PDA

View Full Version : Buckled randomly, Now wont fire?

vr423q
06-02-2010, 06:15 PM
Hey Guys

I currently own a eg civic with the D16A motor in it, its my daily.
The other day on the way to work the car suddenly wouldnt accelerate, revs started to drop and pushing down accelerator would do nothing. Pulled over and turned car off. Went to start it up again and would crank but not fire.

Inspecting the car showed it to have no spark. Distributor was rooted. Switched distributor over and there is now spark but still wont fire. Have checked fuel pump, sparkies, leads, injectors, ecu diagnostics and all have proved to be in working order with no faults.

When replaced distributor have no 1 cylinder at tdc, rotor button pointing toward cylinder 1 and coupling aligned with index mark on housing, then just slid it in. Want to set timing with timing light but car wont start.

What can be done now? Sorry for the essay, any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers

chowdaa
07-02-2010, 09:47 PM
sounds unusual, double checked leads? have you tried fitting the dizzy in 180degrees for kicks? i'm sure you know this but cylinder one is the one closest to the timing belt.

vr423q
07-02-2010, 09:52 PM
Did the resistance check on all leads and all came back good,
Not sure how to throw it in 180 degrees out, and yeh 100% sure leads are all on in right order, checked off manual, how is it thrown on 180 degrees out? wouldnt mind trying it

xclusive_eg8
07-02-2010, 10:46 PM
sure the block aint flooded??

vinnY
08-02-2010, 04:50 PM
stupid question, is there even petrol in the tank?

vr423q
08-02-2010, 06:12 PM
not flooded and plenty of petrol :s

chowdaa
08-02-2010, 10:52 PM
The distributor can be fitted only 2 ways from memory due to the keyway design, with the line/etch marking at the very top and motor at tdc. Enlighten us on how you have tested your fuel pump is working/pressurising, injectors and ecu are operating and for spark.

So if you have fuel pressue, ecu func. normal meaning injectors are opening, spark is present, compression is heard during cranking and presumed ok, all is left is timing.

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n81/chowdaa/untitled.jpg
i am sure you have a copy of this from what you have told us, but just checking.