. Hopefully this will resolve the limp issue and stops the lights coming back.

Concerning resetting the ECU theres already a thread going on concerning this:

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=102606