PDA

View Full Version : clutch kit question

5thgen_prel
05-02-2010, 02:56 PM
wat is better??
a exedy heavy duty clutch kit or a comp 6 puck race clutch kit??

bennjamin
05-02-2010, 03:09 PM
what car what engine what mods ?

IMO the exedy heavy duty is better - because it is a OEM replacement with a simply heavier pressure plate , giving more aggressive bite but same OEM longevity. It is 1 constant surface/face

The 6 puck clutch , is 6 faced ( 6 surfaces) so will bite more aggressively and take more power. But will be perhaps harder to engage and perhaps not last as long. (just what ive heard)

Try to get a ORGANIC CLUTCH KIT to suit your ride. It is higher rated , longer lasting and better feeling

EG5
05-02-2010, 03:59 PM
or you can run competition clutch stage 2
carbon full face.

they are very similar to exedy heavy duty , direct stock replacement

JasonGilholme
05-02-2010, 04:07 PM
I'd get competition clutch over exedy any day.

They offer a full face carbon/kevlar disc just like the exedy do, and IMO is much better.

Put the clutch kit together with the lightened flywheel that they offer and you've got yourself a nice package. I should know ;)

bigbaby0223
05-02-2010, 04:14 PM
Dunt get the clutch with metal or carbon clutch disc if your car will see some hefty traffic. Exedy sports organic is very good, close to OEM feeling with a clutch cover a little harder than OEM.:thumbsup:

JasonGilholme
05-02-2010, 04:17 PM
Dunt get the clutch with metal or carbon clutch disc if your car will see some hefty traffic. Exedy sports organic is very good, close to OEM feeling with a clutch cover a little harder than OEM.:thumbsup:

I'd like to know why?

I used to run the 6 puk ceramic competition clutch and i had lots of heavy traffic moments with it. no problems at all. The clutch is out of the car at the moment and it still looks brand new.

bigbaby0223
05-02-2010, 04:25 PM
Well, I have nothing against metal or carbon clutch, it is just that people have different style of driving, if one rides the clutch a lot, then they wont last as long as the organic fibre clutch. I had a ORC 409 clutch on my old car, it took me a while to learn how to drive it correctly.

DLO01
05-02-2010, 04:57 PM
wat is better??
a exedy heavy duty clutch kit or a comp 6 puck race clutch kit??

Apple or the Orange? Neither one is better. Depends on application.

5thgen_prel
05-02-2010, 09:30 PM
car engine is stock...i have a b18c in a ek with mugen catbak nd fuel reg nd a piggy bak nd tatz it...hmmz i dnt really drive in traffic...so which one would b better...i have a exedy in it atm

DLO01
05-02-2010, 09:39 PM
Exedy HD. 6 puck would be overkill.