PDA

View Full Version : CL9 Euro Replica Mugen Lipkit

Simonnn
04-02-2010, 10:45 AM
Hey guys, just wondering if anyone has personally purchased this kit (http://firesport.com.au/honda-euro-mugen-lip-kit-full-car-trading-point-sales--ad145131.htm) for the euro. I have been told that OTR sells quality replica kits, but would like some more opinions/pictures!

Also, the guy at OTR quoted me $750 for spray and fitting (is that cheap or expensive considering its a lipkit and not a bodykit?). If possible I would prefer to spray it at a shop and fit it myself as I hear lip kits are quite easy to fit. So my second question is if anyone can suggest me a paint shop in Melbourne, preferabally near the SE suburbs, that will do a decent job for a good price. Obviously I know that you get what you pay for, but hopefully there are some decent cheap painters out there!

I have tried searching throughout the forum and havent been able to find much.. apart from a shop in Nunawading, but that was a post made in 2005 :(

The car is graphite in colour, please help a noob out! :p

MWAKU
04-02-2010, 03:44 PM
repsrays for a lip usually cost like 200 ea lip at a shop, if its backyard usually around 100..

so u have 4 pieces @ 150-200$ a peice, 600-800$. so 750$ for painting, front lip, two side skirts, and a rear lip + installation doesn't sound too bad.

Mr.DC2
06-02-2010, 07:36 PM
I just brought a replica mugen lip kit from OTR today everything seems alrite.

heres a link that mite help you out

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=122908&highlight=euro+mugen+kit&page=4

Simonnn
06-02-2010, 07:37 PM
Would love to see pics of the finished product Mr DC2! where are you planning on getting it painted/fitted?

FDBenni
06-02-2010, 08:22 PM
I bought a mugen kit for the FD civic at OTR and it was perfect fitment, no gaps at all, so definately quality. I got mine painted for $600. PM me if you want the shop, but I'm pretty sure there are other places out there that could be cheaper.

Simonnn
06-02-2010, 11:51 PM
Thanks for the reply to my PM Benni! very nice looking car + kit you have, gives me more confidence with OTR bodykits. I think i'll be going ahead with the kit haha :D