PDA

View Full Version : CU2 Side Air Bag Sensor Switch on Front Passenger Seat ?

limleong
01-02-2010, 12:13 PM
I have just noticed/feel something like a sensor/switch hidden in the side bolster (windows side) on the front passenger seat.

Is this the side airbag sensor switch? Can anyone with a CU2 leather confirm that they have the same switch?

Thanks.

89superstage
02-02-2010, 11:56 AM
Hi there,
Couldnt feel the specific 'switch' you mention.
However there's definitely a sensor in the seat back linked to the OPDS. This shuts off the airbag in the event of the Occupants position changing to one where, the deployment of the airbag could do more harm, than good. You'll have a warning on the instrument panel letting you know its been turned off.

Hope this helps,:wave:
Des

aaronng
02-02-2010, 12:54 PM
Yes, the CL9 also had this. If you sit incorrectly in the front passenger seat by leaning heavily to the window side, your side airbags light will appear on the dash to tell you that it is disabled to prevent injury to your passenger.

HunterZero
02-02-2010, 01:59 PM
Those seat sensors are apparently also why the back of the passenger seat in the CL9 Lux isn't heated, only the bottom.

Is this the same with the CU2 Lux?

- HZ

mpricecs
02-02-2010, 03:56 PM
Those seat sensors are apparently also why the back of the passenger seat in the CL9 Lux isn't heated, only the bottom.

Is this the same with the CU2 Lux?

- HZ

Yes it is!!

limleong
02-02-2010, 05:38 PM
Hi Guys.

Thank you all for the reply. I think the consensus is that the hidden switch/sensor is for the side air bag link to OPDS system.

On my Accord, there is a little bulge which make the location of the sensor pretty obvious. It is slightly unsightly but I guess there is probably a manufacturing variation. As long as it is not a defect, I am going to let it go. The car is pretty much brand new and it is the little things that irks me :(

Cheers.

limleong
12-03-2010, 05:32 PM
Hi Guys.

Thank you all for the reply. I think the consensus is that the hidden switch/sensor is for the side air bag link to OPDS system.

On my Accord, there is a little bulge which make the location of the sensor pretty obvious. It is slightly unsightly but I guess there is probably a manufacturing variation. As long as it is not a defect, I am going to let it go. The car is pretty much brand new and it is the little things that irks me :(

Cheers.

Just to bring some closure to this thread. The bulge on the passenger side bolster is not the switch but the wiring to the OCPD sensor. The wiring is not tugged away properly at factory.

I mention it to the dealer today when my car is in for some other warranty repair and they take off the seat cover and tidy up wiring.