PDA

View Full Version : Suspension - ADR approved?

Alvis
04-02-2010, 09:20 PM
Hi Guys,

Does anyone know if aftermarket suspension products should be ADR approved?

I was looking at BC Coilovers but am now reluctant to buy them because they are not ADR approved. This would essentially void my insurance policy if something was to happen.

What are your thoughts? And what products (apart from Tein) are out there that are ADR approved (Eibach, Koni etc)?

Thanks,

vinnY
04-02-2010, 11:24 PM
i don't think any aftermarket suspension is adr approved

and unless you do a really dodge job on the suspension i.e. cut springs i'm pretty sure they won't void your insurance unless the suspension failing was the cause of the accident

Alvis
05-02-2010, 12:27 AM
Mmm... I was told by Race Supplies Sydney that Tein was ADR approved but not BC Coilovers so that just got me thinking that's all... might keep hunting around and see what i can dig up...

vinnY
05-02-2010, 12:44 AM
let me guess, they happen to sell tein as well?

might wanna get in touch with fulcrum (http://www.fulcrumsuspensions.com.au/) and ask about their tein range
apparently they're the only ones selling adr compliant tein gear in australia?

Alvis
05-02-2010, 09:57 AM
Ok will do - thanks vinnY.

I actually had a mate who went through Fulcrum for his STi and R8 for some Super Streets and he's been happy with the result on both cars...

Thanks again :-)

Alvis
05-02-2010, 10:44 AM
Ok, after getting some insurance advice:

As long as you disclose to your insurance company the brand/name of the suspension (best to check this with them before you buy it to make sure they will cover it) they will have to honour your claim.