PDA

View Full Version : WTB Suggestion

SiR JDM
05-12-2004, 01:58 AM
OK just a suggestion ...
For items that members wish to purchase, but are not needed imediatly, I think a sticky thread or something of the like should be implimented ...

e.g. If im looking for a set of used Coilovers for my EG, but am willing to wait for them, if I post in the WTB section, after a week or two it will be on the 2nd or 3rd page already and probably lost forever, i know i dont look past the first or 2nd page when i read the WTB section.
However if a month or 2 later someone is interested in selling their EG coilovers, they wont know I would be still looking..

I think a WTB (Waiting To Buy) could be useful as it would eliminate alot of *WTB* threads and they're replies, as well as *FOR SALE* threads..

If a username + item waiting to buy is listed somewhere, they could be contacted directly via PM saving both seller and buyer time and trouble and OH mods time filtering and OH webspace =]

Just a thought...?

panda[cRx]
05-12-2004, 02:08 AM
then there will be a million stickies ppl have to filter thru and same thing will happen, it will end up 3 pages back in stickies

SiR JDM
05-12-2004, 02:37 AM
I was thinking something like 1 giant post (editable) with sections ..

ie -
Interior
Exterior
Suspension
etc etc...

Havn't really thought into too much how it would work, was just a suggestion

Sp3rMz
05-12-2004, 05:41 AM
Sorry to say James it sound rather like a hudge and unneccesary job. In the end as panda said its gonna end up lost in cyber space neway. And also what you are requesting sounds like a big job. Don't think the mods have enough time to fullfill it. You do realise you're aloud to bump ur thread once a day. So just bump it once a week.

joyride
05-12-2004, 07:36 AM
also, if you havent done so, go into your CP and change the settings where you can see more threads on a page..

SiR JDM
05-12-2004, 02:18 PM
Tien - Yea i guess so, just thought there mighta been another way

Joyride - Yea ive already done that, im not talking bout this just for m benefit

Sp3rMz
05-12-2004, 03:04 PM
Another way you can get around it...is use you're signature to ur advantage. eg WTB: as a sig. as alot of people do. As for implementing a new design, it has to be user friendly, mod friendly and worth the switch.

wynode
05-12-2004, 04:29 PM
I think everyone else has already answered your question James :)

SiR JDM
05-12-2004, 05:01 PM
Fair enough ... was just a thought... =]