PDA

View Full Version : After Market Seat Covers

Hammo
07-02-2010, 07:56 PM
I have just bought a VTI-S. The after market has seat covers which have provision for the curtain airbags which is terrific, however, the drivers arm rest stops the cover from being fitted over the back rest correctly. I could remove it, fit the cover, cut a hole where the arm rest mounting is located and refit the arm rest. Question is how to get the arm rest off without doing any damage to it. Arm rest amputation is not my strong point so any help would be appreciated.

Hammo
08-02-2010, 10:03 AM
I've just flipped out the plastic cover hiding the bolt head and un-bolted the arm rest. Easy.

4mako
08-02-2010, 09:18 PM
I would put a zipper on your seat cover to save you from removing the armrest.

cyberlucky
24-03-2010, 02:57 PM
... The after market has seat covers which have provision for the curtain airbags which is terrific, ...

Where did you get those, if you don't mind me asking. And how much?

Thanks

Hammo
28-03-2010, 08:26 PM
They came from Autobarn on New Line Road, Dural, NSW although they should be available at all branches. Cost was $50. There were several types with cut outs for the side air bag.
The arm rest unbolts after you flip out the plastic cover hiding the bolt head and you only need a very small cutout around the bolt when the seat cover is fitted.
Hope this helps.

cyberlucky
28-03-2010, 09:29 PM
Thanks. Will check out AutoBarn. Cheers.