PDA

View Full Version : Ant infestation!

Bigpauly2788
02-02-2010, 05:36 PM
Hi guys

I climbed into my car today and found f***in ants crawling on my doors and dash!

Has anyone had this problem in the past???

What can i do to eliminate the bastards from popping up again !?!

regards

Paul

FLICK
02-02-2010, 07:03 PM
Im a Pest Controller. $150 and its gone. Pm Me for details

FLICK
02-02-2010, 07:10 PM
I've actually been approached by Honda and i've been asked why is there Ants commonly in Accord's. Im dumbfounded why there would only be in that particular model. Something in those ECU. Ive actually told them to give me the ECU so i can take it to my entimologist to see what is attracting those ants. But i never heard back from them.

sodaz
02-02-2010, 07:24 PM
I don't know anybody with the same problem but I wouldn't use anything too strong chemically inside your car cause you'll be breathing the fumes even if your windows are open. It will stink and it's also poisonous. Give the car a good clean, vacuum and kill the ants with your hand as you see them. Unless there's a nest in there it should go away.

FLICK
02-02-2010, 07:34 PM
I don't know anybody with the same problem but I wouldn't use anything too strong chemically inside your car cause you'll be breathing the fumes even if your windows are open. It will stink and it's also poisonous. Give the car a good clean, vacuum and kill the ants with your hand as you see them. Unless there's a nest in there it should go away.

my chemicals are odourless. Harmless. I spray childcare centers while there still operating. Safe and effective. Pest control is not the way it use to be.:thumbsup:

r-r-redEuro
02-02-2010, 07:53 PM
do you park on the grass or driveway, is your car actually clean and not having food around ? like little crumbs etc.

Bigpauly2788
02-02-2010, 08:00 PM
my car is spotless most of the time i never eat in it and rarely do i drink anything in it. i park in my garage and park in a car park at work (outside) although i think i will park in a different spot tomorrow LOL! i will clean my car tomorrow as well !

xntrik
02-02-2010, 08:58 PM
spray a circle around your car. lol

Darkii_
02-02-2010, 10:53 PM
Had the same problem once, parked on some grass and had heaps of these big ants crawling around my car, up my leg and shit

Few days of picking them out one by one and chucking them out the window they disappeared eventually lol

tron07
03-02-2010, 08:10 AM
try use those mortein bomb... park in your garage, close the garage door, open all the car doors and let go one of them. bomb the garage with your car in it and let the fine mist kill all of them, wipe it after the bomb and vaccum the car.

Only thing is the bomb mist/residue might damage the car paint or interrior if left there. Wash or wipe it down after the bomb. I have use it in the house before, I didnt cause any damage to the stuffs in the house. kills all the flies, fleas, mites, ants, etc...

djpro1
03-02-2010, 09:21 AM
i had ants crawling on top of the top of the car as well.. hope theyre not chewing through my car :(

spray a circle around your car. lol

that'd work too haha

aaronng
03-02-2010, 09:51 AM
try use those mortein bomb... park in your garage, close the garage door, open all the car doors and let go one of them. bomb the garage with your car in it and let the fine mist kill all of them, wipe it after the bomb and vaccum the car.

Only thing is the bomb mist/residue might damage the car paint or interrior if left there. Wash or wipe it down after the bomb. I have use it in the house before, I didnt cause any damage to the stuffs in the house. kills all the flies, fleas, mites, ants, etc...

Mortein bombs are toxic. Better off getting a professional who has access to non toxic pest control products.

aaronng
03-02-2010, 09:52 AM
i had ants crawling on top of the top of the car as well.. hope theyre not chewing through my car :(

Once, I drove to canberra in spring and had lots of bugs on my front bumper. I parked the car at a friend's place and when I came back out, there were huge 1 cm ants all over the bumper helping me clean the dead bugs off! Scary seeing so many of them on the car.

tron07
03-02-2010, 11:35 AM
Mortein bombs are toxic. Better off getting a professional who has access to non toxic pest control products.

most pesticide are toxic anyway

Snowcone
03-02-2010, 03:18 PM
Bomb shouldn't hurt anything in the car. Afterall it is designed to be set off inside a house which has vinyl and leather furniture and kitchens have 2 pack paint.

aaronng
03-02-2010, 03:28 PM
most pesticide are toxic anyway

The plant-based ones are toxic to insects but not to humans. They are used in that raid timer thing that they sell now and you can use that even in the dining room. You can't use Mortein bomb near any food and in fact you are supposed to wash all your dishes and cutlery if they were exposed to mortein bomb.

Limbo
03-02-2010, 04:16 PM
i put a morten bomb in my car. Cos the ants built a nest in my car
Fogged up the dash abit, but it seem to go away after a couple of weeks.

I had to leave the doors open for a day

jks24
03-02-2010, 04:51 PM
someones been eating in their car :p

euro27
07-02-2010, 09:01 PM
Hi guys

I climbed into my car today and found f***in ants crawling on my doors and dash!

Has anyone had this problem in the past???

What can i do to eliminate the bastards from popping up again !?!

regards

Paul

Had the same problem a while back, just bought some ant rid from Bunnings and sqitrd it strategically round the car, in the nooks and crannies and they disappeared. Ant ird cheap and has no smell, good luck !

phantom_civic
25-02-2010, 12:57 PM
LOL happened to my CL9 as well! was parking at ffld station on a nest.
came back from work and it they had come into my car!
sprayed mortein into the gap section between thd door and bottom parcel and washed the car! all gone
lol