PDA

View Full Version : Noob DC2R question, help me

Mr EG
01-02-2010, 11:09 PM
Hey, I wanna know a few things about these beast.

1) What is an average price of a stock DC2R? And what price is a rort?

2) What is a decent KM's for DC2R? And what is considered high?

3) I'm really digging the black, white or yellow colours for DC2R. But just wanna know what colour would be the best? I have a black EG and I think it gets really dirty, you can see swirl marks etc... does this happen with all black cars?

4) Anything I should check before buying a DC2R?

Thanks!

hisoka
01-02-2010, 11:41 PM
15000 or less for a dc2r with around 150k is good.

Lepperfish
02-02-2010, 05:36 AM
Hey, I wanna know a few things about these beast.

1) What is an average price of a stock DC2R? And what price is a rort?

2) What is a decent KM's for DC2R? And what is considered high?

3) I'm really digging the black, white or yellow colours for DC2R. But just wanna know what colour would be the best? I have a black EG and I think it gets really dirty, you can see swirl marks etc... does this happen with all black cars?

4) Anything I should check before buying a DC2R?

Thanks!

Your asking a pretty broad question dude...

Average price should depend on the condition of the vehicle. Depends how fussy you are with your purchase. Do you want a shitter for 15k or a clean log booked one/two owner for 20k ish?

There are DC2R's with 25,000 km or 200,000 km. Average would be around the 100,000 km mark.

Black or yellow was my preferred choice when purchasing. I just bought the first one that came up that I liked, which happened to be yellow. Couldn't be happier. If I got black I would always have wanted yellow. But since I got yellow I have never craved the black model.

Black usually shows up heaps of swirl marks and gets dirty easier. This shouldn't deter you from purchasing the colour of your choice though.

As with any car, you should check for the usual things. If you search this forum you will come up with a bunch of useful information. If you can't find what your after i'm sure the friendly folk here will be more then happy to assist you in any questions you may have..

Zilli
02-02-2010, 07:37 AM
agreed... a lot of these cars have now been molested by P Platers... these are the ones you will find for between 10-15... anything above that seems to be cleaner and relatively unmolested... or if modified, owned by a true enthsiast not a fan boy

do a search, there is a lot of information on our forum about this

1900-hustler
02-02-2010, 12:56 PM
my 2 cents worth brah

expect to pay 12-22k for one
average price is about 15k with most over 120k kms (oldest models being more than 10 years old now)

for example:

mine is a late 2000 model with 134k kms on it..
owned it for the last 5 years and bought it with 78k kms back in late 2004 (which was HEAPS higher than all the others on market)

dint phase me cos it was well taken care of

unforunately mine copped alot of sh*t (no fault of my own - just jealous kids badging, keying my ride)

because of that i can only sell it for a max of 14-16k due to that damage on the outside but i tell ya what - its probably one of the most solid drives out of all the ITRs ive driven.. and has been commented on by alot of friends and also the boys at hannys
(but not like matters to buyers.. they would rather have a nice lookin shell instead of a well maintained & mechanicially sound car)

ps black is a pain in the arse lol - next car will definately not be black

mrmango
02-02-2010, 09:11 PM
i got mine 2 weeks ago:)

YELLOW, 152,XXXkm's stock as a rock apart from a headunit, 2 amps and 2 subs.

picked it up for 15.500...... i reckon it was worth it :)