PDA

View Full Version : Alpine Type S - SPS171A opinions

Krim
05-12-2004, 10:29 AM
Hey all,

Does anyone have these component splits and able to give me their opinion/review. Cant find much information on them in Australia. - Ive checked out CAA.

Will they fit in the front doors of an EK Civic sedan?

I went to a car audio shop and had a demo. Compared them to another set of splits branded Epsilion which sounded bassier. Although i think a sub was connected to the audio board but the salesman insisted that it was not on.

Not looking to spend too much but would like to get decent component speakers (read: budget of $250) for better front stage.

Thanks.

Fhrx
05-12-2004, 10:50 AM
I'm not much of a fan of them personally. I find the midbass and lower midrange very lacking the the tweeter too harsh. :(

GenV
05-12-2004, 11:10 AM
Im not a fan of them either...I find them way toooo harsh.
For $250, u might be lookin at pioneers or JL's or something.

Krim
05-12-2004, 11:56 AM
I'm not much of a fan of them personally. I find the midbass and lower midrange very lacking the the tweeter too harsh. :(Would you still consider them for an entry/low level system?

Im not a fan of them either...I find them way toooo harsh.
For $250, u might be lookin at pioneers or JL's or something.In the pioneer range would you be thinking of TS-C160R (http://www.pioneeraus.com.au/car_entertainment/speakers/tsc160r/index.html)'s as the same level speaker?

Thanks for response guys.

Fhrx
05-12-2004, 10:51 PM
Would you still consider them for an entry/low level system?
It largely depends on what genre's you listen too but I would be recommending something like Hertz ECX165, Boston FX6 or Phoneox Gold R6.5COAX long before the Alpines. :)