PDA

View Full Version : aftermarket throttle body install need help!

altong0840
08-02-2010, 11:33 PM
hi everyone, recently my H22A has a broken TB so i bought a aftermarket TB to replace it, so confuse when i install the new one on it because the aftermarket one is this

http://i.ebayimg.com/15/!BfY5P5!CGk~$(KGrHqIOKkIErygVWNZSBLBEjcVrLg~~_12.J PG

because it need the TPS+ map sensor to install on the new TB, but i discovered that my stock throttle body has the TPS but cannot find another plug (map sensor), and it got a 2 hoses on the bottom of the TB and 2 hoses on the top~i don't know where all these hoses should locate, so is it mean it don;t fit or i can do something with the hoses?

very very confuse, never found the map sensor plug, normally it should be on the top of the TB, but mine don't have one.......help.....

AXS
09-02-2010, 03:39 AM
hi everyone, recently my H22A has a broken TB so i bought a aftermarket TB to replace it, so confuse when i install the new one on it because the aftermarket one is this

http://i.ebayimg.com/15/!BfY5P5!CGk~$(KGrHqIOKkIErygVWNZSBLBEjcVrLg~~_12.J PG

because it need the TPS+ map sensor to install on the new TB, but i discovered that my stock throttle body has the TPS but cannot find another plug (map sensor), and it got a 2 hoses on the bottom of the TB and 2 hoses on the top~i don't know where all these hoses should locate, so is it mean it don;t fit or i can do something with the hoses?

very very confuse, never found the map sensor plug, normally it should be on the top of the TB, but mine don't have one.......help.....

in relation to the hoses you need to bypass them, u may have noticed that the aftermarket TB comes with a hose in the box (well mine did anyway) and use that to bypass the coolant lines that your stock TB has....

the map sensor is generaly positioned on the top of the standard TB's not sure why you cannot find your one the car cannot run without the map sensor, unless its located on the IM if thats the case the TB is not made for your motor.

hope that helps

altong0840
09-02-2010, 08:46 AM
in relation to the hoses you need to bypass them, u may have noticed that the aftermarket TB comes with a hose in the box (well mine did anyway) and use that to bypass the coolant lines that your stock TB has....

the map sensor is generaly positioned on the top of the standard TB's not sure why you cannot find your one the car cannot run without the map sensor, unless its located on the IM if thats the case the TB is not made for your motor.

hope that helps

the IM is not locate on the top of the TB but somewhere else, so i will contact the seller and ask for refund as he state that the TB is direct fit on any H22/B18C/B16A

thanks so much for ur help!!!! AXS