PDA

View Full Version : on idle car has no revs?

slow_poke
04-02-2010, 06:12 PM
Hey people as title states when i'm on idle i have no revs which is quite irritating that i gotta get the revs up higher than normal when taking off at the lights.
Note: only started after not driving car for a week.

Hopefully someone can help cheers!

OMG.JAI xD
04-02-2010, 06:36 PM
Start off with.
What kind of car. (engine wise)
Any mods?
Does it happen when its cold or hot.
On the last service what was replaced if any.
Has the throttle body been tampered with in anyway (ie, changed or removed, bored etc)
Did you or has anyone ever used or sprayed any sort of manifold cleaner through the throttle body?

And lastly. What do you mean by no revs. As in the revs are low? Whats the revs sitting at? Does it ever stall?

slow_poke
04-02-2010, 08:10 PM
Start off with.
What kind of car. (engine wise)
Any mods?
Does it happen when its cold or hot.
On the last service what was replaced if any.
Has the throttle body been tampered with in anyway (ie, changed or removed, bored etc)
Did you or has anyone ever used or sprayed any sort of manifold cleaner through the throttle body?

And lastly. What do you mean by no revs. As in the revs are low? Whats the revs sitting at? Does it ever stall?

i got a d15b7
exhaust system,pod filter
nothing replaced,besides yesterday was my sparkies and gasket seal, but this occurred before i replaced them still is doing same.
i believe it does it when it's hot because after about 10mins starts doing it, goes on and off after that.
nah throttle same
nope no cleaning.
the revs are dead on the pin so basically 0.
Doesn't stall though.

dougie_504
04-02-2010, 09:51 PM
My B16A CRX sometimes doesn't get revs up and stalls, even though it's optimal temperature.

My mechanic advised cleaning my TB and IM to free up the breathing, just in case there's a buildup of 'crap' in there which might restric idle breathing.
Try Suburu Engine Cleaner, has a bit of a rep on forums, but apparently it's no different to any regular carby cleaner.