PDA

View Full Version : 5zigen ProRacer DC5 Catback. - opinions please

markis
04-02-2010, 12:08 PM
My good mate just gave me a 5zigen ProRacer ZZ (i believe) catback for a DC5R.

can anyone comment on this catback. gains, note and personal opinions please..

and yes i did search a few times and nothing specific to my question.:D

cheers
mark.

r3ckless
04-02-2010, 12:10 PM
it is known that you'll lose power with this on !

markis
04-02-2010, 12:12 PM
http://www.modyourcar.com.au/5zigen-pro-racer-zz-exhaust--092004-on-honda-integra-abadc5-k20a-p6271

here we are

TK38
04-02-2010, 12:12 PM
Some people were posting up on clubitr (i think) that 5zigen exhausts are not good for gains on DC5. And are likely to give losses.

markis
04-02-2010, 12:37 PM
ok well i had a gander over on clubitr and i saw the posts. i checked the exhaust yesterday and i see wher the power is going. its hitting a wall basically. the silencer is very restrictive. i think ill just get that cut out. should then be a relatively more free flowing exhaust. my question is cutting that out is gonna increase flow and lessen back pressure. wouldnt that be bad?

lmfamglia
04-02-2010, 05:53 PM
why not just get something that is proven? instead of going through all that hassle.

bbds
04-02-2010, 08:58 PM
just get a custom made one, cost u half the price!

markis
04-02-2010, 09:47 PM
i could go sell this and buy something of the shelf for 1k+ or i could just cut it up. keeping in mind i got this of a mate.

has anyone done anything similar, taking the restrictive resonator out for a more free flowing hotdog type?

cheers mark.

TypeS
05-02-2010, 12:17 AM
I highly doubt, anyone has done anything similar.

First of all, the thought of bringing a hacksaw near the close proximity of "JDM" tubes, is nothing short of gut-wrenching.

If your wondering why? Because JDM is the euphoria of the Honda fanboy. We live and swear by it, despite knowing, that a Taiwanese Factory, may in fact be behind it all.

Secondly as a fanboy, When one, finds a product which performs, we all herd up like good sheep and follow suit. Not only does the product, acquire the "proven" status, but we effectively sign away our balls to try anything new.

You have a golden opportunity, in a free exhaust. Experiment with it.

Otherwise, we may all end up driving the same modified cars, not that we don't already.

markis
05-02-2010, 12:48 AM
I highly doubt, anyone has done anything similar.

First of all, the thought of bringing a hacksaw near the close proximity of "JDM" tubes, is nothing short of gut-wrenching.

If your wondering why? Because JDM is the euphoria of the Honda fanboy. We live and swear by it, despite knowing, that a Taiwanese Factory, may in fact be behind it all.

Secondly as a fanboy, When one, finds a product which performs, we all herd up like good sheep and follow suit. Not only does the product, acquire the "proven" status, but we effectively sign away our balls to try anything new.

You have a golden opportunity, in a free exhaust. Experiment with it.

Otherwise, we may all end up driving the same modified cars, not that we don't already.

ahaha mate ur hilarious. that made my day.:wave: btw if ur brisbane send me a pm im keen to meet some other non generic vtec club fanboys like urself.:D

l__i__l
21-04-2010, 04:49 PM
i could go sell this and buy something of the shelf for 1k+ or i could just cut it up. keeping in mind i got this of a mate.

has anyone done anything similar, taking the restrictive resonator out for a more free flowing hotdog type?

cheers mark.

mate did u end up taking the resonator out??

interested in the results i'm thinking off doing something similar

dan89
10-05-2010, 10:45 AM
I have taken the resonator out of my Pro racer and it feels alot more free flowing compared to when the resonator was on. not much of a diffrence in sound.