PDA

View Full Version : Engine start after refilling

etbsimo
31-01-2010, 11:13 PM
Hey guys/girls,

A little background on my car, was a twin carby but was converted to a b18c2 therefore the fuel tank /lines were changed. Not too long ago i realised that every time i went to refill my petrol. As i start the car after refilling it starts but idle falls to 0 and dies. I would then need to crank it for a bit before it starts. I believe that my fuel pump is going but can anyone tell me what other signs to look for before i go ahead and change it.

Thanks, Simo

Chriskoss
01-02-2010, 12:12 AM
Sounds like fuel pump to me aswell mate, more pressure as more fuel leads to fuel pump failing.

astrob0y_
01-02-2010, 04:29 PM
Change your main relay

PlatinumVisuals
02-02-2010, 02:22 PM
+1 for main relay

OMG.JAI xD
02-02-2010, 05:36 PM
Change both.
Get a walbro. Its plug n play.

etbsimo
02-02-2010, 07:35 PM
Change both.
Get a walbro. Its plug n play.

Wouldn't i have to pull the tank off to get to the fuel pump? thats going to be a bitch

geeang
02-02-2010, 07:58 PM
Wouldn't i have to pull the tank off to get to the fuel pump? thats going to be a bitch

No you wouldn't, access to the fuel pump is under a metal cover, which is under your rear seats.

Disconnect battery, remove rear seats, remove metal cover, undo bolts and pull out fuel pump.

Before you go about replacing any and all, see if you can try out another main relay (that you know to be working), then if the problem persists get yourself a new fuel pump.

etbsimo
03-02-2010, 03:08 PM
No you wouldn't, access to the fuel pump is under a metal cover, which is under your rear seats.

Disconnect battery, remove rear seats, remove metal cover, undo bolts and pull out fuel pump.

Before you go about replacing any and all, see if you can try out another main relay (that you know to be working), then if the problem persists get yourself a new fuel pump.

Cheers, thanks for you help guys