PDA

View Full Version : ebay short throw shifters - good or bad

WA-EG
01-02-2010, 06:21 PM
hey people,

well as the title suggests, just wondering if anyone has purchased and is using these items? does it make much difference. What sort of quality are they and how hard are they to fit?

boy180
01-02-2010, 06:33 PM
pretty awesome id say, got mine from just jap in kirrawee, sydney for about $25. assumingly there about the same quality anyways, esp for the price id pay. other than that should only take less then an hr to install, got an ek so nt sure about the eg. quality = nt sure yet! haha used mine for about a year or so now and nothing wrong with it..

dougie_504
01-02-2010, 08:09 PM
A friend of mine put one in his JDM CRX and said that it was crap - next time he's just going BC or something similar.

If you want to try it go ahead, but if it doesn't live up to expectations I guess you can't be too surprised.

~Sp33~
02-02-2010, 09:18 AM
I've never heard great things about them, seems to just make it more difficult to shift.

If you're getting the shift cables and linkages with it as well it may not be an issue, but most people just think that by reducing the lever height you have a short throw shifter.

If you move the pivot height when you get the short throw, it should shift as smooth as stock.

Limbo
02-02-2010, 10:20 AM
Short shifter is a great bang for buck, just depends on which short shifter you get.
Some of the ebay ones are good and some are bad.

Just depends on the make of them, its abit of potluck with Ebay sometimes

flipfire
02-02-2010, 10:39 AM
I DIY'd one on mine, not sure what brand though, it just came extra when i got the car.

I like it better than stock, throw is reduced by heaps. Feels more firm when shifting

You get better results with ITR shift linkage and bushings

hitoriko
02-02-2010, 09:15 PM
ITR shift linkage and bushings is that for all 90+ models or only using same engine trans setup?