PDA

View Full Version : car choices, dc2 or new civic

Chrissy
04-02-2010, 12:39 AM
hey ide been looking for a nice honda vtec for a long time and when my brothers friend said he was selling his dc2 with a stock b20 vtec setup i jumped straight away and bout it.. i put full type r interior in it and a 5 stud setup..

after about 6 months of driving it i dont think its the car for me.. i love the power and all but cons include: very jerky, rattles and noises when i drive (especially at high revs) not comfortable to sit in, and no leg room at the back. lately ive been look at the 8th gen civic sedans and i really like them and just want some opinions on what to do .. im really lost and cant stand the though of driving my car as a daily drive anymore.

i spent 15k all up on my car including rego

xntrik
04-02-2010, 01:10 AM
If you like the 8th gen civics and dont like your car, then get one.

but i highly doubt a non-typeR with a b20 would get the price you're asking for.
especially if the chasis is a DC2 GSI. (Sad but thats the real world)

what did you do to spend 15k on that dc2 anyway if it already came with the b20.

NSPYRE
04-02-2010, 01:55 AM
i think the OP meant the car + mods + rego + insurance was $15k all up...

xntrik
04-02-2010, 02:12 AM
Then ignore the last line of what I wrote.

p3akin
04-02-2010, 09:54 AM
you cant really expect to get your rego and insurance money back when ur selling ur car.. its just part of nature.. i think you should have this in the forsale setion..??

Zilli
04-02-2010, 10:09 AM
no selling for newcomers mate. As i can see your thread isnt PURELY about selling, i've edited your first post rather than deleting it completely

I suggest you go and drive the car you are intereted in, and research the prices that people are paying for them, and what your car is realistically worth when compared to a similar vehicle.

If you refer to the possibility of selling your car and a price you are after again in this thread i'll delete it and infract you.

Cheers!

Chrissy
09-02-2010, 11:32 PM
no selling for newcomers mate. As i can see your thread isnt PURELY about selling, i've edited your first post rather than deleting it completely

I suggest you go and drive the car you are intereted in, and research the prices that people are paying for them, and what your car is realistically worth when compared to a similar vehicle.

If you refer to the possibility of selling your car and a price you are after again in this thread i'll delete it and infract you.

Cheers!

i never said i was trying to sell it here and now.. and didnt even say i had concluded that i want to sell it at all... just wanted the forum to get an idea of what i was driving and what mods it had...

its just i dont know anyone with the new civics or really heard about what potential they have or all round how they rank.. pretty much i like the shape and the interior.. but im not to sure if it will suit me as a daily drive

JOhnnyFD
09-02-2010, 11:46 PM
the 8th gen civics come pretty much in 3 trims (in 2 models): VTI, VTI-L (FD1) & Sport (FD2)

i drive a VTI FD1 and it has a 1.8L R18A engine (103kw), its good daily car... comfortable ride, fuel efficient if driven properly and yet has performance when needed especially in between the low-mid rev range

the FD2 comes in a 2.0L K20Z2 engine (114kw).. and that comes in the Sport trim having all the extra comforts and extra power in the high rev range

in terms of potential mods if interested, check out the 2001 above civic threads

Zilli
10-02-2010, 05:58 AM
i never said i was trying to sell it here and now.. and didnt even say i had concluded that i want to sell it at all... just wanted the forum to get an idea of what i was driving and what mods it had...

its just i dont know anyone with the new civics or really heard about what potential they have or all round how they rank.. pretty much i like the shape and the interior.. but im not to sure if it will suit me as a daily drive

whihc is exactly why i removed only the bits that were referring to your itnerest in selling which would encourage people to contact you with offers. You can only sell on this site once you are a member.

Good luck... again, go and test drive the cars

TheSaint
10-02-2010, 08:57 AM
you can get the civic type-r in an Si model now as well .. might be worth a look

the K20 model will definatly have more support for modding ... but if you just want a comfortable car to cruise around in than the VTI models will be fine =)

only thing i dont like about them is a slight blind spot in the A pillars

trentd
10-02-2010, 01:18 PM
all depends on the type of person you are and what you like.