PDA

View Full Version : [VIC] Toll charges on Eastlink!

DA9B18C
03-02-2010, 10:54 AM
Riders,

Was anyone aware that there are toll chargers for riding A MOTORBIKE on the Eastlink??

Eastlink customer service claim there is appropriate signage! LOL Yeh Right!

So if u dont know, now u no :thumbdwn:

shadou
03-02-2010, 10:56 AM
wtf every melbournian knows the Eastlink is a tolled stretch of highway, just like the citylink; wtf it was advertised like a billion times, and they even sent you flyers of charges and shit and even had a temp store in box hill for information and shit and before the last 2 exits (blackburn and springvale) it has a huge blue sigh saying TOLL WAY AHEAD, should look at them it's very big and pretty and blue and fkin impossible to miss and i hardly think bikes get away with it.

Riced_Civic
03-02-2010, 11:22 AM
OMG as if u didnt know and u live in melbourne.

DA9B18C
03-02-2010, 11:27 AM
!EDIT!

Motorcyclist only.

keep your Flamming to ureself.

Raztaz
03-02-2010, 11:36 AM
why should a bike be free of charge when you are using the same stretch of road as the cars? It does say tollway ahead lol

shadou
03-02-2010, 04:44 PM
lol you have to pay rego on a bike to use the roads so naturally one would assume the same would apply to all rego paying vehicles using a tolled piece of road, plus it's under <$5 isn't it for a once off trip?

m3ntAL_l2
03-02-2010, 05:07 PM
i think he was not aware untill they sent him the bill/fine in the mail.. there is no need to get all emotional

dynasty
03-02-2010, 05:12 PM
lol Eastlink has always tolled motorbikes because it has 2 cameras at the check points which takes front and back rego plates, remember the whole hype about introducing front number plates to bikers just so that they can save money and build just 1 camera like citylink?
Citylink on the other hand only has 1 camera which takes a picture of the front rego plates only so bikes can get away with no etag (i havn't been on it for almost a year now so i dont know if they have changed that so dont quote me)

DA9B18C
03-02-2010, 09:52 PM
i think he was not aware untill they sent him the bill/fine in the mail.. there is no need to get all emotional

correct,

im use to citylink, so of coarse im under the impression there was no charge.

so all u east siders that are quite clear on the rules cos u use it everyday.

CALM THE F@k DOWN. :thumbdwn:

this thread was created to make people aware so they dont get stung.
wether its under $5 or not.

Spoon DA9R
04-02-2010, 01:04 PM
yeh citylink is free..not eastlink...they did have signs up on the freeway when they first started the freeway showing how much it'll be charged for cars, trucks and bikes...if they removed it then its pretty dodgy....at the time when i saw the sign i was thinking to myself..."damn...50cents to pass here on a bike?"

KofS2s
17-02-2010, 10:10 AM
what? citylink is free for bikes?? legally free or because of the one camera thingy?

Spoon DA9R
17-02-2010, 12:07 PM
legally free

TypeG
17-02-2010, 06:29 PM
are you guys find citylink a bit too price for what it is?
consider $6.XX to get in from Toorak rd to the city....
i dont mind paying that amount of money but any day in the morning I can only reach 20km/hr lol

AP1 F20c
18-02-2010, 09:08 AM
In Australia, all chargeable motorways apply to all forms of road registered vehicle(s) including motorbikes. This should not come as a surprise to any bike owner, they have specific e-tag brackets for motorbikes.

Spoon DA9R
18-02-2010, 09:28 AM
In Australia, all chargeable motorways apply to all forms of road registered vehicle(s) including motorbikes. This should not come as a surprise to any bike owner, they have specific e-tag brackets for motorbikes.

except in melbourne M1 is free for bikes

sendok
24-08-2010, 10:06 AM
Yeah I heard that M1 is free for bikes, since they only miss out on bikes then they declare free for bikes, I got few friends ride through citylink everyday. But, since there is many confussion, we need to find a statement from their website or somewhere mentioning these.