PDA

View Full Version : 6x9 parcel tray vibration

Terrano08
08-02-2010, 10:53 PM
Hey guys,
I dont know if anyone has the same problem. I have aftermarket 6x9's in my Euro and with the bass even on low although more so on high the metal parcel tray vibrates very loudly. Any solutiions
thanks
marc

Min988
09-02-2010, 06:06 AM
you'll probably find its the plastic around the brake light which is vibrating, I've wedged a piece of paper between it and the glass.

thatguy
25-02-2010, 11:40 PM
same prob ay... think its from my subs tho.. it so loud i can hear it thru the back window when standin outside car.

i think it has sometin to do with the middle seat belt assembly.... ??
if anyone has overcome this pls help!

slimx
26-02-2010, 12:33 AM
yeh subs cause it ..

What u need here is DYNAMAT.
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Dynamat

Research it a bit..
its like this metal sort of thingo.. that blocks bass and adds weight.. to uh.. in this case ur parcel shelf.

tron07
26-02-2010, 07:52 AM
sounddeaden it...put a layer of sponge like material (insuflex or whatever) and dynamat around the area where its resting to stop the vibration

Lochstar_69
26-02-2010, 05:03 PM
done the sponge idea, was a fail. dunno about dynamatting it. if the sponge didnt do it i dont think that will.

Its the beauty of having awesome bass. haha now we are like all the commos and falcons with the number plate rattle :D

thatguy
26-02-2010, 08:08 PM
mm.. yeh i pulled off the black cap thats inside the boot.. its under there the most...
all the gears in the seat belt thingy...
tried to put a heap of vaso in there.. but melted out on a hot day. ha
so i not sure wot 2 do

xclusive_eg8
26-02-2010, 10:03 PM
just put subs or music loud lol stick your head in the boot and touch various parts, what ever stops vibrating needs to come out or be wedged....Had this problem on my EG sedan when I added subs, I stuffed the whole boot with aircon duct fluff, removed the caps of lights, took interior button that lets back seat down off, siliconed the back of my number plate (let it dry then put back on car), dynamatted the whole parcel shelf and still get rattles when your outside the car, but inside is okkish lol