PDA

View Full Version : LOC- Amping up speakers with stock head unit

Terrano08
07-02-2010, 10:18 PM
Hey guys,
I know there is already a few threeads on this, but I'm finding it a bit confusing. I got a clarion 4 channel amp and i some aftermarket 6x9s and splits for my Euro. I have already bought a LOC( Line out convertor) from ebay-
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/RCA-Car-4-Channel-Line-Level-Converter-with-Remote-Out_W0QQitemZ270406729936QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Car _Parts_Accessories?hash=item3ef57f40d0

I'm planning to amp all four speakers.
Heres what i think i have to do so far.
1. Run a power cable to the AMP with fuse
2. Run a ground from the AMP
3.Trace the speaker wires back to the head deck
4. Hook them up accordingly + & - to the LOC ( btw anyone got the wire colour codes for the Euro)
5. Run the RCA's from the back of the LOC to the AMP
6. Run the new speakers via new wires the the + & - ports of the AMP

Now heres where I am confused. This particular LOC has a ground, power, and remote wire. So i am guessing ground goes straight to chassis located somehwere near where i place the LOC. Then remote wire goes to the remote port in the amp( although have heard somethings about connecting it to acc wire or cig lighter???). Then theres the last wire, the power wire from the LOC, where does this go? to the battery with a fuse of to the amp or ????
thanks guys
Marc

euro_tr4sh
07-02-2010, 10:35 PM
CAR. AUDIO. SECTION.... if you dont know what your doing a euro isnt really somthing id be using as my first go, not very forgiving if you hook something up wrong or break it

xclusive_eg8
07-02-2010, 10:38 PM
connect ground and power to headunit power in, and ground wire to the acc wire..

thus allowing everything to turn on when headunit is on,

then the acc wire that goes to LOC will loop to the amp,

its an easy install, personally id give wow to do it and get a wiring warranty too

Terrano08
07-02-2010, 10:54 PM
connect ground and power to headunit power in, and ground wire to the acc wire..

thus allowing everything to turn on when headunit is on,

then the acc wire that goes to LOC will loop to the amp,

its an easy install, personally id give wow to do it and get a wiring warranty too

Sorry i found that a bit confusing. So the ground wire from the LOC goes to the headunit (but where exactly do i connect it). And thent he power from the LOC to the headunit power i, which wire is that and do i cut and join the wire or how? And then ithe remote wire connects to the acc? where is this wire located and how to i connect it in?

tony1234
08-02-2010, 06:30 AM
CAR. AUDIO. SECTION.... if you dont know what your doing a euro isnt really somthing id be using as my first go, not very forgiving if you hook something up wrong or break it
Yeah i agree.Get it done by a good car audio installer.If you live in Sydney i know one.BTW i have this setup.changed my speakers,running a 4 channel 50WRMS/channel amp then a bridged 2 channel 120WRMS amp powering a 10"sub.

BraXta
08-02-2010, 08:13 PM
or you could do what i have ... lol

but people said mines too bassey lol

xclusive_eg8
10-02-2010, 03:48 PM
if u really really want to do it yourself, be prepared for headaches and alot of wondering.. unless u got wiring diagram or something that indicates wire colouring, u are comfortable with a tester and understand it ..give it to a pro..

BraXta
15-02-2010, 11:22 PM
yeh its not like re wiring an older car and stuff easy to get the deck out and rewire you need the diagrams and need to at least know how to get behind the deck... do your research and make sure you dont blow something =D