PDA

View Full Version : USB Interface... doesn't look like xcarlink

CivicSi
01-02-2010, 04:37 PM
Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anyone has this USB interface in their car? Looks like it'd be pretty good... anyone got any feedback or comments....

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290397483533&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en

Cheers!

xxb4xx
01-02-2010, 04:40 PM
it is.. it's the other version of it that plays USB and Cards.. the Ipod one is a similar unit but with the ipod cable and a 3.5mm input jack also..

I like mine, I got the ipod one, and it works really well

CivicSi
01-02-2010, 04:58 PM
Ok cool, I think i'd prefer this one.... gonna have to get it!

How hard are they to install? I'll probably take it to a pro, but does anyone have an idea of price to get it put in?

Also, do you loose the ability to play CDs with these?

kimnkk
01-02-2010, 05:30 PM
I have something similar and you can easily do it yourself. I'm pretty noob with car electronics and cars as a whole but i managed to get mine in with minimum fuss. The hardest part was getting the compartment/covers off, the rest was a piece of cake. Took me about an hour but if you know how to get the panels on/off fast, probably could do it in like 20 minutes.

Nah, CD stacker still works, you're just routing it through CDC or something, so its an extra play mode.

CivicSi
01-02-2010, 06:13 PM
I've searched.... doesn't seem to be a walkthough for this? Anybody aware of one on any other sites?

euromandeluxe
01-02-2010, 08:05 PM
here you go, courtesy of Mattel,

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111622&highlight=Xcarlink

the pictures are missing, but a couple of months ago I found that when I highlighted the entire DIY and copied it to Microsoft word, thr pictures suddenly appeared out of nowhere in the word document! weird. you can ignore thr bits about the Bluetooth module if you didn't buy that part.

enjoy the DIY, it's pretty simple, and the Xcarlink is really convenient!

CivicSi
01-02-2010, 09:33 PM
Thanks heaps man.... if I knew how to rep you I would! (Not sure that I can actually... 3 yrs old newcomer ftw!)

xxb4xx
02-02-2010, 09:13 AM
it's pretty easy to pop in dude, the only thing is, when it's all connected you will get an option for CD3 and CD4.. don't know why, but my xcarlink only works on CD4.. not sure why or what the CD3 is for.. and nope it's not for the 3.5mm input jack

euromandeluxe
02-02-2010, 02:04 PM
mine always goes to cd4, which is the mode here you can't use the iPod to control songs. you can press 'disc +' to change to disc 1, where you can contol the iPod. it's annoying

euromandeluxe
02-02-2010, 02:07 PM
Thanks heaps man.... if I knew how to rep you I would! (Not sure that I can actually... 3 yrs old newcomer ftw!)

haha, to rep, you click the little button with the picture of the blue box that's directly under the user's trade rating in the sidebar to the left of
their post. heh heh heh