PDA

View Full Version : EG8 Sedan swaybar options

TheSaint
09-02-2010, 12:39 AM
i feel like a real noobcake asking this ... thats why its here and not in the suspension forum

ok so im looking at putting a rear swaybar kit on my EG8 sedan
(i just sold a Dc2 14mm swaybar ... should have just used it doh)

background info:
i had a Dc2 integra and put a whiteline 22mm adjustable rear swaybar with tie brace kit on it and it was waaaay too stiff ... car was trying to drift all the time and i didnt like it ... i dont wanna go sideways i just want to handle well

so im thinking of getting another 14mm swaybar for the EG ... probably an EG6 bar

questions:
should i get an ASR brace for such a small swaybar?

if i put a larger swaybar on the front AND the back ... will it balance out so the car doesnt try to drift all the time?

options:
1.EG6 swaybar with third party LCA
2.EG6 swaybar with ASR kit and third party LCA
3.Whiteline 24mm front swaybar, whiteline 18mm rear swaybar with front and rear spherical rod ends and an ASR brace

i dont really know what to do ... i dont want to do what happened last time ... spent all that money than didnt like the result

thanks in advance for the input

riruiz_88
09-02-2010, 07:49 AM
well if you didnt like it when you had the whiteline 22mm bar, go for a smaller one then. if you will be using a 14mm bar, you dont need any sort of bracing for it i.e. ASR, BEAKS etc....
as for the LCA, you dont need an aftermarket one to install a sway bar. all you need is a DC2 or EG5 LCA's. using an EG6/DC2R LCA, will end up you having to get different shocks because of the different mounting points.

string
09-02-2010, 10:51 AM
Maybe you don't like the way FWD handles? Without a big rear swaybar (i.e. what Honda put on the ITR from the factory) you're going to be deep in understeer city, which in my books, is the definition of not-fun. If you are using stock shocks then there's your problem.

TheSaint
09-02-2010, 03:42 PM
i liked the way my vtir handled stock ... but i didnt like it with the 22mm rear swaybar ... i think i may have had it on the stiffest setting tho ... probably was the problem

yeah im trying to get some shocks at the moment

i might just put on a EG6/Dc2VTIR swaybar and throw in a good tie brace and see how it goes

took a tow bar off the car and now the back end is REALLY wobly lol .... need to get a strut brace back there

riruiz_88
09-02-2010, 04:28 PM
in my opinion a rear strut brace wont fix the wobly feeling. i have one in mine and i didnt notice a difference until i really put the car through its paces. the 2 mods that did make a huge difference were:
1. all bushes changed in the rear to polyurethane
2. 22mm rear sway bar

but as you said, you dont want a thick sway bar. so you should look at the condition of ALL your bushes. you would be surprised too see at the condition of some of them, if they have not been changed.