PDA

View Full Version : porting the inlet manifold....

AXS
01-02-2010, 12:29 PM
hey guys just bought a skunk2 inlet manifold and a skunk2 tb 68mm for my b18c7, just like to get some with were i could go to get the inlet manifold ported out to a 68mm....

prefrences or known places i could go or send it off for machineing...

cheers

chowdaa
01-02-2010, 05:07 PM
Why do you think it needs porting? why 68mm?

I wouldn't port the manifold IMO, SKUNK put enough research and development into getting the best flow and have made and distributed what they think flows and works best. Any modification to the manifold would give unwanted and unbeneficial results. Possible bad torque curve, turbulance etc.

beeza
01-02-2010, 05:21 PM
I think he means he wants to get the IM 'port matched' to the TB.

Yonas @ JDMYard can help U.

TODA AU
01-02-2010, 05:56 PM
hey guys just bought a skunk2 inlet manifold and a skunk2 tb 68mm for my b18c7, just like to get some with were i could go to get the inlet manifold ported out to a 68mm....

prefrences or known places i could go or send it off for machineing...

cheers

??? Really ???
It shouldn't need porting if both parts are SK2,
They should (or usually are) already be a match.

Anyway, expect to pay around $100 to have it done if required...
But fit the throttle & double check it needs doing 1st.

On another note, what are you hoping to achive on a B18C7 with these parts?
Incase you didn't know; the factory intake manifold is already very good
& when combined with a 64mm throttle & the correct intake length... Superstar...

AXS
02-02-2010, 02:26 AM
the s2 inlet manifold is 64mm and i want to match it to my 68mm s2 tb, yonas at jdm yard does not port... the s2 inlet manifolds are able to be ported 10mm from standard s2 inlet manifold without weakening the wall and still gives enough gap not to effect the iavc...thanks for the advice and all but id like to be directed to someone or some business that may help me with what im after...

toda au do you guys port??? if so how much and when will i be able to bring it over to get it done?

TODA AU
02-02-2010, 09:00 AM
the s2 inlet manifold is 64mm and i want to match it to my 68mm s2 tb, yonas at jdm yard does not port... the s2 inlet manifolds are able to be ported 10mm from standard s2 inlet manifold without weakening the wall and still gives enough gap not to effect the iavc...thanks for the advice and all but id like to be directed to someone or some business that may help me with what im after...

toda au do you guys port??? if so how much and when will i be able to bring it over to get it done?

Fair enough, it's your money...
We do port in house... Cost would be $100 to match the throttle. (Port manifold)

beeza
02-02-2010, 09:20 AM
Do it do it!

AXS
02-02-2010, 02:20 PM
Fair enough, it's your money...
We do port in house... Cost would be $100 to match the throttle. (Port manifold)

thanks whats your name so i know who to refer to when i come in???

beeza
02-02-2010, 02:21 PM
Adrian :)