PDA

View Full Version : which Muffler to get

tangyoonee
01-02-2010, 05:27 PM
Hi guys,

I'm lookin to get new or used muffler for my H23A civic.
current one is too loud and not very pleasent noise.
I no vtec roars so nice with nice muffler.
problem is I don't kno which one it is.
I heard b16a with sports muffler which costs 150bucks sounded pretty gd. are they any gd?
I want somethin affordable with nice deep sound and best vtec sound.
where is the best place to go?
thanks boys

LLS
01-02-2010, 05:32 PM
Try Race Nation on the traders here.. they sell X-force twin loops.. which aren't too loud.

defect
01-02-2010, 05:50 PM
i got a magnaflow axle back for ek.
flows good, sounds great on vtec

TheSaint
01-02-2010, 09:49 PM
how do you avoid the buzz? i have been avoiding getting an exhaust for my car for ages because almost EVERY exhaust i have heard on a honda buzzes

Zilli
02-02-2010, 07:24 AM
the buzz is usually associated with the straight through cannon style mufflers... try an oval or twin look dude

ivtecep3
02-02-2010, 08:19 AM
if u don't want an exhaust thats too loud, def go for a twinloop from xforce, the tone tends to be much deeper because it has to go through twice, they sound tough during idle and if u got vtec when u rev it its still gonna sound solid just make sure u get a nice welder to fit it for you.

as for the buzzing, rattle and any undesired noises in an exhaust, it really depends on how u go on setting the rest of it up whether u wanna go with straight pipes, resonators and etc..... cause you can go from having soomething that sounds like a v8, to something thats really quiet or even quiet raspy....speak to some exhaust shops or try going to akmotorworks, or mod project racing. they do some custom work so u can keep going until u get the sound u want. just a matter of changing the parts

tangyoonee
02-02-2010, 09:51 AM
if u don't want an exhaust thats too loud, def go for a twinloop from xforce, the tone tends to be much deeper because it has to go through twice, they sound tough during idle and if u got vtec when u rev it its still gonna sound solid just make sure u get a nice welder to fit it for you.

as for the buzzing, rattle and any undesired noises in an exhaust, it really depends on how u go on setting the rest of it up whether u wanna go with straight pipes, resonators and etc..... cause you can go from having soomething that sounds like a v8, to something thats really quiet or even quiet raspy....speak to some exhaust shops or try going to akmotorworks, or mod project racing. they do some custom work so u can keep going until u get the sound u want. just a matter of changing the parts

How much is twinloop xforce? where can I get it done?
thanks

tangyoonee
02-02-2010, 10:05 AM
Has anyone experienced Charlestone Exhaust at Blacktown sunyholt rd?
They quoted 150 bucks fitted with new less noise muffler.

Limbo
02-02-2010, 10:21 AM
i got a magnaflow axle back for ek.
flows good, sounds great on vtec

i got one of these they are great!:thumbsup:

TheSaint
02-02-2010, 10:24 AM
i have a magnaflow on my subaru and its awsome

you can get twinloops from racenation in the trader section

i have heard twinloops be buzzy as well btw =/

tangyoonee
02-02-2010, 10:44 AM
i got one of these they are great!:thumbsup:

How much are they? will it sound better without changin muffler to twinloop?

TheSaint
02-02-2010, 11:15 AM
they are deeper than twinloops ... less revvy but more audible at all rev ranges

MWAKU
02-02-2010, 12:04 PM
or you can cut the shit and get a genuine mugen twinloop from one of the traders here.

if you want to know how it sounds, jump on youtube and look it up.

TheSaint
02-02-2010, 12:12 PM
better still ... get a mugen catback =D

was one of the most expensive things i ever bought for my car but one of the best!!!