PDA

View Full Version : Hitorikos Civic

Pages : [1] 2

hitoriko
04-02-2010, 06:29 PM
Hey guys,

Well i figured i may aswell post up my car and my build ideas the future for my daily and (occasional track use)

Plans are in italic
Parts Arrived not fitted underline
Parts fitted in Bold

Here Goes:
Frost White EG5 Civic VTi Hatch

Engine:
D16Y1
- Stage 1 Cam
- Aftermarket Adjustable Cam Gear
- Aftermarket Timing Belt
- Aftermarket Spark Leads
- Aftermarket Lightened Pulley
- Mishimoto Radiator & Std Fan Setup
- YOWAI-SS Cooling Plate
- Custom CAI & POD
- Genie Extractors (Heat Wraped) & Hi Flow CAT
- 2.25" Custom Exhaust
- Muffler
- Resi Socks
- Silicon Water Pipes
- Custom Painted Rocker (Prolly Blue & White)

Gearbox & Clutch:
- Braided Clutch Line
- ITR Shift Linkage
- Exedy HD Clutch
- Lightened Flywheel

Suspension:
- Front Strut Brace
- Ultra Racing 4pt Rear Strut Bar
- Pedders Lowered Springs & Shockers
- Type R Rear Swaybar
- Type R Front SwayBar
- BLOX LCA Red
- Beaks Rear Lower Tie Bar

Brakes:
- Braided Brake Lines

Interior:
- JDM Dash Cluster
- Blue Tree Air Freshner
- JJR Short Shifter
- ITR Gear Boot
- MUGEN Gearknob
- JDM EG Honda Civic High Rise Armrest Console
- EG Civic Toy

Audio:
- Pioneer 8950BT HU
- Front: Alpine Type-R Splits
- Rear: JBL 6x9 3-Way Speakers
- Alpine Type-R Sub
- Alpine V12 Amp

Exterior:
- Amber Indicators
- HIDs
- Genuine Honda Headlight Protectors
- Genuine Honda WeatherShields
- Fog Lamps
- Black Bonnet
- Darkest Legal Window Tint All Round
- Front Bar Lip - Spoon Style
- Sideskirts - Spoon Style
- Rear Bar Lip - Spoon Style
- Blue Tow Hooks
- Ozhonda Sticker

Wheels:
- D1Spec Wheel Nuts (Blue)
- 17" Project D1 Staggered (F17 R17.5 - Street
- 15" with good offsets - Track Use

So what do you guys think?

damienm
04-02-2010, 06:31 PM
is this all on the d series motor?

ekcoupe
04-02-2010, 06:56 PM
sounds good, that wont give the d series much of a power gain but it will feel much better to drive good luck with ur build
post up some pics of ur car:D

JasonGilholme
04-02-2010, 07:08 PM
cool, you're on my side of town. Would love to see the car. Lots of plans for it!!

hitoriko
04-02-2010, 07:15 PM
is this all on the d series motor?

Yep Standard D16Y1 with just over 200km on the clock

sounds good, that wont give the d series much of a power gain but it will feel much better to drive good luck with ur build
post up some pics of ur car:D

the front needs a respray so no pics until i get it looking better (will take some before and after ones though :P)

cool, you're on my side of town. Would love to see the car. Lots of plans for it!!

Hey mate, yeh lots-o-plans but there not major ones the most expensive stuff will be last because then i'll be forced to save for them heheh

Where out west are you?

Mugen_B16B
04-02-2010, 07:18 PM
i wouldnt wanna waste money on a d16y1 with 200+ k's yet alone a d series, ur gonna want more power later on in which y not save urself the trouble and sell that d and pick urself up a b16a or a b18c2

hitoriko
04-02-2010, 07:29 PM
i wouldnt wanna waste money on a d16y1 with 200+ k's yet alone a d series, ur gonna want more power later on in which y not save urself the trouble and sell that d and pick urself up a b16a or a b18c2

because i dont have 4k for an engine swap :( - and being that its going to be my daily when the engine dies then i'll look into engine swaps but until then its staying a D :P

TheSaint
04-02-2010, 07:31 PM
bisimoto for the win =)

cant wait to see how it turns out

ICYOIL
04-02-2010, 07:43 PM
because i dont have 4k for an engine swap :( - and being that its going to be my daily when the engine dies then i'll look into engine swaps but until then its staying a D :P

you should save for it then.. all you really need for the vti is the engine and ecu.. all the wiring is already there.. you would be mad not too..

but its your decision really, im not hating on you or anything.. just saying :)
in for pics as well when they come ;)

hitoriko
04-02-2010, 07:47 PM
yeah its nothing special - if it werent for the lil surface rust near the spoiler and the key scratches/ stone chips on the bonnet & guards it would have been very very clean - the interior is great though!

damienm
04-02-2010, 07:48 PM
all those engine mods are gonna set you back a fair bit, and the car is still going to be a nugget.
id rather just save for b16a

ICYOIL
04-02-2010, 07:51 PM
yeh you could build the d, to an extent and it could only just be on par with a stock b16..
but then all you would have to do it drop some cams that would run with the stock ecu then would shit all over the d

hitoriko
04-02-2010, 07:57 PM
as stated im working within my means - plus who knows down the track - for the moment this is what im running - i understand the b16 is the best engine for modding but im not able to spend the money on a b16 engine and the acompaning mods perhaps in the future but not now

enough with the b16 pushing! :P

JasonGilholme
04-02-2010, 08:14 PM
blah blah blah, same argument different day.

Why don't all us B Boys save up and get K swaps then.

Or just get the tape measure and our cocks out. hehe

hitoriko
04-02-2010, 08:49 PM
blah blah blah, same argument different day.

Why don't all us B Boys save up and get K swaps then.

Or just get the tape measure and our cocks out. hehe

there all afriad they wont measure up :P

haha its all in good fun

but at the same time if everyone did there cars with the same engines smae parts etc.. what fun would that be

TheSaint
04-02-2010, 08:49 PM
i have done up several honda engines now including b18c and b16 and i have to say im actually enjoy playing with the D series

its such as challenge to find interesting combinations and what works and what doesnt ... im actually enjoying it as a project ... not really fussed about big numbers but i am keen to see what i can squeeze out of a little D single banger without spending big money or going with a turbo =)

good luck ... cant wait to see how it goes =)

Alvis
04-02-2010, 09:13 PM
I applaud the thought that has gone into your plans; and while I also currently have a d series it's seriously not worth spending that much money on the engine.

IMOA I would be thinking longer term - a year down the track you'll look back and thank yourself for saving up that little bit more and getting something better, that you're ultimately going to be more happy with in the end (and smashing those other d series in a drag race).

Good luck in whatever you decide!

dougie_504
04-02-2010, 09:49 PM
Hey mate, good luck with the build and I hope we can catch up when I get back and maybe do some work together.

I love my D16Y1 in my EH VTi (also front white!) but I have to agree with some of what's said above. Don't build the D, for the sake of your hard-earned cash.
You'll get SFA from the mods you do to it because it's SOHC and when the engine dies that'll be money wasted. I know this because I've modded both my D16Y1 Civic and my B16A CRX and you'll get nothing but sound and looks on a SOHC. You'd see much better gains even in the D16A8 DOHC non-VTEC.
If you want power in your D16Y1, just boost it. Even 7-10 PSi on stock internals will see nice figures and you'll certainly smash some B-series.

That said...I do love my D and would love to build it if I had unlimited cash, but I don't, so I have to be realistic. The SOHC D isn't supposed to go hard if it's N/A :(

hitoriko
04-02-2010, 10:01 PM
spending 500 - 700 on a cam ($350), cam gear($100), lightened pully ($100) and timing belt ($100) isn't big money~!

you all seem to think im going to go nuts on this lil engine - im just making it more fun for every day and rare track use thats that

if i wanted a b16 im sure i could ahve found one, but most b's have been thrashed thats a fact.

but thanks for all your comments, and reguards to turbo - not gonna happen if i wanted a turbo again i would have gotten a s13/14 or skyline much more support here in aust and lots of different setups to get ideas from

TheSaint
04-02-2010, 10:20 PM
spending 500 - 700 on a cam ($350), cam gear($100), lightened pully ($100) and timing belt ($100) isn't big money~!

you all seem to think im going to go nuts on this lil engine - im just making it more fun for every day and rare track use thats that

if i wanted a b16 im sure i could ahve found one, but most b's have been thrashed thats a fact.

but thanks for all your comments, and reguards to turbo - not gonna happen if i wanted a turbo again i would have gotten a s13/14 or skyline much more support here in aust and lots of different setups to get ideas from

i agree ... i have subarus for my turbo needs =D

its costing me almost nothing to mod my D series as well and im enjoying it lol

dougie_504
04-02-2010, 10:23 PM
Yeah that's true actually, you only need half the cam stuff since there's only one :D

TheSaint
05-02-2010, 01:03 AM
for example ... my D15B7 Anti-Vtec Single Banger project at the moment:

D16a6 cam - $40
Bisimoto Adjustable Cam Gear - $120
D16z6 Intake Manifold - $50
CAI of your choice - $100-$200
Headers of your choice - $200-$300

stock throttle body is fine for the job, give the car a good service using Honda FEO oil and an S2000 Oil filter, OEM Coolant, some new spark plugs etc and it should yeild some interesting results

might go for a bisimoto stage2 cam and pro valve springs instead of the d16a6 cam tho ... not sure yet - than again the D cam is so cheap i could probably try both lol

dougie_504
05-02-2010, 01:35 AM
What will you make ATW? 60-70kw?

JasonGilholme
05-02-2010, 05:53 AM
might go for a bisimoto stage2 cam and pro valve springs instead of the d16a6 cam tho ... not sure yet - than again the D cam is so cheap i could probably try both lol

use them as drumsticks! lol

Good to see people that rock what they got :thumbsup:

I've played around with plenty of things that probably weren't worth my time, the important thing is i had fun and learnt alot.

Moded 1.4 litre barina ftw!! That was a fun little project. :cool:

hitoriko
05-02-2010, 06:11 AM
use them as drumsticks! lol

Good to see people that rock what they got :thumbsup:

I've played around with plenty of things that probably weren't worth my time, the important thing is i had fun and learnt alot.

Moded 1.4 litre barina ftw!! That was a fun little project. :cool:

i started modding nissan exa turbos! 1.5ltr sohc!

that car looked like a dor wedge but so fun to drive! (no in the wet)

dougie_504
05-02-2010, 08:18 AM
Good point Jason.

I'd love to build my D16Y1 but everytime I spend money on my civic, EG my DIY CAI or some headers...I just think ''man that's something I could have bought for my CRX...'' lol

So yeah...if the Civic was my only car sure I'd love to build it.

@OP: Can't wait to get home. Miss my cars lots. Will be cool to meet up and see this work in progress :D

~Sp33~
05-02-2010, 09:59 AM
What're your impressions on the bisi cam?

Why did you choose the stage 1?

Just after your opinion :)

TheSaint
05-02-2010, 10:42 AM
bisimoto makes some quality stuff

personally i opted for stage2 because it also has a stock idle and makes power over a higher rev range

i spose the only reason you would go for stage1 is fuel economy and lower end power

stock my D15B7 makes power from about 4000rpm to 6500rpm

~Sp33~
05-02-2010, 10:51 AM
Does the idle lope much? Is it unbearable out of the tuned power band?

TheSaint
05-02-2010, 11:52 AM
the F22B stage 2 has a smooth idle
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wDg2-2MG4s

the D15B7 stage 2 also seems smooth
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fK5SvE7buX8

not really sure what to make of this vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeTvDrxvTDM

this thing is just hecktic
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zN-Fq0WDaks&NR=1
list here:
http://www.d-series.org/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=25

beeza
05-02-2010, 05:49 PM
Oh nice Jase! hehehe

'Work with what ya got!'

Not everybody is lookin' for a Vtec killer that's gonna smoke all dem holdens :)

Let them speed off and laugh at them hahaha

The little Single Overhead banger is a fun little engine to whip around in after a few mods,that will never change.

Love the d.Love it.

hitoriko
05-02-2010, 06:00 PM
^^^^ exactly its not about being everythinng out there

~Sp33~
05-02-2010, 06:13 PM
Or beating.

beeza
05-02-2010, 06:18 PM
hehe.

It's bout' rollin' in style,like your Old Skool beauty! aye steve :)

will13
05-02-2010, 06:49 PM
Will be watching the progress of this car. Hitoriko, when you thinking of getting the cam?

~Sp33~
05-02-2010, 07:37 PM
hehe.

It's bout' rollin' in style,like your Old Skool beauty! aye steve :)

They see me rollin', they hatin'.... :cool:

hitoriko
05-02-2010, 08:21 PM
Will be watching the progress of this car. Hitoriko, when you thinking of getting the cam?

when funds allow! LOL

maybe by May (a bday present to myself!) - hopefully by then i can fix up the rest of the things - the engine isn't a great concern at the moment mostly just the suspension and exterior, it shits me having the chips and scratches so i'll fix them first

after buying the car, RW, Rego Transfer & Putting on My Custom Plates & Insurance i might be left with about 500 - 600 so theres the front respray and maybe better springs/shocks

just have to do it slowly :P

beeza
05-02-2010, 08:28 PM
Yeah that's what I did Hito.It's taken me 4 yrs to get to where I am and it's been an Awesome journey.I always just purchased car parts when I had some spare funds.

hitoriko
05-02-2010, 08:44 PM
First Post Updated!

TheSaint
05-02-2010, 10:03 PM
woo i juss ordered a D16a6 cam from USA ... ill let you know how it goes

hitoriko
05-02-2010, 10:17 PM
woo i juss ordered a D16a6 cam from USA ... ill let you know how it goes

PLEASE DO~!

can you also do a before and after dyno pretty please!

TheSaint
05-02-2010, 10:56 PM
dont even know if there IS a dyno in my town lol

after reading this thread i might still order a bisimoto stage2 tho lol

pat88c
05-02-2010, 11:20 PM
great move staying with D series motor for fun of see what it can make not for fact it will beat a B16a and even if you choose to stay with the D series there alot info on some of the US Honda forums that will help you
And the cost of rebuilding a D series would be cheaper than swap a series any day

i myself have a D series in my AUDM crx gen2 with D16a8 (zc if it was JDM), i have spent alot of time think about spend the dollar B series swap and though it waste of dollars for street car that only drive daily and weekends which is what i mainly use it for

i have done a few mods to my d16a8 and got good power back, nice crx and it still a d series
So far i only done basic mods intake (pod filter in custom cold intake box), aftermarket headers and exhaust
i do plan to rebuild my motor soon with few bit i bought , high comp pistons, a set of stage 2 cams, new rings ,bearings, seals, water pump and few other goodies including a aftermarket ECU

i think why do we need spend $4-8+k for B seres swap just get 80-90kw if we can spend $2-3K and have the same fun and show that you keep the D series

:thumbsup:

hitoriko
06-02-2010, 03:45 PM
UPDATE:

WOO, recieved my headlight covers and front strut brace in the mail yesterday :D and today i went and took it to get a RWC inspection here is the list of things i have to do:

- Fix gearbox linkage because its loose, Hard to select gears
- Rear wheels require alignment
- Replace Sump gasket
- RHF driveshaft boot split
- 3 Seat belts require replacement as not retracting
- Side indicators not flashing (i think this is the globes)
- Remove front mud guards and engine splash tray to pass height of 10cm
- RHR Hatch strut requires replacement
- Top Radhose requires replacement
- Exhaust noisy

so as you can see not very big jobs at all, most of these i can do myself so monday morning i will order everything through work :P

Also i had a closer look at the wheels and here is a link to them, although mine are a staggered set and have a polished lip LINK (http://www.talebtyres.com.au/products_closeup.asp?part=15x7%2E0+ProjectD+D1R&part_no=620)

dougie_504
06-02-2010, 06:47 PM
Hey man, quite a list there but yeah fortunately nothing too big.

You doing it yourself? And where do you work?

What condition was the car when you bought it btw? Sounds like it needs some work.

EDIT: Just checked out the rims. Very hot.

hitoriko
06-02-2010, 07:52 PM
I work as a spareparts guy for peugeot/VW
Yeah most i can do myself these are the things im planning to do myself:
- RHF Driveshaft boot replacement
- 3 Seatbels
- Side indicators
- Remove the undertray and mudflap
- hatch struts
- Rad hose (and i'll do a full service)
- Get a cannon silencer

The sump gasket, Linkages & wheel alignment i'll get when doing the RWC

Thanks Dougie - im missing the centre caps though so i'll get some pure black ones or the propper lenso ones,

MWAKU
06-02-2010, 08:15 PM
*nvm* good luck with your plans.

hitoriko
08-02-2010, 06:18 PM
UPDATE

Short Shifter & Carpet mats have arrived :D

will13
08-02-2010, 06:47 PM
what short shifter did you get? how much?

hitoriko
08-02-2010, 07:53 PM
i got the JJR one - it was on ebay i wanted the black for more stock look but i got a blue :S i might spray can it matt black i dont like blingy things..

dougie_504
09-02-2010, 03:52 AM
Any pics?

hitoriko
09-02-2010, 05:23 AM
none yet

steve88
09-02-2010, 08:51 AM

of course ;) thats why you rebuild them.. dont think your d series is innocent

hitoriko
09-02-2010, 03:33 PM
of course ;) thats why you rebuild them.. dont think your d series is innocent

considering i know the 2 pervious owners i think i can safely say my lil D is

first orginal owner woman in her 30s and 2nd owner was my brother in law who drove it once a week from southyarra to city mon - saturday sat undercover at his place because he caught public transport

hitoriko
10-02-2010, 07:18 PM
UPDATE:

I got the following parts for my RWC:
- top rad hose, sump gasket, globes for indicators, outer driveshaft boot and the clip on the rear hatch window for the strut, struts arrive tomorrow :P

Also paid for my Blox LCAs & Fog Lights :D

TheSaint
10-02-2010, 07:22 PM
how much did the LCA set u back?

hitoriko
10-02-2010, 08:46 PM
you have PM

hitoriko
11-02-2010, 03:52 PM
UPDATE:

Rear hatch struts and globes arrived :P

hitoriko
12-02-2010, 03:50 PM
Car arrives on valentines! :P

so i'll do some of the mucking around then replace what i can in the evening and photos FINALLY

:)

Addictions
12-02-2010, 03:51 PM
pics?

hitoriko
12-02-2010, 04:17 PM
pics?

sunday kiddo!

dougie_504
13-02-2010, 01:38 AM
You should start a real build thread mate :)

hitoriko
13-02-2010, 06:44 AM
yeah maybe!

TypeG
14-02-2010, 10:15 AM

yr Blox is on the way

I may just suggest you to keep the engine stock until it die....
no point to mod an 200k engine

hitoriko
14-02-2010, 10:59 AM
depends on funds!

ive brought a VAFC + extractors so at the min i need an adjustable cam gear - but we'll see engine swaps are still too expensive atm for me so yeah might just look into a reco D-series

hitoriko
14-02-2010, 11:00 AM
UPDATE:

Car arrives today WOO bout time!

hitoriko
14-02-2010, 08:43 PM
PICTURES!

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j250/hitoriko/eg%20civic/th_car.jpg (http://s82.photobucket.com/albums/j250/hitoriko/eg%20civic/?action=view&current=car.jpg)
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j250/hitoriko/eg%20civic/th_front.jpg (http://s82.photobucket.com/albums/j250/hitoriko/eg%20civic/?action=view&current=front.jpg)
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j250/hitoriko/eg%20civic/th_frontwheel.jpg (http://s82.photobucket.com/albums/j250/hitoriko/eg%20civic/?action=view&current=frontwheel.jpg)
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j250/hitoriko/eg%20civic/th_reardish.jpg (http://s82.photobucket.com/albums/j250/hitoriko/eg%20civic/?action=view&current=reardish.jpg)
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j250/hitoriko/eg%20civic/th_rearseats.jpg (http://s82.photobucket.com/albums/j250/hitoriko/eg%20civic/?action=view&current=rearseats.jpg)
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j250/hitoriko/eg%20civic/th_rear.jpg (http://s82.photobucket.com/albums/j250/hitoriko/eg%20civic/?action=view&current=rear.jpg)

dougie_504
15-02-2010, 10:29 AM
Get some tyre shiner onto them rubbers! Looks nice mate :)

hitoriko
15-02-2010, 08:41 PM
My Exhaust Sound:
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j250/hitoriko/eg%20civic/th_MOV02505.jpg (http://s82.photobucket.com/albums/j250/hitoriko/eg%20civic/?action=view&current=MOV02505.flv)

hitoriko
15-02-2010, 08:44 PM
UPDATE:

Genie extractors on the way :P

TheSaint
15-02-2010, 10:08 PM
haha LOVE the thumbs up at the end =)

cant wait to see how this all comes together!

hitoriko
15-02-2010, 10:22 PM
yeah extractors i get this week so i might buy some exhaust wrap and get the exhaust done by the weekend

TheSaint
16-02-2010, 12:26 AM
get some autosol onto that muffler man and polish it up =)

dougie_504
16-02-2010, 04:38 AM
Are those the 2.25" 4-2-1 headers that were bein sold by that USTICK guy or something?

hitoriko
16-02-2010, 05:25 AM
nope someone diff dougie

hitoriko
16-02-2010, 08:28 PM
UPDATE:

Blox LCAs & Fog Lights have arrived :D

dougie_504
17-02-2010, 09:42 AM
Pics bro! Build thread!

GenesisEG
17-02-2010, 06:31 PM
I'm amazed at the number of people that drool over big power figures and straight-line speeds. FF cars, Civics moreso than others, can't make much use of massive power.

Might just be me, but I've never looked at Civics as straight-line cars. To me, Civics are touge monsters, responsive little buggers that corner like nothing else. Their lack of bulk is their greatest asset, I'd be doing all I could to make the most of their strengths.

Each to their own I guess, but the recent crack-downs on hoon drivers makes me feel like limiting the speed and making the most of the corners.

I used to drive a 650hp tuned 5.7L V8 ute. Spent 8 grand on suspension, and still it didn't handle as good as the EG4 I just bought, and that has nothing more than some stiffer King springs. The ute killed it in a straight line, but doing 350kph down the straight is a guaranteed ticket to jail, and it's not that fun... So I had more cash to spend on engine mods, big deal. No driving skill involved in going fast on the straights, corners make or break the race.

I'm keen on seeing the potential of a light tune on a D series, make the most of the car's strength, should be awesome.

hitoriko
17-02-2010, 07:27 PM
thats what i mean im doing mostly a full suspenion for daily/track if i wanted power i would have gotten a skyline and gone to town on that.

UPDATE:

Genie headers have arrived, rear hatch struts fitted, headlight protectors and carpet mats fitted :P

i split my RHS driveshaft boot today :S so tomorrow that will go in to get fixed and maybe the seat belts replaced or teh foglights fitted and the engine bay cleaned then next pay window tinting and a front strut brace, and maybe a new skunk2 gearknob!

Phased
17-02-2010, 07:50 PM
Although a lot of people don't see the point, to me... the fun is in the work and the modification. Sure praising your work afterwards and driving is rewarding but not as rewarding as putting in the hard yards just to make it that much better!

Considering that you don't want to spend a lot of money... if you are mechanically capable, experienced with a Dremel and have a steady hand I've seen many people that have polished (some ported but you have to be careful as without approprate acompanying modifications and calculations you might actually make power/torque loss with porting) to their cylinder heads with good success. If you make a mistake the great thing is parts for a d-series engine are so cheap!!! =D You have fun and even if it's only a minor gain its bragging rights!!! haha.

I'm not familiar with D-Series though so I'm not exactly sure what their major bottlenecks are. I would assume they're similar to B-Series. (Excluding the obvious and typically Honda bottle neck of capacity.... lol).

I see you're organizing a Winton Track event... are you going to the upcoming one?

TheSaint
17-02-2010, 07:53 PM
hit the nail on the head phased ^^^

JasonGilholme
17-02-2010, 07:56 PM
Although a lot of people don't see the point, to me... the fun is in the work and the modification. Sure praising your work afterwards and driving is rewarding but not as rewarding as putting in the hard yards just to make it that much better!

I have to agree 100% with this comment.

To me, my car is a reflection of my abilities, not my pay packet. Everything i do to my car i do myself. Not one mechanic, spray painter, or re-trimmer has done a thing on my car. Its all me.

Thats why i'm going to the effort of painting my car, myself. Doing everything, and doing it properly. I know I could get the best spray job every if i spent 10 grand, but so far i've spent 1k and with the time and effort i'm willing to put in it will be just as good as anything else. Apart from the fact that i'll be able to tell people that I did it. :thumbsup:

hitoriko
17-02-2010, 08:14 PM
I see you're organizing a Winton Track event... are you going to the upcoming one?

i had planned to but i just got back from my carport and i've got a minor -very very minor water leak :S its from the top inlet of the radiator - Stupid ****-ING plastic end tanks - who would design something like this when you could spend the extra $20 and make them aluminium!

So i wont be going to this winton event as knowing my luck i'll end up having to get a tow home cause the car is over heating.

PS - anyone got a good cheap rad for me :P

Phased
17-02-2010, 08:15 PM
I have to agree 100% with this comment.

To me, my car is a reflection of my abilities, not my pay packet. Everything i do to my car i do myself. Not one mechanic, spray painter, or re-trimmer has done a thing on my car. Its all me.

Thats why i'm going to the effort of painting my car, myself. Doing everything, and doing it properly. I know I could get the best spray job every if i spent 10 grand, but so far i've spent 1k and with the time and effort i'm willing to put in it will be just as good as anything else. Apart from the fact that i'll be able to tell people that I did it. :thumbsup:

You're spraying your own car? Nice.

I have been into refinishing for quite a while and let me fore worn you... it's one hell of a task. Firstly, you will make mistakes and it won't look 100% on your first go especially if you aren't wet sanding the final finish.

Are you using Acrylic or Urethane paints? Booth or Garage? Your own compressor/Spray Equipment?

Phased
17-02-2010, 08:17 PM
i had planned to but i just got back from my carport and i've got a minor -very very minor water leak :S its from the top inlet of the radiator - Stupid ****-ING plastic end tanks - who would design something like this when you could spend the extra $20 and make them aluminium!

So i wont be going to this winton event as knowing my luck i'll end up having to get a tow home cause the car is over heating.

PS - anyone got a good cheap rad for me :P

I know someone with a GSi (DC4) one.... lol. Not sure if his selling it though.

You should come up just to watch though!

hitoriko
17-02-2010, 09:00 PM
Thats another thing i ahve to do go get the respray quoted

need to get the front guards and bumper in white and then the bonnet in satin black :P

hitoriko
17-02-2010, 09:03 PM
I know someone with a GSi (DC4) one.... lol. Not sure if his selling it though.

You should come up just to watch though!

plan was to watch and meet some peoples but i have to have my car 100% before i make that trip

JasonGilholme
17-02-2010, 09:20 PM
You're spraying your own car? Nice.

I have been into refinishing for quite a while and let me fore worn you... it's one hell of a task. Firstly, you will make mistakes and it won't look 100% on your first go especially if you aren't wet sanding the final finish.

Are you using Acrylic or Urethane paints? Booth or Garage? Your own compressor/Spray Equipment?

At the moment i've got a few panels from the wreckers that i've been learning/practicing my panel beating skills on. After a few attempts using different techniques i think i've got that down pretty well. The panels look alot better then what they did when i got them! hehe.

I've got my own compressor, lines, filters and getting my own gun soon. I have started collecting a bunch of disposables as well (sand papers, blocks, canned primers, plastic sheets blah blah blah). I'll be trying an acrylic paint setup on the panels first to see how i go with it.

My plan is to do all the parts as seperate as i can. (ie, start a quarter, finish it all the way to clear coat). That way i can build myself a booth at home big enough for me to do a bonnet in. And then when it comes to the remainder of the chassis i'll be able to build something more substantial.

I want to be able to take my time and not be pressured into having to do it all at once and rush. Thats why i've designed a booth built from PVC piping that i can dismantle and put the frame to one side while i work on other stuff.

Sorry for going off topic in this thread. Let me know if its not welcome Hitorikos. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

hitoriko
17-02-2010, 09:26 PM
nps mate its my car thread but its a good discussion as well i likes!

egSi
18-02-2010, 07:05 AM
Nice hatch Dan. Get that brace in asap dude :thumbsup:

hitoriko
18-02-2010, 03:57 PM
Nice hatch Dan. Get that brace in asap dude :thumbsup:

will do!

BAD NEWS:

so im driving on the main rd near my house and im about to entre teh freeway when my plastick ****ING end tank on my radiator splits and ****s my day right up... so now my baby is sitting at the mechanics, getting everything done - and thanks to a top member on this site - im getting an alloy performance radiator and going to get the rest of the parts fitted and things fixed!

SHIT ****ING DAY

On the plus side im got an excuse to get more parts :D

JasonGilholme
18-02-2010, 04:04 PM
moar parts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

TheSaint
18-02-2010, 04:40 PM
alloy radiator!!!

i really want one but its a bit costly as a mod for a D series =/

JasonGilholme
18-02-2010, 06:10 PM
really, i don't think theres any reason to upgrade to one on a stock motor unless you have to due to your current one breaking.

If you've got a good radiator, new coolant and a fully function thermostat and switch you'll be fine.

hitoriko
18-02-2010, 06:38 PM
Mishimoto Radiator :D pretty much brand NEW!

hitoriko
18-02-2010, 06:49 PM
also YOWAI-SS Cooling Plate on the way :P

will13
19-02-2010, 12:22 PM
what other mods do you have coming? performance wise i mean

hitoriko
19-02-2010, 03:48 PM
well maybe a cam and cam gear and an APEXI VAFC2

but we'll see

TheSaint
19-02-2010, 04:21 PM
iv got these on order =p

- D16a6 Cam Shaft
- Bisimoto Cam Gear
- SafcII Black Edition

cant wait

hitoriko
19-02-2010, 04:26 PM
D16a6 Cam Shaft
whats the specs why not a stage one bisi?

TheSaint
20-02-2010, 01:59 AM
the reason? $$$$$ lol

D16a6 = $50USD posted from USA
Bisimoto Stage 1 or 2 = $350USD odd not posted

D16a6 cam is the same as D15b7 but with a little bit more duration and lift

hitoriko
20-02-2010, 12:10 PM
can you make a comparision of specs please

TheSaint
20-02-2010, 04:42 PM
USDM Specs
(i got my cam from USA btw)

93 DX cam (d15b7)
bearing OD = 1.097"
Intake base = 1.218"
Intake lobe = 1.420"
Exhaust base = 1.260"
Exhaust lobe = 1.426"

90 Si cam (d16a6)
bearing OD = 1.098"
Intake base = 1.220"
Intake lobe = 1.445" (+.025" at cam over DX)
exhaust base = 1.262"
exhaust lobe = 1.455" (+.030" at cam over DX)

u need an adjustable cam gear to adjust the timing tho because at TDC the timing will be out a few degrees, this can make a difference between dissapointment and a huge smile with ur little d15b7 lol

JasonGilholme
20-02-2010, 04:43 PM
so where are the pics man!!! almost 10 pages and no pics!!!!!

hitoriko
20-02-2010, 04:44 PM
can if you see in your travels get me a link to one please :P

and then what are you using for your Cam Gear?

TheSaint
20-02-2010, 04:46 PM
i can try get you one as well if you want ... took me a bit of hunting around on various american honda forums than find someone willing to post it to australia lol

it was between the Skunk2 Tuner Adj Cam Gear and the Bisimoto Adj Cam Gear .. for some reason i got the Bisimoto ... just looks stronger =)

beeza
20-02-2010, 04:46 PM
More pics please Hito!

When I get some audio,I'll listen to the sound clip YO :)

hitoriko
20-02-2010, 04:59 PM
yeah i've been on ebay looking for parts too but so much looks like cheap chinese crap!

PICS PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As soon as it gets back from teh mechanics i'll take some after work!

by that time the 4pt rear brace, cooling panel, new rad, foggies, tinting and extractors will be fitted!

jeez just relax haha although its good to see interest in my lil daily

beeza
20-02-2010, 05:23 PM
Because people read this:

Engine:
D16Y1
- Stage 1 Cam
- Aftermarket Adjustable Cam Gear
- Aftermarket Timing Belt
- Aftermarket Spark Leads
- Aftermarket Lightened Pulley
- Mishimoto Radiator & Std Fan Setup
- YOWAI-SS Cooling Plate
- Custom CAI & POD
- Genie Extractors & Hi Flow CAT
- 2.25" Custom Exhaust
- Muffler
- Resi Socks
- Aftermarket Radiator
- Silicon Water Pipes
- Custom Painted Rocker (Prolly Red & White)

Suspention:
- Front Strut Brace
- Ultra Racing 4pt Rear Strut Bar
- Lowered Springs & Shockers
- Aftermarket Rear Swaybar
- Aftermarket Front SwayBar
- BLOX LCA

Brakes:
Undecided Suggestions Welcomed!

Interior:
- Air Freshner
- JJR Short Shifter
- Skunk2 Gearknob
- Drivers Side Race Seat

Audio:
- Pioneer 8950BT HU
- Front Splits
- [I]Rear SplitsI]
- Amps

Exterior:
- Amber Indicators
- HIDs
- Headlight Protectors
- Fog Lamps
- Black Bonnet
- Darkest Legal Tint All Round
- Front Bar Spoiler (undecided which)
- Sideskirts (undecided which)
- Rear Bar Lip (undecided which)
- Tow Hooks

Wheels:
- 17" Project D1 Staggered - Street
- 14" with good offsets

And go WOO HOO a d-series build and just want MOOOOOOOOOOARRRRRRRRRR!!!

GO THE d!

TheSaint
20-02-2010, 08:28 PM
hrm im digging the ultra racing 4pt strut brace ... might have to hit up JDM yard for one of them =)

mine really needs some springs now that the lip kit is on ... tein-s tech here i come

can u beleive no1 on OH stocks tein anymore ... im gona have to get them off ebay =/

beeza
20-02-2010, 08:33 PM
Cause they got real expensive didn't they?

TheSaint
20-02-2010, 08:45 PM
$320ish from ebay for a set of springs

hitoriko
20-02-2010, 09:17 PM
yeah im gonna ahve to look into struts and springs soon also
i can get AGX KYB Shocks full set through work for about $900 then another $300 - $400for some good springs - before you say thats about the same price for coilovers - i really dont need coil overs its going to be a basic entry level track setup and a good street setup - coilovers are sometimes more trouble then there worth...

AGX KYBs & either Skunk2 or Tein or Mugen springs

TheSaint
21-02-2010, 12:58 AM
skunk2 are too low for me ... u can get them cheap too

havnt looked at mugen yet but tein s-tech give a nice 1.5"ish drop and both a comfortable but sporty ride

hitoriko
21-02-2010, 09:11 AM
yeah i might go ask in the suspension area what people reconmend

ICYOIL
21-02-2010, 09:20 AM
tein super streets coilovers :), if you want to spend the money
and if you decide to go coilovers not springs

hitoriko
21-02-2010, 09:48 AM
bad experance with coilovers though/...:S

TheSaint
21-02-2010, 01:58 PM
tein superstreet are good coilovers but they are a little stiff for a daily

i would get coilovers if this car was for track ... but because for a daily ... i would start with springs and than get some shocks after that

hitoriko
21-02-2010, 03:32 PM
yeah looking at springs at the moment but not sure
might check d-series.org

6thgear
22-02-2010, 04:44 AM
noice build...i'm sure you're having fun

any pics!

hitoriko
22-02-2010, 05:37 AM
car is at my mechanics at the moment getting a RWC done and fixing things that i cant do hopefully have the car back by tuesday wednesday - pics will happen when my car is back :P

hitoriko
24-02-2010, 06:05 AM
UPDATE:

Well my car should be ready by the end of today - cant ****ing wait :P - my 4pt brace arrived yesterday and now im just waiting on some more parts to arrive.

TheSaint
24-02-2010, 08:57 AM
wooooot cant wait to see you behind the wheel =p

dougie_504
24-02-2010, 12:54 PM
I'm back in Melb mate. PM me for a meet-up some time, would be nice to see this baby rollin' around :D

hitoriko
24-02-2010, 03:37 PM
ARGH got a call from my mech - gonna be one more day, front discs need machining so rather then do it later one more day isn't gonna hurt

on teh plus side my short shifter (black one) arrived and i just paid for my cusco front strut brace so that should arrive next week as awell as my cooling panel

:D

TheSaint
24-02-2010, 04:11 PM
cusco eh?

im thinking ultra racing for front and back now ... i already have my chassis brace from my Dc2 on the car ... but i think i need a strut brace as well lol

hitoriko
24-02-2010, 06:44 PM
well front and rear strut braces and then maybe stiffer swaybars and should be fine

JasonGilholme
24-02-2010, 07:21 PM
i got ultra racing front and rear struts. They're a good design and they're made ok too. Not 100% perfect but they are good value for money and do the job.

hitoriko
24-02-2010, 07:26 PM
new items arriving soon...

Amber corners, adjustable cam gear, eg5 toy for dash :P, black short shifter, cooling panel, cusco front strut brace....

TheSaint
24-02-2010, 07:40 PM
fighting to stay ahead of eachother lol

dougie_504
24-02-2010, 08:03 PM
Yeah and it's cool coz we get to watch you both going for it :D

hitoriko
24-02-2010, 08:04 PM
haha like i said our cars will be twins!

should be great! - need to get a front lip and side skirts and rear lip then i'll be happy with the exterior....for abit :P

dougie_504
24-02-2010, 08:34 PM
Soon I'll be getting a new cat and cat-back to complete the I/H/E on my EH, but those EK side skirts looks awesome :)

TheSaint
24-02-2010, 11:33 PM
arg i cant find any rear lips for my sedan at the moment everyone is sold out

foglights, tail-lights, frontlip and sideskirts are all installed now for me =)

hitoriko
25-02-2010, 12:12 PM
17 hamp filters have arrived :D

16 left gave one to my boss for his teg type r haha brown nose ftw!

TheSaint
25-02-2010, 12:17 PM
u know u can use the larger s2000 ones as well

all honda oil filters were this size until around the year 2000, than they changed to the smaller hamp size ones ... but the s2000 still retains the larger size as a stock item

i dont know what the benefit would be to changing to the larger filter tho lol

16 filters?? why so many? i bought 5 like 3 years ago and im up to my last one now

hitoriko
25-02-2010, 03:39 PM
cause there cheap!

and who knows i might beable to sell them for like 20 each

also my cooling panel arrived and car arrives back tonight so more pics :D

TheSaint
25-02-2010, 05:23 PM
cooling panel?

hitoriko
25-02-2010, 07:01 PM
yes saint cooling panel - just fitted as well looks awesome :D

dougie_504
25-02-2010, 07:49 PM
What's it do? lol (noob)

Pic of it?

hitoriko
25-02-2010, 07:53 PM
What's it do? lol (noob)

Pic of it?

enjoy!
http://www.jhpusa.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=0&idproduct=3533#details

dougie_504
25-02-2010, 08:06 PM
I see...but where does it go? lol

hitoriko
25-02-2010, 08:10 PM
http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l185/ek9revcivic/parts/P1010234.jpg

TheSaint
25-02-2010, 08:23 PM
what does it do?

dougie_504
25-02-2010, 08:32 PM
lol read the post just earlier, go to the link hito posted :P

lookingforboost
25-02-2010, 09:22 PM
it diverts more air through the front of the car and through the radiator ;)

TheSaint
25-02-2010, 10:40 PM
cant see how it would do that on an EG? / theres no front grill?

egSi
26-02-2010, 08:36 AM
pics now :thumbsup:

hitoriko
26-02-2010, 07:26 PM
amber corners have arrived

hitoriko
26-02-2010, 10:42 PM
Alpine Type R Splits, Sub and V12 Amp arrived :D

finally some music!

jks24
26-02-2010, 11:20 PM
coming along nice mate

Good to see your enjoying your car! Thats the most important thing :)

lookingforboost
27-02-2010, 12:37 PM
cant see how it would do that on an EG? / theres no front grill?

very small amount of air that would move up there would be diverted back, these have signficant gians on skylines WRX's silvias 180s etc might just be more some sik bling on a EG :cool:

hitoriko
27-02-2010, 03:47 PM
UPDATED:

Ambers, Sub, Amp & Headunit have been installed today. also removed the faded Vtec and HKS stickers on my windscreen and rear screen

Rear brace im yet to fit as im deciding if i should butcher the trims or just completely remove them

buchering is in the lead at the moment..

PICS: for give the quality and my car as i ahven't washed it as i've been to busy installing stereo - also its raining so no point :P

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j250/hitoriko/eg%20civic/th_ambers.jpg (http://s82.photobucket.com/albums/j250/hitoriko/eg%20civic/?action=view&current=ambers.jpg)
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j250/hitoriko/eg%20civic/th_coolingpanelandrad.jpg (http://s82.photobucket.com/albums/j250/hitoriko/eg%20civic/?action=view&current=coolingpanelandrad.jpg)

TheSaint
27-02-2010, 04:46 PM
get to work cleaning that engine bay man! lol

i want ur sunroof gaaarr

hitoriko
27-02-2010, 09:30 PM
yeah i want to but i want to get another alarm and paint my rocker cover but atm i CBF

the alarm im looking into now and i need a drivers side door actuator so yeah haha plenty more before it gets the clean it deserves!

PS - cusco strut brace on the way

dougie_504
28-02-2010, 01:31 AM
Looking excellent mate. I'm going to spray both of my rocker covers soon :D

TheSaint
28-02-2010, 01:39 AM
i was going to do mine satin black ... but now im thinking satin red instead =D

hitoriko
28-02-2010, 10:54 AM
blood panda?

TheSaint
28-02-2010, 01:42 PM
hrmmm the blood of the samurai panda

http://www.fonditos.com/wallpapers/1024x768/01604.jpg

hitoriko
28-02-2010, 05:42 PM
well i went through mountian hwy today with the missus - EG handled better than i thought - so should be alot better when i chuck in the rear brace!

just thought i'd let you know

dougie_504
28-02-2010, 11:19 PM
Oh nice man, what time? I went through there with CRXAustralia. We got 11 CRX's, 9 EF8's and 2 ED9s, although both ED9's were B18C converts. In total 11 B-series :D

We went through the Dandenongs, out to Healesville, through the Black Spur, through Marysville, out to Alexandra, back through King Lake, down through King Lake National Park, and ended up in Eltham. 296km cruise - took us all day! :D

TheSaint
01-03-2010, 01:28 AM
i did 2 hill climbs yesterday ... i definatly need springs and some bracing

the car struggled a little on some of the hills

the morning before hand it was actually almost empty on oil ... just had a service too ... might be one of my seals =/

i did the South West Australia Hillclimb and another one on the other side of Dunsborough ... nice afternoon =)

hitoriko
01-03-2010, 05:18 AM
Oh nice man, what time? I went through there with CRXAustralia. We got 11 CRX's, 9 EF8's and 2 ED9s, although both ED9's were B18C converts. In total 11 B-series :D

We went through the Dandenongs, out to Healesville, through the Black Spur, through Marysville, out to Alexandra, back through King Lake, down through King Lake National Park, and ended up in Eltham. 296km cruise - took us all day! :D

we were there about 1 - 3pm had coffee and cake ate a coffee shop there looked around then went back down

nice arvo - if i had have known crxaust were doing something i would ahve left earlier! try to meet yas

hitoriko
05-03-2010, 12:22 PM
UPDATE:

still waiting for my bits to arrive - and still trying to work out how to fit my front splits
also still waiting for my wedding photos and enjoying my day off work woo hoo 4day weekend FTFW!

dupac->
05-03-2010, 01:19 PM
have you got your Air Freshner yet?

hitoriko
05-03-2010, 01:51 PM
LOL ^^^ No haha

dupac->
05-03-2010, 03:00 PM
waiting for it to come from japan?

LOL

hitoriko
05-03-2010, 03:43 PM
not far from the truth actually.....:P

TheSaint
05-03-2010, 09:26 PM
im 200 views behind u ... i need to cach up with ur build thread haha

hitoriko
06-03-2010, 01:04 PM
at the moment im broke so car has to wait

still haven't installed the 4pt brace as i haven't decided if im going to cut the 1/4 trims or not...

TheSaint
06-03-2010, 02:09 PM
im gona get a space saver and make a new boot liner so theres no hump

than im gona clean out, sand back and repaint the boot well because its all scrached atm

than cut the boot liner and strut covers to fit the 4pt brace =)

hitoriko
09-03-2010, 07:58 PM
a few things arrived in the mail today

5x Nuigurmans EG Civic hatch backs

1x White (for my car)
1x Red
1x Black
1x Yellow
1x Blue

LINK (http://www.d8.dion.ne.jp/~tamu2/mypage/carfiles/nuiguruma1.jpg)
think that but a Civic EG5 Hatch

haha

niiCk
09-03-2010, 07:59 PM
how much do you want for the red one?

TheSaint
09-03-2010, 08:27 PM
where do u get them from??!

hitoriko
09-03-2010, 10:25 PM
haha i dunno...:P

hitoriko
04-06-2010, 10:23 PM
Hey guys!

its been AGES! i've been so busy with married life and work (i got a promotion) that i havent touched my car and left my to die :(
Anywho tomorrow im doing my oil change and i'll be wrapping my aftermarket extractors

just thought i'd pop in and say hi to all and that i haven't left just been busy

TheSaint
07-06-2010, 01:45 AM
yeah mines been on hold lately too

good to hear ur still about haha

dougie_504
07-06-2010, 08:36 PM
You guys went so hard and then went quiet! Haha. But hey Novak it's good to see you're still alive and like I said in SMS we'll catch up sometime yo. Should get an EG/EH group together :D

hitoriko
08-06-2010, 02:30 PM
You guys went so hard and then went quiet! Haha. But hey Novak it's good to see you're still alive and like I said in SMS we'll catch up sometime yo. Should get an EG/EH group together :D

yeh for sure! i should hopefully get my braces in this week!

Giraffe
08-06-2010, 03:27 PM
a few things arrived in the mail today

5x Nuigurmans EG Civic hatch backs

1x White (for my car)
1x Red
1x Black
1x Yellow
1x Blue

LINK (http://www.d8.dion.ne.jp/~tamu2/mypage/carfiles/nuiguruma1.jpg)
think that but a Civic EG5 Hatch

haha

WHERE'D YOU GET THAT ? been looking every where for them D:

hitoriko
08-06-2010, 03:41 PM
WHERE'D YOU GET THAT ? been looking every where for them D:

i've got them still (white one has pride of place on my mirror

hitoriko
11-06-2010, 03:13 PM
Woo new wheel nuts arrived :D

briaded brake lines and some other bits coming next week

Mugen gear knob on the way aswell! :D

Giraffe
16-06-2010, 03:10 AM
i've got them still (white one has pride of place on my mirror

wanna hook a brother up to where you got them from ? :D

hitoriko
16-06-2010, 06:43 AM
wanna hook a brother up to where you got them from ? :D

haha nope im thinking of setting up a small business selling these so yeah not at the moment

hitoriko
16-06-2010, 01:27 PM
Rear lower Beaks bar ordered :D

hitoriko
18-06-2010, 06:46 AM
new parts on the way...
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j250/hitoriko/eg%20civic/th_headlightcovers.jpg (http://s82.photobucket.com/albums/j250/hitoriko/eg%20civic/?action=view&current=headlightcovers.jpg)
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j250/hitoriko/eg%20civic/th_armrest4.jpg (http://s82.photobucket.com/albums/j250/hitoriko/eg%20civic/?action=view&current=armrest4.jpg)
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j250/hitoriko/eg%20civic/th_armrest3.jpg (http://s82.photobucket.com/albums/j250/hitoriko/eg%20civic/?action=view&current=armrest3.jpg)
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j250/hitoriko/eg%20civic/th_armrest2.jpg (http://s82.photobucket.com/albums/j250/hitoriko/eg%20civic/?action=view&current=armrest2.jpg)
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j250/hitoriko/eg%20civic/th_armrest.jpg (http://s82.photobucket.com/albums/j250/hitoriko/eg%20civic/?action=view&current=armrest.jpg)

Beaks rear tie bar has arrived too :D

TheSaint
19-06-2010, 05:20 PM
i want that arm-rest!!! =D

TheSaint
19-06-2010, 05:34 PM
you asked about mounting the front strut brace ... here goes:

http://i400.photobucket.com/albums/pp81/the_saint7/P3130414_e1.jpg?t=1276932428

the bolt points in red are the stock 'chassis brace' mounting points ... there are NOT to be confused with how to mount a 'strut brace'
chassis brace only connects the top of the strut towers together ... not the actual struts themselves
the bolt points in yellow are the actual shock/strut mounting points ... you have to un-do the (14mm or 17mm) nut on the top of these, insert strut brace, than tighten them back up .... simple
make sure the car is on the ground when you do it - not jacked up

http://i400.photobucket.com/albums/pp81/the_saint7/P3120405_e.jpg?t=1268548159

as for the 4 point rear brace, theres a little more in the process
you have to remove:
- the cover
- the side covers + floor covers
- the spare wheel (helps alot)
the brace will be bolting to the same place as at the front - directly to the strut tops
so you need to get the side lining of your boot and line it up with where the shock tower is and cut a hole big enough for the strut brace to fit through
(in sedan its easy because its just carper/material - i think the hatch has plastic so it might be a bit more tricky)
now that you have your modified side lining ... u re-insert it and bolt in your strut brace the same as the front
as for the 2 extra mounting points ... get the screws that come with the bar and a drill with a phillips head on it and goto town =)

when your done it should look like mine =)

http://i400.photobucket.com/albums/pp81/the_saint7/Boot1.jpg?t=1269076489

cheapdouchebag
19-06-2010, 05:47 PM
i want that arm-rest!!! =D

i have it :P its not all that to be honest lol

hitoriko
19-06-2010, 06:51 PM
you asked about mounting the front strut brace ... here goes:

the bolt points in red are the stock 'chassis brace' mounting points ... there are NOT to be confused with how to mount a 'strut brace'
chassis brace only connects the top of the strut towers together ... not the actual struts themselves
the bolt points in yellow are the actual shock/strut mounting points ... you have to un-do the (14mm or 17mm) nut on the top of these, insert strut brace, than tighten them back up .... simple
make sure the car is on the ground when you do it - not jacked up

as for the 4 point rear brace, theres a little more in the process
you have to remove:
- the cover
- the side covers + floor covers
- the spare wheel (helps alot)
the brace will be bolting to the same place as at the front - directly to the strut tops
so you need to get the side lining of your boot and line it up with where the shock tower is and cut a hole big enough for the strut brace to fit through
(in sedan its easy because its just carper/material - i think the hatch has plastic so it might be a bit more tricky)
now that you have your modified side lining ... u re-insert it and bolt in your strut brace the same as the front
as for the 2 extra mounting points ... get the screws that come with the bar and a drill with a phillips head on it and goto town =)

when your done it should look like mine =)

http://i400.photobucket.com/albums/pp81/the_saint7/Boot1.jpg?t=1269076489

PERFECT - i needed bolt sizes really because i have tog et the bolts for the brace as you ahve done one connects to the same places as teh shocker and the other is on the tower i need the
bolts to i can connect the tower one - do you follow?

as fot the rear 4pt yes i relaise that i need to remove the plastices which is A. annoying and B. a bitch because i have gorella hands and break anything thats delicate (insert joke here) with your 4pt did you drill out the hold in your wheel well or just left the bottom pat unbolted? and what size bolts did you use?

TheSaint
19-06-2010, 07:25 PM
the front chassis brace uses 13mm head, dont know what the thread is, the bolt is about 20mm long ... mount them upside down so that the nut is engine bay side up
jack the car up for access to the wheel well
use a 13mm spanner in the wheel well and a socket kit on the top to do them up

the 4pnt rear bar should have come with some plain phillip head metal screws
check the hole size on the brace and grab some screws to match
i just got a corded drill with a phillip fitting and went to town on it

if you have any more questions dont hesitate to ask =D

hitoriko
21-06-2010, 06:40 PM
MUGEN Gearknob, Spoon Resi Socks & Typer R Gearboot Arrived :D
Also Custom plates fitted :)

TheSaint
21-06-2010, 08:19 PM
how much did the gearboot set you back? i might do that when i get the EK centre console

hitoriko
21-06-2010, 08:36 PM
$40 from a member on here

TheSaint
22-06-2010, 02:17 AM
owe man ... ur the king of finding cool parts on the cheap!!

hitoriko
22-06-2010, 07:08 AM
owe man ... ur the king of finding cool parts on the cheap!!

should have seen what i got when i had an ae86!

hitoriko
22-06-2010, 10:02 PM
1x EG Centre Armrest found and ordered!

Genuine MUGEN Gear Knob Fitted :D

Giraffe
22-06-2010, 10:20 PM
haha nope im thinking of setting up a small business selling these so yeah not at the moment

ill join you hahaa

hitoriko
28-06-2010, 06:26 PM
2x EG armrests have arrived :D waiting on the 3rd
also have some other goodies on the way - Defi Oil & Water Temp Gauges... :D

hitoriko
30-06-2010, 07:56 PM
WOO 3rd armrest arrived and its the exactly same trim as my car :D really happy about that!
Defi oil temp & water temp also arrived and in great condition :) just need to get the control unit and sensors
APC Intake - Steering Wheel (With airbag) & Razin Unit just picked up.

So with any luck this saturday i'll get some of this stuff fitted, but having family from overseas staying with me isn't helping and the fact that its cold outside doesn't modivate me much either

stay tuned!

TheSaint
30-06-2010, 10:13 PM
what steering wheel did you get?

defi gauges .. nice!

hitoriko
30-06-2010, 10:36 PM
Just a replacement for my standard, the one i have has faded and just looks crap - and considering i got a nice one for $40 so yeah.

pics of the defi's
http://i.ebayimg.com/14/!BwVYMVwCWk~$(KGrHqMOKjsEwQKvWdqKBMIeS8m(1Q~~_12.J PG

TheSaint
30-06-2010, 11:34 PM
man they are so cool - bet they were damn expensive

i really want a new steering wheel ... but EK9/Dc2R wheels are really expensive and i dont wanna loose my airbag lol

WA-EG
30-06-2010, 11:45 PM
Liking those guages.... do they have a model name?? Where abouts are you going to mount them???

hitoriko
01-07-2010, 07:19 AM
yeah they ater called stepmaster (model STS26B) i still need to work out what sensors i can use since these didnt come with them and defi sensors are really expensive, im not sure where im going to mount them i was wondering if there is a pod that you can buy that would mount where the centre airvents are, i dont really want them on the top of the dash nor on the apillar but we'll see what i think up.

Yeah i went and got defi's because well i always liked them, and i want to do this car right and yeah i think the future holds an engine conversion too...

WA-EG
01-07-2010, 11:19 AM
yeah they ater called stepmaster (model STS26B) i still need to work out what sensors i can use since these didnt come with them and defi sensors are really expensive, im not sure where im going to mount them i was wondering if there is a pod that you can buy that would mount where the centre airvents are, i dont really want them on the top of the dash nor on the apillar but we'll see what i think up.

Yeah i went and got defi's because well i always liked them, and i want to do this car right and yeah i think the future holds an engine conversion too...

shame you not in WA. i know of a guy here who makes up guage pods to suit almost anything. i'm sure he would love to add civic to the list.
getting all the visual stuff out of the way is nice touch. least then its nice to drive around. having speed and a shitty exterior isnt as satisfying.

TheSaint
01-07-2010, 12:14 PM
shame you not in WA. i know of a guy here who makes up guage pods to suit almost anything. i'm sure he would love to add civic to the list.
getting all the visual stuff out of the way is nice touch. least then its nice to drive around. having speed and a shitty exterior isnt as satisfying.

you do? ... can i get in on that action? lol

hitoriko
01-07-2010, 01:02 PM
Yeh i wanted to get it looking decent inside and out (where possible) because you spend the time in the drivers seat not looking at the car from afar so yeah thats the way i look at it, id rather it be pleasing to my eye white driving then the clowns on the street looking at me

i think the hatch and sedan share the same cluster surround with the centre air vents if thats the case and saint wants to do the leg work i'd be keen for a pod to sit there - ive seen them in some US cars and theres even one on this site i saw ages ago

TheSaint
01-07-2010, 07:33 PM
i probably wouldnt replace my airvents ... i would make an ATI style triple cluster and tuck it in the corner where the a-piller sits

i would velcro it down and cut a hole in my dash matt so that it juss sticks up out of it - that way i can run lines under the dash matt too lol

im thinking of changing my dash lights to red soon as well ... than ill get the other maching SAAS gauges - already got vacuum - so OIL TEMP / OIL PRESS / WATER TEMP - and set them to red as well

http://memimage.cardomain.com/ride_images/2/3501/1601/21250800050_large.jpg

hitoriko
01-07-2010, 07:36 PM
yeah thats a good idea actually the triple pod

PS My Defi's are green so im not sure if i should go green lights in my cluster or just a nice bright white

TheSaint
01-07-2010, 09:37 PM
stick to white =)

my SAAS can be changed from red, blue, green and white - but its mechanical ... so it whirs and buzzes at different revs =/

WA-EG
01-07-2010, 10:31 PM
you do? ... can i get in on that action? lol

Yeah mate. He's from another forum so I'll try get in contact and let you know.

WA-EG
01-07-2010, 10:56 PM
i probably wouldnt replace my airvents ... i would make an ATI style triple cluster and tuck it in the corner where the a-piller sits

i would velcro it down and cut a hole in my dash matt so that it juss sticks up out of it - that way i can run lines under the dash matt too lol

I would be happy with losing my centre vent. I actually dont know what it does so no troubles blocking it off. lol.

TheSaint
01-07-2010, 11:35 PM
ah your talking about the one up top on the dash? yeah thats where i would put mine - like in the pic of the subaru i posted

either that or under the a-piller =)

WA-EG
01-07-2010, 11:52 PM
ah your talking about the one up top on the dash? yeah thats where i would put mine - like in the pic of the subaru i posted

either that or under the a-piller =)

Yeah the centre of the dash. Like the subaru or a R34 skyline. Whats the vent actually do anyways????
Not a fan of the a pillar guages. Very rice... im trying to avoid that.

TheSaint
02-07-2010, 12:00 AM
yeah i would have it under the A-pillar ... not ON the A-pillar ... like the triple gauge ... but on the driver side

another good idea is the 'frog' style gauge holders

http://www.glowshiftdirect.com/ProductImages/pods/gaugecluster.jpg

hitoriko
02-07-2010, 06:38 AM
yeah i would have it under the A-pillar ... not ON the A-pillar ... like the triple gauge ... but on the driver side

another good idea is the 'frog' style gauge holders

http://www.glowshiftdirect.com/ProductImages/pods/gaugecluster.jpg

there are no frog ones for the EG civic because the whole surround is connected
but i'd bee keen on a tripe pod that takes up my centre airvent :)

keep me in the loop guys

pablos8
02-07-2010, 10:03 AM
Should be in the build thread :)

hitoriko
02-07-2010, 11:37 AM
yeah but have to have the mods do it when they do it will

TheSaint
02-07-2010, 10:24 PM
i think this thread nees more pics before its a build thread =D

hitoriko
02-07-2010, 11:08 PM
haha so true - tomorrow the missus and the family are going out which allows me tme to work on teh beast

pics coming tomorrow :DD:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

TheSaint
02-07-2010, 11:14 PM
saweeet!!!

ill have pics up some time mid week of the shocks being installed, the intake being installed and my mates garage with the rally cars etc =)

hitoriko
03-07-2010, 11:57 AM
Woot not alot done but everything that i wanted is!

Resi socks, APC Air Intake, EG5 Centre Armrest, Type R Shift Boot, MUGEN Gearknob all installed

Im having abit of a rest atm because i have the flu next thing to tackle is the RAZIN Unit & Goundings and maybe the beaks lwr tie bar

TheSaint
03-07-2010, 01:36 PM
i would do the cable tuck and the raizin at the same time

beaks bar is easy as ... just make sure u spray the LCA bolts with a crap load of CRC 12hrs before u give it a go =)
u will prob need a breaker bar as well

hitoriko
03-07-2010, 02:14 PM
yeah i need to get the crc before i do that and i may aswell do the LCAs since my blox ones are just sitting here

but not feeling the best and its very cold outside. cameras batt is dead so waiting on it to charge and then i'll post some new pics

hitoriko
03-07-2010, 02:54 PM
pics looking good i think :)

My Hi-Tech Extractors almost completely wrapped
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j250/hitoriko/DSC02669.jpg

APC Intake pipe & Resi Socks ( Really need to clean that bay and get a CAI in there)
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j250/hitoriko/DSC02668.jpg
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j250/hitoriko/DSC02666.jpg

Here is my JDM Arm rest (abit faded :S) Type R gear boot & MUGEN Gearknob all installed - look good IMO
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j250/hitoriko/DSC02665.jpg
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j250/hitoriko/DSC02664.jpg
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j250/hitoriko/DSC02659.jpg

so tahts what i did today..

TheSaint
07-07-2010, 06:00 PM
nice work man ... you really need to get a cloth + some WD40 and get working in that engine bay lol

i suggest you spray ur wipers with some weather proof matt black as well ... i did it on mine and now it looks great =)

the simota SRI is now off my car ... hit me with a pm if you want it lol

also i suggest getting in and cable tucking the bay ... it will help with future mods and make it look heeps cleaner - ur bay looks just like mine when i started off haha

hitoriko
07-07-2010, 07:02 PM
how do i cable tuck? where do i start? :P

check your inbox hombre

cheers

Red_EG4
07-07-2010, 07:30 PM
fix your shifter boot so it's right up under the gearbox, makes a world of difference :D

Alvis
07-07-2010, 10:45 PM
Hi-Tech extractors - are they from Hi-Tech Mufflers in Darlinghurst? And how come the wrap - don't see that much these days... does it keep the heat levels down in the engine bay?

pablos8
08-07-2010, 05:31 AM
Is that armrest from a eg sedan?

hitoriko
08-07-2010, 12:29 PM
Alvis - No idea i got them from another member awhile ago so i cant say for sure - all i know is tehre of an excellent quality :D

Pablos8 - Coupe, and i have another if your interested in getting one

ICYOIL
08-07-2010, 12:36 PM
Alvis - No idea i got them from another member awhile ago so i cant say for sure - all i know is tehre of an excellent quality :D

holy shit.. you have like doubles/triples of everything..lol
pm me if pablos dont want it

pablos8
08-07-2010, 12:40 PM
holy shit.. you have like doubles/triples of everything..lol
pm me if pablos dont want it

YOU WISH BRO - payback for that EG6 cluster :P haha

how much posted man?

ICYOIL
08-07-2010, 01:02 PM
YOU WISH BRO - payback for that EG6 cluster :P haha

how much posted man?

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k25/disprincess13/fffuuu.png
hahahaha,

Alvis
08-07-2010, 01:08 PM

Thanks Hitoriko - if they're good quality then I think I know where they come from... do they fit to a D16Y4 engine?

hitoriko
08-07-2010, 05:20 PM
Thanks Hitoriko - if they're good quality then I think I know where they come from... do they fit to a D16Y4 engine?

Any d15/d16 :D

I have plenty of the centre arm rest consoles - if you want one pm me and i'll send you a pic

TheSaint
11-07-2010, 12:51 PM
ill let you know as soon as i pick up the parts from the mechanic for you man
might not be until next weekend tho sorry =/

hitoriko
11-07-2010, 05:21 PM
nps saint i havent gotten your bit yet (the one we disscussed) so dont fret

TheSaint
11-07-2010, 07:37 PM
oki doki =D

man i want my car back!!

hitoriko
12-07-2010, 07:28 PM
haha i know that feeling, remeber when i blew my rad the 3rd day i had my car - yeah that sucked

hitoriko
16-07-2010, 05:03 PM
Lightwieght Harmonic balencer on the way

TheSaint
17-07-2010, 11:52 AM
i have read many articles that say lighter harmonic balancer isnt particulary good for the car ... you might wanna research it tho

hitoriko
17-07-2010, 02:17 PM
Woo got some new tools last night:
New Rachet
New Breaker Bar

I finially changed to my D1Spec Wheel Nuts i also piced up a present for my old man a set of extractors (for his HJ GTS 253 v8 :D) and so im gonna clean those up for him
i was supposed to get my EG6 door trims but the guy didn't call untill i was way passed his house so plan is to get them tomorrow and see if i can take out the fabric insert and change it with the
ones in my car so it looks all stock-ish

pics to come when i cbb

dougie_504
17-07-2010, 04:41 PM
Sounds good. We should do that catchup soon bro, but I gotta fix my bumper first it's embarrassing lol

hitoriko
18-07-2010, 11:10 AM
Why whats wrong with yours?

my front and rear bars have marks all over them from people scraping me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but i need a respray just no money atm plus i'd rather have a nice b16 than a new painted car

~Sp33~
18-07-2010, 11:01 PM
my front and rear bars have marks all over them from people scraping me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's a never ending battle :thumbdwn:

WA-EG
19-07-2010, 12:23 PM
i have read many articles that say lighter harmonic balancer isnt particulary good for the car ... you might wanna research it tho

i have been told the same. good for race car, not for street car. i had one on my mini, but after the third workshop telling me its bad had it removed and swapped back to a normal one

WA-EG
19-07-2010, 12:26 PM
also, spoke with my mate bout those guage pods. did you guys have any particular set ups you wanted?? he asked me to gather some ideas of what people might want then he can borrow my car for a weekend to get some moulds made up to suit.

hitoriko
19-07-2010, 07:11 PM
WOOO

EG6 door trims have arrived and there very good condition too! this weekend i'll hopefully finally install my front alpine type R splits and then my system is complete. Next few items will be suspension related, looking at getting front & rear type R swaybars and new bushing kit

WA-EG - yeah if i can find a pic of what im after i'll link it to you via pm, reguard to the harmonic balancer, i've been told aslong as it has the rubber in the middle (or you make one) there fine, and althings considering its a 230xxxkm engine its gonna blow sooner or later so may aswell get the fun out of it while i can :D